When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

MBW 1680 Question

stac

ok.. i have searched and searched some more and the ONLY and cheapest 3mm x .3 tap i can find is on Casker for $35 plus shipping. I can find lots of 3mm x .6 on the net for about $2-3 and thats all they are worth.

Can someone guide me in the right direction here?

Where can i get a submariner GEn size tube tap for a reasonable price????

can someone post here or PM me a website and part #?

Lonnie

You will have to run a tapping tool through because all MBW tubes are glued in and thus make the threads dirty... this debris needs to be removed.

Tap size is M3 finethreading - 3.0x0.35mm

Specialized watch tools don't come cheaply. Cableguys tap is about the best deal I've seen costwise.

I just bit the bullet and went to julesborel- the tap for 24-600 series and 24-7030 tubes (PN- STK300) is $35.00

The new style case tube wrench- PN- STK1060 is also $35.00. It's slightly better than ofrei's where they sell the stuff in pairs for $69 and $49.

http://www.ofrei.com/page433.html

I'm gunna order 10 of them. Im just waiting to hear back from them regarding shipping....

thanks for the fast info guys!!!

Lonnie

Specialized watch tools don't come cheaply. Cableguys tap is about the best deal I've seen costwise.

I just bit the bullet and went to julesborel- the tap for 24-600 series and 24-7030 tubes (PN- STK300) is $35.00

The new style case tube wrench- PN- STK1060 is also $35.00. It's slightly better than ofrei's where they sell the stuff in pairs for $69 and $49.

I hate to be the barer of bad news but, I also ordered the tap and wrench from Jules Borel on the 17th of July. The items are back ordered so, be prepared to wait a while.

I agree with Repaustria. I would be very wary of those cheap taps. Before I finally broke down and spent the money for the proper taps (from Ofrei), I tried a tap set from Sears (good quality), but they didn't have the correct thread pitch so I had to pitch the case and start over (with the Ofrei taps).

i am a firm believer in "you get what you pay for" but, i have a lot of experience with taps and dies so'll i'll give it a shot (experiment) with the cheapo tap and post my findings. I agree the $40 tap is better but its such a huge difference in price... seems a little inflated maybe just becasue of its size and probable limited uses.

Either way i will let you know how it works out

Lonnie