When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

177H arriving soon; which strap/buckle best matches?

erwinner

The 177H arrived safe and sound today... As it came without a strap I used the BOB Olive Brown vertigo from the PAM090 in order to be able to wear it. It gives the watch a 'military' look. What do you think?

300703-2529.jpg

I'll spend the weekend to make up my mind for better matching straps that better fit with a suit and will keep u posted.

Thanks all for you input and kind help...

By the way; is the small second hand on a 177H originally also white?

What about a leather NATO STRAP?

300771-2478.jpg

I was going to make a leather nato the other day but thought it would be too thick and lift the watch to far from the wrist with the double layer of leather under the case back like that, how does it wear?

The NATO strap is a prototype one. I have a friend who is a professional on leather crafts and I give to hiim ideas and he make them real. The watch rest a little high over the wrist but I have used it and works. Anyway we are improving it well using only one strap piece under the case or using in this part a thinner leather strap. I will let you know the improvements done.

But beleive me this NATO strap is a beater wherever you go!

Edited by pbe2410

Finally made-up my mind... after reading Victoria's first strap-cap review on the Fiero I got excited. Was a bit worried about the price though and ran into a special today on timeconnection... Everybody rush in if you like it as much as Victoria and I did and get yours today for only 94 USD!

http://timeconnection.biz/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?

304296-75.jpg

Edited by erwinner

• 3 weeks later...

I really like the looks of some of these medium brown straps on the Titanium watches...esp the Greg Stevens strap and the lighter Toscana one listed earlier...

BUT am I the only one that thinks that the 177h would look killer on a black Carbon Fiber strap? I do not yet have a tianium model watch though a 177h will be my next purchase and I plan on putting it on the carbon strap that came on my 212 and then if I like it finding a better carbon strap to be placed on there for good.

So...anyone have pictures of a 177 or other ti watch on carbon fiber?

I really like the looks of some of these medium brown straps on the Titanium watches...esp the Greg Stevens strap and the lighter Toscana one listed earlier...

BUT am I the only one that thinks that the 177h would look killer on a black Carbon Fiber strap? I do not yet have a tianium model watch though a 177h will be my next purchase and I plan on putting it on the carbon strap that came on my 212 and then if I like it finding a better carbon strap to be placed on there for good.

So...anyone have pictures of a 177 or other ti watch on carbon fiber?

ZainoDetail, if you give me one day, I will add my PAM 177h/Carbon strap shots to the ones no doubt coughed up soon, by other members. I'm expecting a Toscana one (like Stephane's!) any moment. :)

@Erwinner: Fiero/177 UPDATES??? Puhleazzze. ;)

• 1 month later...
(I swear I just replied to this somewhere? :lol: )

This is my 177H on strapculture legend strap. Historic Brown #1 w/ Match Stitch

Strap is found here-

http://strapculture.com/legendmp/sclg-m851.html

pics-

299674-3172.jpg

I'll see you and raise you

DSC_4492.JPG

I know, I know.... way to late to post the pic's of my 177H on Fiero strap, but hope you still appreciate it... at least I do, so thank you all for your kind help with most gratitude to miss. VBarret aka Madamoiselle Strap. After reading her strap capers and a reference to a one-day 50% off offer at www.timeconnection.biz I am now the proud owner of a 177H on fiero.... Who follows?

PAM177H_FIERO_005.jpg

PAM177H_FIERO_008.jpg

PAM177H_FIERO_009.jpg

PAM177H_FIERO_006.jpg

and of course some of the obligatory wrist shots (hey, it even looks great on my small wrists ;-)

PAM177H_FIERO_004.jpg

PAM177H_FIERO_003.jpg

PAM177H_FIERO_002.jpg

PAM177H_FIERO_001.jpg

I know, I know.... way to late to post the pic's of my 177H on Fiero strap, but hope you still appreciate it... at least I do, so thank you all for your kind help with most gratitude to miss. VBarret aka Madamoiselle Strap. After reading her strap capers and a reference to a one-day 50% off offer at www.timeconnection.biz I am now the proud owner of a 177H on fiero.... Who follows?

Yay! I was sure you had bought it, though sad you stopped posting regularly soon after. Thought you were angry, Erwinner. :(

PAM177H_FIERO_005.jpg

LOOK AT THAT PATINA!

Wow, you must wear yours every day. :)

It looks like a Havana cigar rolled on the thighs of Dutch maidens.

BTW, above you see someone asking where are my carbon strap shots on the 177. I posted them, referencing you here:

http://www.rwg.cc/members/index.php?showto...mp;#entry342562

And here they are!

pam177toscanasienacarbofw7.jpg

carbonsidebb5.jpg

carbonpam177over1cj9.jpg

longtailcarbonur6.jpg

It's usually $109, but it can be bought sometimes for half that. :)

Yay! I was sure you had bought it, though sad you stopped posting regularly soon after. Thought you were angry, Erwinner. :(

LOOK AT THAT PATINA!

Wow, you must wear yours every day. :)

It looks like a Havana cigar rolled on the thighs of Dutch maidens.

Thanks Madamoiselle!

Nop, nobody angry... just got some feedback from the home-front about spending too much time behind the screen and too little with the family B)

And as you allready noticed, spending time with the family pays off to get some decent 'wear' in the Fiero strap... In weekends this is indeed the favority combination with a pair of jeans and a shirt. Unbeatable!

One thing I noticed on the Fiero after wearing it for a month or so is the fact that the upper and bottem piece of leater is of different fabric. The upperside is the smooth tanned leather which fades in colour when bent and which gets the usual signes of wear at the sides from the buckle. The bottom side is thicker, less flexible and has no signs of wear from the buckle. No complaints from my side as the combination of both kinds of leather make up for an excellent thick strap which makes a statement everytime I wear the 177H.

sides_177H_Fiero.jpg

Edited by erwinner

• 3 months later...