When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Which is the better Sub? Silix or Trusty?

The Mentalist

I'm looking to buy a Sub from Jay at Silix but have noticed that his watches, Omegas and Rolex in particular, have that HORRIBLE stuck-on non recessed pearl. I already cancelled a PO order because of that POS pearl. I'm looking to buy his ROLS003.

That aside, how does his Submariner compare to Andrew's in terms of features (engraved endlinks, bezels, reliability etc)? I haven't been able to find a side by side comparison on here.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Well I'll help you.

It reminds me of the time I needed some information from my daughters school. The clerk sent me a letter saying I need to file a form, prove this prove that etc.

So I just said I had 4th stage Cancer and had no time.

She helped the dying man right away!

So if you really want something. Try lying. It's not against the law and you get what you want ASAP.

PM sent on where you can find YOUR perfect Sub.

Made the way YOU want.

Well I'll help you.

It reminds me of the time I needed some information from my daughters school. The clerk sent me a letter saying I need to file a form, prove this prove that etc.

So I just said I had 4th stage Cancer and had no time.

She helped the dying man right away!

So if you really want something. Try lying. It's not against the law and you get what you want ASAP.

PM sent on where you can find YOUR perfect Sub.

Made the way YOU want.

George, you're a gent, sir.

I've acted upon your advice ;-)

They sell basicasly the same stuff when i comes to subs except silix does not has the soposedly perfect ultimate whatever models. I think the question is who to deal with, as we say here first chose your supplier and then your watch. Time spent researching is never wasted. I could point out a few instances but will let you find them your self.

If it's in your interest, it's probably best to start a simple project watch. Find a "perfect sub" case from Josh, or MBW. Then swap in a movement with a dial from a "newbmariner" (Silix, Andrew, etc.) and a bracelet of the same. Simple operations, honestly, and I think you'll wind up appreciating it more. :)