When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Tribalized Rolex MBW 1680

lazarini

Hello dear RWG members.

Manny of you remeber the MBW 1680 i recived as a birthday gift, if not the topic can be seen here :) : http://www.rwg.cc/members/index.php?showtopic=40261

Watch was purchased from felow member "manuel" and came with preinstaled genuine tropic 127 hen i recived it .

So what then ... inspired by the posts of moded watches i approached Stephane with questions who can mod it for me without sending the watch outside the EU ... as this watch has a specialplace in my hart due to how i recived it i did not want to risk customs problems and loosing it ...

Stephane gave me a couple of names and his feedback so the PMs were sent ...

Tribal responded and soon enough we exchanged a bunch of mails resulting me sending the watch to him . Just as a note here i had no idea what has to be done ... the price scale ... and time to make the work. All my questions were answered to smallest details and we agreed on 2 sesion job .

Session 1 : The Metal work

Session 2 : The Visual work

That way i coud also save up money bettwen the modds to be able to fund this adventure ... dates were set first part begining august , second part mid september ...

After the watch was already recived and the work started , i rethinked my strategy and decided tu pull the funds towards completion on the first date.

I must admit i thought it will be not possible as we just moved to new appartment and had some other expences that came unpredicted and at wrong time ... but we all know that if u really want something u can make it happen ... i had to say no to a few things in order to get this done but boy was it worth it !

During the whole process i recived not one but several updates from Tribal how he is progressing with the work ... and i dont mean ( hi i installed the crown kinda updates ) but pictorials of the work done so i coud literary se this baby transform on a week to week basics while it was worked on .

This kinda "customer service" u wont get anywere im sure of :)

Jada jada jada ... i hear a few of u moaning already ... oka ill stop and let the pics talk :)

Tribalization Menu a la card :

CG's reshaped in and outside

Installed Gen Tube and crown

Drilled Lugholes

Reshaped satin and polished the case.

Relumed the Dial

installed Gen Insert

fitted Gen Sprinbars

Installed Gen.Endlinks 501B

Once again i wanna thank my lovely GF , Manuel , Stephane and for most Tribal for reciving this watch and seeing it transform to what it is now ...

.... a piece of heaven to me :wub:

302575-1497.jpg

302575-1498.jpg

302575-1499.jpg

302575-1500.jpg

302575-1501.jpg

302575-1502.jpg

302575-1503.jpg

302575-1504.jpg

302575-1505.jpg

Hi Laz,

I am very very happy to see you SO hAppy! (Happy should be pronounced as hYppo)

We should all thank you so much for the enthusiasm and for the energy you spend in posting your experiences, whether bad or great (including with me).

So, I do thank you, sincerely.

I have nothing bad to say about modding reps except: make sure your beloved GF gets gifts, love, time and some food :lol:

Yes, and some sex too, as we, men, are not the only ones liking that :brow:

I mean what I say here: you are one of the "best" person I met on RWG.

If I have contributed, just a little bit, to your Rolex addiction, I'm honoured to have done so.

Nice to know you Laz,

Warm regards,

Stephane

Very nice. Wear it well Laz.

Of course Tribals work looks great. I seem to remember saying that more than once.

Tribal you are doing somehthing different it seems. The area inside the crown looks to be drilled deeper. I did mine with a file to get the crown closer to the case, but your looks cleaner. Am I seeing things or did you drill the inside drown guards to set the crown closer to the case?

Hi All

thx for ure comments and warm replyes ...

@ freddy333 this baby is mine :) u misread the thread a bit but no harm done :)

I wanna add a comment that i think Stephane wrote already in his 16610 mbw pictorial . People ask me "is it worth it" is the watch really so different ... i mean its hard to comment on this as it really depends of person in question , dont get me wrong the work that Tribal did is supreme and to me watch came back as completely somethin else then before but somone woud be quick to say that the watch aint so different after all .

My answer is this : If u love the sub for what it is and ure stickler for perfectionism and wanna push the limits to get ure watch looking more autentic GO FOR IT ! If u have the extra cash rollin in ure pocket and can afford it u will be happy ...

If not , then think about it a bit more in order not to regret the investment latter , but even if ull do u will not have hard time to resell ure piece , as this kinda watches are always on demand by true rolex vintage fan-boys :)

thx again to all , kind regards Laz

Very nice. Wear it well Laz.

Of course Tribals work looks great. I seem to remember saying that more than once.

Tribal you are doing somehthing different it seems. The area inside the crown looks to be drilled deeper. I did mine with a file to get the crown closer to the case, but your looks cleaner. Am I seeing things or did you drill the inside drown guards to set the crown closer to the case?

You are right i dril a countersink on the tubehole,so the Tube sits flush on the case, looks much better ;)

Hi All

thx for ure comments and warm replyes ...

@ freddy333 this baby is mine :) u misread the thread a bit but no harm done :)

I wanna add a comment that i think Stephane wrote already in his 16610 mbw pictorial . People ask me "is it worth it" is the watch really so different ... i mean its hard to comment on this as it really depends of person in question , dont get me wrong the work that Tribal did is supreme and to me watch came back as completely somethin else then before but somone woud be quick to say that the watch aint so different after all .

My answer is this : If u love the sub for what it is and ure stickler for perfectionism and wanna push the limits to get ure watch looking more autentic GO FOR IT ! If u have the extra cash rollin in ure pocket and can afford it u will be happy ...

If not , then think about it a bit more in order not to regret the investment latter , but even if ull do u will not have hard time to resell ure piece , as this kinda watches are always on demand by true rolex vintage fan-boys :)

thx again to all , kind regards Laz

Or you learn something,take an old case experiment with it and make the Mods by yourself....

That's the way i've done it. ;)

So you have only costs for some gen Parts... :p

hey Laz, thats beautiful, very very nice watch yours!

I have to get myself another watch like this,

did you putted genuine twinlock crown?

Please note I am referring to twin lock not trip lock....

Also did u changed datewheel?

Congratulations!

Nice work yours tribal.