When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Steelfish: Still one of my favourites

shultz

That SF is still one of my favourite reps: ETA 2824, dial and hands relumed with SL C3 by The Zigmeister. Watch is running fast 2 secs.per day. That is C.O.S.C. quality! Just two quick shots for your pleasure: A wrist shot from today and a closer look to the wonderful dial :wub:

289814-6085.jpg

289814-6086.jpg

I've had that one in my sights for a while now. A deal on a gen got in the way, but it's left me broke for at least another month.

Nothing like eating ramen noodles while wearing a $2,000 watch. <_<

In either case, I hope to have a superocean someday soon.

it is beautiful! how difficult is the crown to operate? i sent mine back because of the date being off centered to the left and the crown was so difficult to screw down i had to hook my fingernails into the slots and work it around one slot at a time. it was terrible so i sent it back for a refund. it took about 30 minutes to screw the crown back down and my fingers hurt for 3 days afterwords. first it was sent for repair and they couldn't fix it and a refund followed. i was very disappointed for a so called super rep. my evolution is a much nicer watch.

Edited by hk45ca

I had a crown issue upon receipt. The tubes on these are press fit and like the Omega's of late, can cause problems. My tube was loose but after Ziggy got done with it it works great. Screws about 6 turns and smoothe as butter :thumbsupsmileyanim:

i just received mine this week and i have to say -- i'm really surprised at how much i like it. in particular, i'm a huge fan of the bracelet. all of the other breitling bracelets i've had were either way too bling (navitimer, chronomat evolution) or way to dull (chrono avenger). this one is just right.

now i'm not sure what to do with the genuine rubber strap i purchased assuming i'd like this one better on a strap :g:

deltatahoe

Hi folks,

thanks for the compliments (thanks by-tor! I am just training my photo skills with my new caplio R5) . I'd like to answer some questions: The mvt. on my watch is outstanding: as mentioned: 2 Secs per day. fast, water proofness has been tested (yes, rolli, I noticed your thread) , the tube/ thread has been a bit stiff when I received the watch out of the box. But when I got it back from The Zigmeister it went in very smooth. Referring to the bracelet: I wish my Avenger rep (probably you've already seen my recent postings) had that bracelet in Ti. the new AC is out with that bracelet and I hope our asian friends will rep the Ti version some day.

Here is another quick shot showing the re-lumed hands and markers. Please note that The Zigmeister re-lumed the small triangle @ 12 and the squares @ 3,6 and 9 as well (like genuine!)

290201-5884.jpg

Edited by shultz

....Here is another quick shot showing the re-lumed hands and markers. Please note that The Zigmeister re-lumed the small triangle @ 12 and the squares @ 3,6 and 9 as well (like genuine!)

290243-5871.jpg

Truly a work of art, by the Master himself... Great-looking lume!! :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Nice picture of the Steelfish.

I recieved mine some days ago, and it is every bit the Super-rep I expected. It is hard to choose between blue, black or white dial. I chose white dial, think that fit well with the Breitling style. A nice touch about mine is that the B on the crown line up perfectly when the crown is screwd in.

The two white brothers:

290245-5869.jpg

I recieved mine some days ago, and it is every bit the Super-rep I expected. It is hard to choose between blue, black or white dial. I chose white dial, think that fit well with the Breitling style. A nice touch about mine is that the B on the crown line up perfectly when the crown is screwd in.

The two white brothers:

290365-5837.jpg

the gator strap on that sets it off so much more.

can i ask where you got it?

The two white brothers:

290365-5837.jpg