When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

daytona 6263

rosnik

Looks pretty good. I would drill out those lug holes to the proper size. then i would a kitchen scrubby pad to it and scuff it all up.. then repolish it... then scuff it up.. then repolish it. You know, make it look old. You could replace the crown with a Gen crown. its a very nice watch as it but i think it looks to "new" right now.. need to vintagize it a bit :) but maybe thats just me. i like my watches to look well used.

Looks pretty good. I would drill out those lug holes to the proper size. then i would a kitchen scrubby pad to it and scuff it all up.. then repolish it... then scuff it up.. then repolish it. You know, make it look old. You could replace the crown with a Gen crown. its a very nice watch as it but i think it looks to "new" right now.. need to vintagize it a bit :) but maybe thats just me. i like my watches to look well used.

L-dizzle,

I'm in accord with you!

Vintagifing is needed! :rolleyes:

About the bracelet, this one is 20mm ends .

Do the Gen 6263 have 19mm or 20mm ends??

The case is too big, mine is around 39.3mm. The best thing to do w/ the watch is to immobilize the 6 o'clock subdial- right now it mimics the hour hand. You can remove a gear and glue the six o'clock subdial hand in place at 12 o'clock, at least it won't be moving around all of the time. And vintagizing is OK also

The case is too big, mine is around 39.3mm. The best thing to do w/ the watch is to immobilize the 6 o'clock subdial- right now it mimics the hour hand. You can remove a gear and glue the six o'clock subdial hand in place at 12 o'clock, at least it won't be moving around all of the time. And vintagizing is OK also

I used my digital caliber:

290647-5542.jpg

290647-5543.jpg

290647-5544.jpg

290647-5545.jpg

The dia of the crown is correct, although the crown is a rep.

The dia of the gen case is 35mm tall, 37mm wide (41mm wide if you measure to the end of the crown) and 19mm lug width.

It is one of the nicer Daytona reps, but it does have some obvious problems. Some you can fix and some you cannot. As Alligoat said, the subdial at 6 on your watch is just an extra hour hand (it always points to the same place on the dial that the main hour hand points to). On the gen watch, this subdial (at 6) is the chronograph hour counter (it counts hours only when the chronograph is in operation, otherwise it should always point to 12). The subdial at 3 is the chronograph minute counter (it counts minutes only when the chronograph is in operation, otherwise it should always point to 12). And the subdial at 9 is the running seconds (it counts seconds and runs all the time).

The movement in your watch is actually a very good one, but it does not function the same as the movement in the gen Daytona. Search the archives for previous posts & tutorials about freezing the subdial on Venus or Lemania movements. This mod will permanently fix the hand in the lower subdial at the 12 position, which is the correct position for that hand when the chronograph is not in use. Basically, you will need to take the movement out of the case, remove the hands and dial from the movement, and then remove a gear and disable another.

If you compare the distance between the crown and each pusher, you will see that the pushers on the gen watch are unevenly spaced (asymmetrical) and the pushers on the rep watch are evenly spaced (symmetrical).

290850-5410.jpg

Even though this difference exists, 99.8% of the public are not aware of this difference and probably could not tell the difference even if they were aware. In fact, many gen Daytona owners do not know the difference either.