When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Luxury SS Watches from Patek Philippe, Audemars Piguet, Vacheron Constantin

thomasng

Guest Sql_pl

Haha nice shot admin!

I kinda like this theme, maybe we can all take such pics - we can always find out something about how other curencies look like this way :)

Here's my try:

46303-37037.jpg

46303-37038.jpg

Cheers!

@Sgl_pl

LOL! Love that shot too..... I had a buildup of cash at home over the past few months and thought, what the heck, why not use it as a background?

And thanks to the rest of people for the photography advice. Next shots will be better. :)

Anyone wanna guess how Canadian cash is in that pile? ;)

Guest Sql_pl

Nice one cwai02!

But I am afraid that Speedy is too classy to match it with dollars and knife :) :)

A blinged out rollie would be more gangsta :) :)

the rest of us use these things called banks. they're really quite amazing.

I know, isn't it great when they deduct $50 a month from your account and nickel and dime you on everything else still, despite you having a 6 digit bank account balance with them, and all they pay you is $5 a month? (I have a TD Waterhouse Private Banking account) :whistling:

It's good to be in US.

I have less than $2000 in my 4 checking accounts and they don't charge me a dime.

I put all my money in HSBC online savings. They had 5% interest rate last month, and currently 4.5%.

When I need to pay bill, i just go online and transfer money from savings to checking.

46333-37031.gif

What also sucks about Canadian banks is that you're only covered up to $100,000 if the bank falls, and you're out the rest. The banks that pay high interest are quite risky, as many are newcomers in the Canadian market, while Term Deposits pay pathetic rates. I'm being paid 0% on Chequing balances, and 0.01 on Savings balances. Canadian banks also don't allow you to withdraw much cash at once, all they'll give you is $2000 without 48 hours notice, which makes things difficult.

What also sucks about Canadian banks is that you're only covered up to $100,000 if the bank falls, and you're out the rest. The banks that pay high interest are quite risky, as many are newcomers in the Canadian market, while Term Deposits pay pathetic rates. I'm being paid 0% on Chequing balances, and 0.01 on Savings balances. Canadian banks also don't allow you to withdraw much cash at once, all they'll give you is $2000 without 48 hours notice, which makes things difficult.

lol you should seriously consider investing in foreign assets, right now I'm getting 7.40% in my savings account.

lol you should seriously consider investing in foreign assets, right now I'm getting 7.40% in my savings account.

But then you open yourself up to foreign exchange movements (always the chance they could move in your favour - but it's a risky business, which defeats a lot of the point of banking the money).