When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

A base with no name

This project has been in progress for at least 4 months. The case and dial are from Jimmyzfu. Very nice, good quality and lum is good. I had to install the crystal in the bezel and caseback. The movement and hands are from davidsen, again very nice and is keeping perfect time, notice there are no recessed pin problems. The CG is from a 112 rep base and the crown is from the last RWG purchase (I forget who I got it from but it was the last crown ad here), not bad and fit jimmy's case tube perfect. Also, thanks to The Zigmeister for help trimming down the longer seconds hand pin. There is something about putting a watch together that emotionally connects you to it. also, I like that there is no name anywhere on the watch or movement.

46148-37089.jpg

46148-37090.jpg

46148-37091.jpg

46148-37092.jpg

Guest avitt

Very nice job.

Did you have to use the Jimmy Fu bezel and crystal with the JF case? I found that the JF case has a much nicer finish than the standard rep cases. Also, his crystal is slight larger than the one that came with my 001 rep (3.5mm thick vs. 2.8mm, and slightly larger diameter). I had to go with the full JF treatment: case, crystal, bezel, and crown guard.

Very nice job.

Did you have to use the Jimmy Fu bezel and crystal with the JF case? I found that the JF case has a much nicer finish than the standard rep cases. Also, his crystal is slight larger than the one that came with my 001 rep (3.5mm thick vs. 2.8mm, and slightly larger diameter). I had to go with the full JF treatment: case, crystal, bezel, and crown guard.

Yes, the bezel and crytal are also JFs. I totally agree, a better finish and larger crystal than a typical rep. What does yours look like? can you post a pic?

Guest avitt
Yes, the bezel and crytal are also JFs. I totally agree, a better finish and larger crystal than a typical rep. What does yours look like? can you post a pic?

I'm still waiting on the finishing touches (pinion fix, and relume). But I'll post it up as soon as I can....along with the funny story about why I ended up changing almost every component of the watch...

Im working on my custom 127 fiddy. The only problem I've come across is the back case in 47mm with NO PANERAI writing. I want a blank back case in 47mm. Saphire glass for the back would be great too. I found a watchmaker that will buff out the Panerai writing off the back and polish the entire case (no brushed) for $60. Might have to go that route if I cna't find a back blank case for 47mm. The only snag in my project so far

nice watch! congrats!

fun to see i have nearly a same "no name" project.

dial(relumed and aged by The Zigmeister), golden hands, clear caseback from jimmyzfu.

44mm case from river.(from a 005 i bought last year)

6497/1 with cotes de geneve finish.

all of the bits are now at my watchsmith: waiting for eta spare parts...

(this is a no second dial and the movement is a small second at nine one).

Edited by flyback

Im working on my custom 127 fiddy. The only problem I've come across is the back case in 47mm with NO PANERAI writing. I want a blank back case in 47mm. Saphire glass for the back would be great too. I found a watchmaker that will buff out the Panerai writing off the back and polish the entire case (no brushed) for $60. Might have to go that route if I cna't find a back blank case for 47mm. The only snag in my project so far

......like this :whistling:

53408-35900.jpg

Cheers

Chris, your watch is a stunning beauty. Class and understatement at their best. It is a watch that makes one really 'feel' it -- and it's not because of your even beautiful shots.

And I also have to humbly observe that all other watches in this thread are exciting too.