When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Tag Carrera Chrono received!

dastrix

Well, I received it today. Its realllllly nice. The date appears fine to me, but im not 100% sure. Will see tomorrow when its the first. I took the watch into a Tag dealer and had 2 links taken out, the dealer commented 'nice watch, look after it' :) So it passed a basic dealer test hehe

I have a question on basic use and the 30minute timer. It appears that its out of sync? Am I right in saying that at 12.30 it should read 30 as in one full revolution, and at 1am it should have done two revolutions? I just dont understand how to read this dial and the manual doesnt really say much! The hour and also second dials are fine and the movement appears fine also

No scratches or marks, so im happy there. The subdial spacing appears to be every so slighty out, but really when i looked at the gen and mine, I couldnt really see a difference.

Overall, very happy. Just need to work out the 30minute timer thing! and now see if it holds time ;)

Thanks for your help guys, hopefuly someone can answer my question

Cheers

Kris

hmm ur talking about the stop watch right? well i think the bottom counter is the hours and the top counter is the 30 min counter and i think every 2 rotation in this dial and the hours counter moves 1..

as to the date font.. it is off.. especially the "8" check it out :p

Ah ok, ive ordered a proper date wheel anyway.

UH OH look what i've found.

mark.jpg

THis is NOT normal right????

You took it into a dealer to get the links done?? You sir, are a madman!

It is an excellent rep, definitely my favourite watch.

Have you removed the protective plastic coating off of the bezel? I've seen a few people don't realise there is plastic on there and think the quality is poor.

I took the watch into a Tag dealer and had 2 links taken out

You took it into a dealer to get the links done?? You sir, are a madman!

you took the watch a replica to an TAG AD? thats just stupid.

Anyone ever been caught depositing couterfeit money at a bank (or anywhere for that matter, including McDonald's)? They confiscate it - plain and simple, just take it from you. Imagine if you took your shiny new Carrera replica to a Tag dealer to be resized and you run into a guy who resents the whole replica subculture, grows a set of balls and says "This is fake" and tosses it in the trash bin behind the counter and then threatens to call the cops if you don't leave his store. What do you do?

QUOTE: Anyone ever been caught depositing couterfeit money at a bank (or anywhere for that matter, including McDonald's)? They confiscate it - plain and simple, just take it from you. Imagine if you took your shiny new Carrera replica to a Tag dealer to be resized and you run into a guy who resents the whole replica subculture, grows a set of balls and says "This is fake" and tosses it in the trash bin behind the counter and then threatens to call the cops if you don't leave his store. What do you do?

I'd jump over the counter and beat the living [censored] out of the guy :wacko::angry2:

Edited by NORing

Going to the AD was dumb :nono: , ref the scratch are you sure it was not there before you took it to the AD, it will polish and it will pick up more along the way but if you dont know if it was there when you got it from your collector then you cant complain to them! and i would not like you to go back to the AD and try to blame them,

where was that smiley of the guy shooting himself!

When you start the stop watch every full rotation on the large seconds hand will record 1 min on the 30 min subdial after 30 min it will have made 2 rotations and be back to zero at this point the 12 hour subdial will record 1 hour of elapsed time.

a nice watch though congratulations

PS how about using that $1000 +dollars you saved over the gen and supporting this good advise :whistling:

Going to the AD was dumb :nono: , ref the scratch are you sure it was not there before you took it to the AD, it will polish and it will pick up more along the way but if you dont know if it was there when you got it from your collector then you cant complain to them! and i would not like you to go back to the AD and try to blame them,

where was that smiley of the guy shooting himself!

When you start the stop watch every full rotation on the large seconds hand will record 1 min on the 30 min subdial after 30 min it will have made 2 rotations and be back to zero at this point the 12 hour subdial will record 1 hour of elapsed time.

a nice watch though congratulations

PS how about using that $1000 +dollars you saved over the gen and supporting this good advise :whistling:

It wasnt the dealer, i sat there and watched him remove the link. He commented on how nice the watch was ;)

I've emailed my dealer, no reply after 2 days :( still waiting... Do you think it can be polished out? Who would be the best person to do this if my dealer fails to assist me (Im just about to buy an Omega rep so ill be buying elsewhere if they don't assist me)

Yep, loving the watch. Its great, i went to the snow this weekend so it sat at home as I didnt want it marked if the dealer wanted to take it back and exchange..

Worked out the hand/dials! Thanks for your help

It looks quite deep but it could be polished out, do you have a dremil? that would let you polish it out and then you could rebrush the case.

I have no such tools! Im going to follow it through with my dealer before resorting to this. It WASNT there when I had the link out..

I have no such tools! Im going to follow it through with my dealer before resorting to this. It WASNT there when I had the link out..

Sending the watch back to the dealer who will 'repair' it... should be interesting!

• 2 months later...

I really like this rep...

but what I'm concerned about is the SS bracelet...

I don't know but it seems from the pics that the gaps between the bracelet links are quite big...

doesn't that make the bracelet floppy???

TAG SS bracelet suppose to be strong & have a tight feel between each link???

can the experts clarify this issue???

I really like this rep...

but what I'm concerned about is the SS bracelet...

I don't know but it seems from the pics that the gaps between the bracelet links are quite big...

doesn't that make the bracelet floppy???

TAG SS bracelet suppose to be strong & have a tight feel between each link???

can the experts clarify this issue???

Yep, this is worst part about all Carrera series - bracelet is very good, except for gaps between links which are to big (compared to gen). I was holding gen few times and it is huge difference. And that is such a shame for such a great and accurate rep :(

regards

• 2 weeks later...