When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Weekend Wrist Check

By-Tor

it's the weekend so as much as i've loved the HBB cer+rg this week.. no way in hell i'm about to put my life on the line wearing that attention magnet on my arm this weekend.. NYC subways.. streets.. oh no.. this is a no-no

so I'm goin back to "ole reliable", UPO on black calf deployant with orange stitching to highlight the dial numerals ^^ Sweet!

293915-3457.jpg

293915-3458.jpg

you know it!

you love it!

you want it, RIGHT NOW :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Never seen Rebel without a Cause, so can't really compare them... I didn't dislike Breakfast Club, it just didn't appeal to me as much as other Hughes movies, or indeed the movie Hughes should have directed, Weekend at Bernies...

Andrew McCarthy man...yum! My childhood dreamboat. ;)

:omg: Don't do things like that, you totally got my hopes up :nono:

Now it shall be condemned to a life of collecting dust with my Rolexes :D

Yeah, but, TeeJay, remember I'm a tease.

Andrew McCarthy man...yum! My childhood dreamboat. ;)

Credit where credit's due :D

Yeah, but, TeeJay, remember I'm a tease.

Thusly noted for future reference :thumbsupsmileyanim:

I'm still half tempted to put it on to wear later, but every time I do, it just comes right back off again... Oh well, it adds diversity to my collection :D

TBC is the single-best teen movie EVER. And much more relevant than that stupid Rebel Without a Cause.

TBC was good, back then, if you were of that age. Today, it stands up as an old movie about a different generation you don't understand.

Oh, and it has that most detestable of stereotypes - the fake alternative girl that gets a makeover. good god, what saccharine are they serving in Hollywood that makes all film makers want to use fake goths or fake punks that wannabe secretly normal? And on top of that, you just know everything will go back to normal on Monday.

And another thing, why do teenagers in John Hughes movies all have classic cars? Even the poor ones. If you're Molly Ringworm from the wrong side of the tracks, you get a cool classic VW. Damned rich poor kids...

And yet another thing ... when next watching a John Hughes movie, look for the kid in the hat. There's always one. It's as if he wanted kids to start wearing hats. :whistling:

ps. But yeah, I love John Hughes movies too. Save Ferris.

TBC was good, back then, if you were of that age. Today, it stands up as an old movie about a different generation you don't understand.

I disagree! :)

I believe in the universality of human angst, and particularly the self-involved pity party thrown by every teen for themselves. And I think Hughes captured that brilliantly. His teen flicks were the first that didn't talk down to adolescents, or glorify them as RWAC did, with that cutesy twink, James Dean.

Oh, and it has that most detestable of stereotypes - the fake alternative girl that gets a makeover.

Yes, Sheedy was a fakey goth chick, but let me tell you something. How many grown up goth chicks do you know now? Not too many, unless you are part of the biker world or hang around metal tour groupies. Most goth chicks really do just want to be pretty, and have nice appearances, but their teenage cynicism is too strong, or their undeveloped personalities too weak to do so.

good god, what saccharine are they serving in Hollywood that makes all film makers want to use fake goths or fake punks that wannabe secretly normal? And on top of that, you just know everything will go back to normal on Monday.

Remember that they talked about that in TBC! "What will happen on Monday, will we ignore each other same as before?", asked Anthony Michael Hall. That I found refreshing, and something that would've happened in real life. It wasn't no sitcom where all woes are solved in 24 minutes flat. ;)

And another thing, why do teenagers in John Hughes movies all have classic cars? Even the poor ones. If you're Molly Ringworm from the wrong side of the tracks, you get a cool classic VW. Damned rich poor kids...

Now that I have no answer for! Didn't Molly drive a pink Karman ghia? What is vintage now could perhaps have just been clunky back then, rather like driving a Ford Pinto in 1985...not that anyone should have driven a Ford Pinto EVER.

(shiver) :harp:

And yet another thing ... when next watching a John Hughes movie, look for the kid in the hat. There's always one. It's as if he wanted kids to start wearing hats. :whistling:

Notice that Judd Nelson wore a Bund strap on his rather nice aviator watch during TBC. Seiko, I wonder?

ps. But yeah, I love John Hughes movies too. Save Ferris.

Oh, Pugwash. You sounded like Dirty Harry just then.

For sunday, I continued to try to wear some less worned ones...

I started with Fitmic's SS Ingy (hey Fitmic, it's was a great deal...thanks)

294400-3223.jpg

As I like the Ingy very much, I thouhgt "you should wear one you never do wear actualy"

So I got this one on:

294400-3224.jpg

But, this evening, sorry, I couldn't resist to go back to my two favourites.

MM's Great white and Edge Red 1680 (one on each wrist, am I pervert?)

294400-3225.jpg

294400-3226.jpg

Cheers

Stephane

Now that I have no answer for! Didn't Molly drive a pink Karman ghia? What is vintage now could perhaps have just been clunky back then, rather like driving a Ford Pinto in 1985...not that anyone should have driven a Ford Pinto EVER.

Yes, she did. The Karmann Ghia was a classic, even then. They stopped making them 12 years before PiP and that's long enough for them to have become collector's items.

Well sorry about the late entry but been away all weekend in bavaria, had a great time with my PO, survived 2000kms on a harley in the rain on the way there and extreem heat and beer all weekend, The first shot is from the top of Neblehorn at 2229m the second it in a pub.

post-1258-1186484857_thumb.jpg

post-1258-1186484922_thumb.jpg