When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

I'm kinda upset with this rep game right now......

cableguy

<vent>

date isnt aligned, so i'm trying to get a replacement date wheel via my dealer which is like pulling teeth.

then i'll have to send it out to one of our modders to get repaired. at the same time i figure i'll do a lume and service. but man its bugging me that i cant even wear the watch out of box cause the date alignment is so bad.

the last sub i had the bezel insert was great sunk in so it made the cystal look tall...this new one (same dealer) is low, the insert is too high so thats gonna need work too.....

lol, i know i'm whining...its all part of the rep game, but damm i'm having some crappy luck recently...... (my ETA sfso was flipping the date at 5am instead of 12)

</vent>

CableGuy,

I understand your frustration.

The rep game isn't easy...but that is why we like it, no ?

Can I suggest that you get an MBW and send it to one of our modders for gen parts and metal work ?

This way, once and for all you will have a good Sub and can start to look at other models.

Cheers

Stephane

<vent>

lol, i know i'm whining...its all part of the rep game, but damm i'm having some crappy luck recently...... (my ETA sfso was flipping the date at 5am instead of 12)

</vent>

Wow, cableguy...me too.

I was really down in the mouth today, and told a collector that I was thinking of quitting rep watches altogether, and consequently spending less time on rep forums, because of my crappy recent luck of late with them.

I told him that I'm not expecting a perfect science, but now my "success rate" is...1 watch delivered that didn't have some kind of issue, whether minor or major. Out of 16/17. I lost count.

(edit-- 2 out of 17. I forgot the HBB I just got. Fingers crossed...)

Of course I'm over-dramatising this, and I'm sure my mood will pass the moment I fall in love with a watch all over again, but damn. It's not just me that feels this way today!

Not sure if that was a good thing, or a bad thing, though. Sorry for your bothers. :wounded1:

cable m8

whats the pice u talkin about ...mbw? or ---

laz

Hey Laz - its a so called perfect sub, my 2nd one (i broke the 1st one being an idiot) that sub was pretty much perfect (except the rehaut, pearl and crown..i can live with the rehaut, swapped the pearl, and should have sent it to a modder to do the crown)

CableGuy,

I understand your frustration.

The rep game isn't easy...but that is why we like it, no ?

Can I suggest that you get an MBW and send it to one of our modders for gen parts and metal work ?

This way, once and for all you will have a good Sub and can start to look at other models.

Cheers

Stephane

Stephane, If i could find a good stock 16610 MBW for a reasonable price I would have done that. If i can get this date issue worked out, I should be ok. I'm doing the metal work on a spare sub case I have its not the best rehaut, but I can live with that tiny flaw.

Wow, cableguy...me too.

I was really down in the mouth today, and told a collector that I was thinking of quitting rep watches altogether, and consequently spending less time on rep forums, because of my crappy recent luck of late with them.

I told him that I'm not expecting a perfect science, but now my "success rate" is...1 watch delivered that didn't have some kind of issue, whether minor or major. Out of 16/17. I lost count.

Of course I'm over-dramatising this, and I'm sure my mood will pass the moment I fall in love with a watch all over again, but damn. It's not just me that feels this way today!

Not sure if that was a good thing, or a bad thing, though. Sorry for your bothers. :wounded1:

Damm thats worse then I've had recently.... the really crappy part is my 1st sub that i got from paul was FINE, but my stupidity broke it..... =(

Stephane, If i could find a good stock 16610 MBW for a reasonable price I would have done that. If i can get this date issue worked out, I should be ok. I'm doing the metal work on a spare sub case I have its not the best rehaut, but I can live with that tiny flaw.

I wish you all the best !

Have fun.

Cheers

Stephane

Can you post any pictures?

I'm thinking about ordering a new one from Joe (Top Class watches), and i want to compare. Anyway i think Joe has the best Rolex Rep. , i orderer a Daytona just a week ago, and it was so nice...

You better get payed for all the plugging you are doing for this joe character :animal_rooster::whistling:

Who is the Joe, he is not a dealer here! i have consitently used the deaslers here with good reputations, that means i have not orderd from paul, i have never had to send a watch back, i have had one arrive with a loose lume marker that was fixed by my local watch maker ( i could have done it my self but did not want to mess it up as it was a gift for my wife) One never arrived and was replaced by the seller. 99.9% happy. We have people here that will provide service beyond what is expected. Why do you go outside what is offerd here and then complain?

Wow, cableguy...me too.

....maybe you're getting too many reps? :thumbdown:

I'm at 3/3... UPO, Rolex YM, and Hublot

I will eventually be 4/4 (since this will be a custom-project thingie, it can't fail :X) but who knows when I'll be able to undertake the PAM project I had in mind.. but yea.. slow down.. you got way too many reps :X

remember even in the land of reps.. quality > quantity

go with the consumer-rated rep faves... PAMs, Breitlings, UPO's, certain Rollies, etc.. and also from trusted dealers :X I don't have any dealings with womar... so I wouldn't know but from some recent posts I think that's a mistake right there :thumbdown:

today is a new day....

I spent 2-3hours last night grinding down a spare bezel insert i had....so it would make the crystal look taller and sit recessed in the bezel.... got it all fitting good...just glued it in about 10mins ago with some clear 5min expoxy..... the bezel is still turning so i did it right :lol: this bezel has a watchmaterial pearl on it, so its nice....

now I just have to wait to get the pesky date wheel fixed =)

I ordered a Gen crown and AM crown tube to install....should be here next week sometime....

Tom - I'm still waiting for my UPO, I'm sure that one will get lots of wrist time as well....