When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

The start of something beautiful.

Saabin

Wow, the advantages of having your own autoparts works/machining business :showoff:;)

I mean, that case is just jaw dropping, truly amazing work, almost makes me sick with envy looking at it :o

Like Klingsor, I have also been working on my own little 6542 project (been dormant for a while - nowhere near yours yet) using an old Bond Sub case with coin edge bezel as a starting point, but having difficulty finding someone to adapt the case like yours :whistling: All other bits accounted for, crown/tube, crystal, DW (needs ageing a little), movt etc. Have the MY bakelite insert and also a 'special' dial on the way...

Some early pics...comments/advice on how to mod the case, most welcome

301389-2040.png301389-2041.png

301389-2042.png301389-2043.png

301389-2044.jpg301389-2045.jpg

YES!!!

I keep telling people that case is *amazingly* good for making a 1675 / 6542 / 6536 / 5508

Still requires *major* machining work though, the 1675 is the only one that doesn't require the CGs removing (does that amount to castration? :unsure::lol:), but all of those still need major profile work from Paul's Red Sub case....Saabin is a modder par excellence, as those of us who remember his 1665 know all too well.

• 3 weeks later...
Wow, the advantages of having your own autoparts works/machining business :showoff:;)

I mean, that case is just jaw dropping, truly amazing work, almost makes me sick with envy looking at it :o

Like Klingsor, I have also been working on my own little 6542 project (been dormant for a while - nowhere near yours yet) using an old Bond Sub case with coin edge bezel as a starting point, but having difficulty finding someone to adapt the case like yours :whistling: All other bits accounted for, crown/tube, crystal, DW (needs ageing a little), movt etc. Have the MY bakelite insert and also a 'special' dial on the way...

Some early pics...comments/advice on how to mod the case, most welcome

i'm glad you found the dial ... i can only suggest to try to find a 1036 rolex cal. (eheheheh)...the case is fine

my project is still sleeping ....but looking these pics i've decided it will be the next to be completed....first new step to buy a home CNC machine....

• 3 months later...