When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Read a true story about JOE and tell all your friends !

namor

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Aah, well now you sound a little different. Seems like we can talk now...

Did you read the whole thread Joe ? If so, where did you see that I want ANYTHING back ?

Where did you read that I complained about your 600,-$ bill ?

Nowhere.

I never wrote something like that.

We talked about the price and it was ok - what was delivered was NOT ok. Simple as that.

It's not the point whether there are new versions or not. I didn't ever mention something like that, meanwhile I own other watches including other Subs as well.

Don't turn the topic elsewhere. It's all about paying a large bill and receiving bad work. There was so much wrong with that watch - you had to be really blind to send it to me.

I also didn't want to have a watch like the real thing - quit this newbie-fault talking.

My facts are clear: it was NOT the case that I complaint about the price or that my expectations weren't met.

It's about paying a large sum and receiving crappy work.

Guest HeWhoIsLikeGod

This whole thread is [censored]! Namor, if you had a problem you should have sent the watch back or kept it and bit the bullet. You wanted palp to fix it? At RBJ's cost? Your unbelievable. YOU BOUGHT A REPLICA! Your damn replica doesn't come with a warranty and may not be the best quality, oh well, what do you expect for a replica. RBJ operates in the amazing country called the United States of America, we are a capitalist society, he can charge whatever prices he chooses and you can choose whether or not you are willing to pay that much. I don't have my watches modded because it is overpriced, that is just how I feel. I CHOOSE not to have them modded. You thought if you spent $600 dollars on a replica it would be perfect, not the case dude. If you wanted guranteed waterproof, warranty, no customs worries, 100% accuracy buy the genuine you retard! You are pathetic and have no right posting this thread. I aggree your watch is shitty, but you took a gamble and lost MOVE ON, GET OVER IT! Take your shitty watch and shove it, next time don't be so stupid!

This whole thread is [censored]! Namor, if you had a problem you should have sent the watch back or kept it and bit the bullet. You wanted palp to fix it? At RBJ's cost? Your unbelievable. YOU BOUGHT A REPLICA! Your damn replica doesn't come with a warranty and may not be the best quality, oh well, what do you expect for a replica. RBJ operates in the amazing country called the United States of America, we are a capitalist society, he can charge whatever prices he chooses and you can choose whether or not you are willing to pay that much. I don't have my watches modded because it is overpriced, that is just how I feel. I CHOOSE not to have them modded. You thought if you spent $600 dollars on a replica it would be perfect, not the case dude. If you wanted guranteed waterproof, warranty, no customs worries, 100% accuracy buy the genuine you retard! You are pathetic and have no right posting this thread. I aggree your watch is shitty, but you took a gamble and lost MOVE ON, GET OVER IT! Take your shitty watch and shove it, next time don't be so stupid!

What kind of stuff did you take ? What's wrong with you ? All of that BS you wrote is answered way ago - additionally I never chose such a language as you did. So simply do NOT read this thread.

It' really not necessary to pull the niveau down here like you do.

I'm sorry man but that's just uncalled for imo...

I'm sorry man but that's just uncalled for imo...

Agree with you 100% fitchy! Let's please be civil and respectable to one another. We may not agree with one another, but everyone has the right to post his/her opinion, and receive a respectful reply in turn.

thanks for summing that up but it is harsh a bit, because the watch is not bad he just made it look bad , it actaully is one of the better kings version, just plain and simple buyers remorse cause of the new improved stuff out now thats all, kings is still one of the better ones other than the rehaut and caseback thickness, it is still one of the good ones imho, but again i did my part even though he doesnt think so , what else could i have done, i told the guy to send it back and lets fix his problems but u wanted to do it your way cause u thought u paid too much and some others were cheaper which in fact was not the case(i asked for what palp quoted u and the list u sent it and told u the difference and then u say something about the braclet, i reply to send u another one and u send me that one back, then u wait around 10 days and reply with the cyclops being crooked issue which i said send it back and i would fix it and i explained about that , then u wait again for a longer period and come back with the scratch underneath the bezel , i tell u to send it back and we will redo it all but i knew u were just putting it under a microscope and i still bent over backwards to please u ) if u critiqued a genuine this bad rolex would stop making watches , lmao , but anyway all i could have done is what u asked of me and i did it and u still repay me with smoke screens while im ill, thanks alot , u must feel good about yourself

@Namor.

You have a much too "holier than thou" attitude. you have to share some blame in this. you chose to have a watch sent from king to Joe for you, and then expect Joe to know exactly what to do, what you would do? while I agree those seem to be glaring flaws in the watch...it was your choice to take a short cut, so you need to accept partial blame for that.

And this whole anger thing towards Joe seems a little misplaced to me. This is not the first time Joe has had this problem. If I remember correct, about this time last year he was laid up with this allergies/asthma problem for a several weeks…so I doubt seriously he is faking it.

I reread your post, I didn’t see anywhere if Palp fixed the scratch and bracelet as Joe said he asked him to do….did palp do these repairs?

I am unsure of this bad blood thing between Zig and Joe, dont know what it is over, who is right or wrong, or who started it. frankly I dont care. I have not dealt with either, but I plan to send some business to zig for re-luming and service. And I plan to eventually have Joe mod a WM/MBW DRSD for me (dont have the $$ now). they both have such great reps that I am confident I will be happy with their work. Knowing I am impatient, I will wait for Joe to get better before I send him anything though.....(thats known as "managing expectations")

Again, you're trying to pull the topic in a direction I never wrote about.

I do not want ANYTHING back from you, I didn't complain about the price or anything like that you just try to turn the whole thing into another light.

This whole Thread is just about my experience with you. If you are so professional like you always tell you have to accept this.

...if u critiqued a genuine this bad rolex would stop making watches , lmao...

Ok, this I better do NOT comment.

@Namor.

You have a much too "holier than thou" attitude. you have to share some blame in this. you chose to have a watch sent from king to Joe for you, and then expect Joe to know exactly what to do, what you would do? while I agree those seem to be glaring flaws in the watch...it was your choice to take a short cut, so you need to accept partial blame for that.

I didn't chose a short-cut Nebakanezzar, this was a regular option Joe offered. I never said Joe crooked the cyclops (just to take an example) - it sure was crooked including the bad bracelet.

Only thing that would make sense in this case is to exchange that bad watch with king and write me a little mail that the whole watch will be delayed 2-3 weeks cause king delivered a less nice watch with serious issues.

That easy. It was wrong to start a whole modding package on such a watch.

But that is not the problem of the customer ! If I get a watch from a dealer and the send it to Joe he is not responsible for any existing issues with that watch.

But if he regularly offers in his pricelist to get the watch for you and mod it directly and THEN send it out to you he IS responsible for that. He even charged 20,- USD more than kings regular price.

He explained me this additional fee and that was ok for me. I prevented trouble to have the watch firstly sent to me, than to Joe and then back to me.

I have no idea who you think you are that you have the right to tell anyone here where they may and may not post. Right now, your ridiculously arrogant forum name couldn't be any further from correct.

Go take a walk and get some air.

wouldn't it be better to try and get a response from Joe before this thread goes on and on? I assume he would like to tell his side of the story..

Good Lord! Have you actually read the posts on this thread? :huh: Most of us have tried to get a response from Joe, by E-mail and by phone, and we have all been unsuccessful. :angry: Except for the divergences into whether Joe does good mod work or whether mod work is worth doing, that's what this thread is about. If Joe wanted to respond he would already have done so. P only wonder if there isn't someone who knows Joe personally and could give us a more informed idea of what is going on? :huh:

Good Lord! Have you actually read the posts on this thread? :huh: Most of us have tried to get a response from Joe, by E-mail and by phone, and we have all been unsuccessful. :angry: Except for the divergences into whether Joe does good mod work or whether mod work is worth doing, that's what this thread is about. If Joe wanted to respond he would already have done so. P only wonder if there isn't someone who knows Joe personally and could give us a more informed idea of what is going on? :huh:

Ehm, he already posted here...

:)

Ehm, he already posted here...

:)

Yes, you're right. I hadn't reached that point when I wrote my post. I do wish Joe had said more about the communication problem and the delay in returning watches, but I'm glad that he's functioning and will try to be patient. :rolleyes:

Edited by warburg

20 members reading... wow.

I just want to not sometimes cyclops come incorrect from the factory. I just bought a MBW, not cheap, arguably the best rep for a sub, and the cyclops and laser etching were not properly alligned. Sent it to joe to fix, each is a _seperate_ service from him.

I think in this case both were not purchased?

I noticed The Zigmeister has been typing for quite a while now. Prepare to duck guys , sparks will be flying all all over the place:P

I will do my best to translate whatever comes out in French for the non-Canucks. Of course, if it's really bad, I'll just hide...

:black_eye:

Ok, I wanted to keep quiet because I do not like trouble at home (RWG) but I read my name and I just wanted to say what i know.

I will try to post what happened back then, just a neutral description…

Namor sent me a pm when he received a modded watch from joe which he was not satisfied with and he wrote me that he also is upset that he paid that amount for what he got then.

He also wrote to me that joe did not want to make it good or compensate him for the problems with the watch (which surprised me and I contacted joe).

He wrote that joe said he had to return the watch first and he did not like that what I can understand because it’s a risky game sending reps from here to US or outside EU, I lost 2 watches so far too. Anyway, I think that namor did not like the feeling that joe doubted the truth of his complaints.

Therefore I talked to joe that I can handle that and I will fix his issues. No problem, we are not machines, [censored] happens and we all make mistakes, I know what I talk about because that did happen to me too. Joe said that that would be ok, I should check the watch if the problems are like namor described and if so, fix them.

So I received the watch, and the problems indeed existed (like on the pics namor posted here) I still have the bracelet and the crystal lying here in my watchbox, but that’s another story.

Joe wanted to know what he owes me for fixing that. I said, he should send me 40$ to compensate my time and some beers and I am fine. Then I fixed the scratch, installed a new crystal with correct positioned cyclops and a new bracelet.

The parts came from a brand new LV I bought for myself some days before and which was lying on my desk. So I used the crystal and bracelet from this watch to install these on namors watch. It was intended that I will get a replacement crystal and bracelet from joe. He said that I should send back the damaged bracelet + the crystal first and then he will send me new ones in exchange for my (now mutilated) personal LV.

But after some days, I said to myself, what the heck and I did not send the bracelet and crystal, paying postage, dealing with customs risks etc because I thought it will equal/compensate sometime in the future when I need something from him or so…

the day came and I needed something (some things fixed on a watch for a member in US who was not satisfied, so I screwed up to :wounded1: ) and I thought, I ask joe if he can handle that.

And that’s the part of this whole case as far as I am involved that I honestly am not so pleased with and also the reason why I remember the details of this, because it hits me these days. Joe did fix the watch, but i also have to pay 150$ for the fixes which he wants to have now and which is quite a problem for me at the moment, I am currently very broke because of the fact that I had to take 2,5 months of unpaid leave. I thought I did not have to pay that much because I did not demand a new bracelet and crystal as compensation for the damaged ones, but hey, I am not a guy who begins a discussion about such money things (there are far more important things in life, right? :mellow: )

That’s what I remember of this case…

now i am off to bed...have a good night

Sent it to joe to fix, each is a _seperate_ service from him.

I think in this case both were not purchased?

Possibly Craytonic - but he didn't ask me about that !

If he just sent me a short mail - I would have paid him for that too.

But he never mentioned any issues and I received the watch like you saw on first page of my Thread.

Possibly Craytonic - but he didn't ask me about that !

If he just sent me a short mail - I would have paid him for that too.

But he never mentioned any issues and I received the watch like you saw on first page of my Thread.

there u go again not telling the whole truth i did in fact tell that in my works package the cyclops being removed and re glued is not included that is extra which u can clearly read in my price list, so please be factual , also please advise did i take care of your issues? did i pay palp to fix your problems with the watch? did we not go through all things being done thoroughly and when u got price from palp did we not show what the difference was?

Ok, I wanted to keep quiet because I do not like trouble at home (RWG) but I read my name and I just wanted to say what i know.

I will try to post what happened back then, just a neutral description…

Namor sent me a pm when he received a modded watch from joe which he was not satisfied with and he wrote me that he also is upset that he paid that amount for what he got then.

He also wrote to me that joe did not want to make it good or compensate him for the problems with the watch (which surprised me and I contacted joe).

He wrote that joe said he had to return the watch first and he did not like that what I can understand because it’s a risky game sending reps from here to US or outside EU, I lost 2 watches so far too. Anyway, I think that namor did not like the feeling that joe doubted the truth of his complaints.

Therefore I talked to joe that I can handle that and I will fix his issues. No problem, we are not machines, [censored] happens and we all make mistakes, I know what I talk about because that did happen to me too. Joe said that that would be ok, I should check the watch if the problems are like namor described and if so, fix them.

So I received the watch, and the problems indeed existed (like on the pics namor posted here) I still have the bracelet and the crystal lying here in my watchbox, but that’s another story.

Joe wanted to know what he owes me for fixing that. I said, he should send me 40$ to compensate my time and some beers and I am fine. Then I fixed the scratch, installed a new crystal with correct positioned cyclops and a new bracelet.

The parts came from a brand new LV I bought for myself some days before and which was lying on my desk. So I used the crystal and bracelet from this watch to install these on namors watch. It was intended that I will get a replacement crystal and bracelet from joe. He said that I should send back the damaged bracelet + the crystal first and then he will send me new ones in exchange for my (now mutilated) personal LV.

But after some days, I said to myself, what the heck and I did not send the bracelet and crystal, paying postage, dealing with customs risks etc because I thought it will equal/compensate sometime in the future when I need something from him or so…

the day came and I needed something (some things fixed on a watch for a member in US who was not satisfied, so I screwed up to :wounded1: ) and I thought, I ask joe if he can handle that.

And that’s the part of this whole case as far as I am involved that I honestly am not so pleased with and also the reason why I remember the details of this, because it hits me these days. Joe did fix the watch, but i also have to pay 150$ for the fixes which he wants to have now and which is quite a problem for me at the moment, I am currently very broke because of the fact that I had to take 2,5 months of unpaid leave. I thought I did not have to pay that much because I did not demand a new bracelet and crystal as compensation for the damaged ones, but hey, I am not a guy who begins a discussion about such money things (there are far more important things in life, right? :mellow: )

That’s what I remember of this case…

now i am off to bed...have a good night

palpatine thanks for telling the truth but u told me dont worry about the bracelet i was going to send u not my fault , as for the price u quoted me it is different u only had to buff a small scratch and change a cylcops i even gave u extra 10 bucks, but on yours i basicall had to do the whole watch over from top to bottom , i still have the emails , the guys was unhappy about more things than a small scratch, u told him u put a oem bezel insert in that was not and u even said u may have overlooked it which i thougt was odd, that was the big price, and not to mention all the other stuff , so not to fight with u but tell the whole truth i gave u a hell of a deal actually new insert and basicall a full modd job for 150 bucks is less than half price my friend

also this was a while back so i asked now cause i have spent lost of health money and u finally came back to the forum but if u r having financial problems just wait till u get back on your feet im not really worry about it