When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

How About This New Look?

V

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I didn't thought actually of doing it.. I just read a couple of things about it and said to ask opinions..

Basically I liked the photo of the guy with the BS but maybe it;s just a nice photo ;)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

One of the most fashionable men in recorded history, the fabled Duke of Windsor, wore his watch over his sleeve. If you have the balls and are stylish enough to pull it off...why not? Its all about how you wear it. If you are dressed in Savile Row bespoke, and have confidence that borders on arrogance, then by all means wear it well.

We Americans generally have zero fashion sense. But then what do I know, I wear my Utilikilts in public :whistling:

That quote in itself speaks volumes. :D

As for wearing a watch outside sleeves, I'd say I'm against it, but I've not tried it. I may try the 111h on a stroll through the Tuilleries to see if it feels stupid.

Oh, you appear to have overlooked one big problem: Sleeves? In this weather? Are you out of your vulcan mind?

Wetsuit = fine....!

Astronaut suit = fine...!

Arctic suit = fine...!

Motor racing suit = fine...!

Birthday suit = fine...!

Armani suit = not fine...!

But there are fashion victims all over the place....even here...sorry...especially here based on some of the responses........just remember that fashion is secondary to style.....and if you're wearing it over your sleeve.........make sure your socks match your sandals.......NO-BRAINER.....!

Wetsuit = fine....!

Astronaut suit = fine...!

Arctic suit = fine...!

Motor racing suit = fine...!

Birthday suit = fine...!

Armani suit = not fine...!

But there are fashion victims all over the place....even here...sorry...especially here based on some of the responses........just remember that fashion is secondary to style.....and if you're wearing it over your sleeve.........make sure your socks match your sandals.......NO-BRAINER.....!

PS....I will NOT....even under heavy protests and against all persuasion....sell a watch to ANY member who has / will / would comtemplate wearing a watch in this fashion.......if you are contemplating it...order elsewhere......:D

PS....I will NOT....even under heavy protests and against all persuasion....sell a watch to ANY member who has / will / would comtemplate wearing a watch in this fashion.......if you are contemplating it...order elsewhere......:D

Best cancel my Bentley order then ... :Jumpy:

Neil has it right. That particular watch should only be worn above a wetsuit.

And by the way, Puffy, Jay-Z or Russell Simmons would not wear it on top of a longsleeve shirt. I found myself in the bizarre circumstance of having dinner with two of them about a year ago . And yeah, Jay was wearing one of his AP line underneath a properly sized dress shirt with stunning cufflinks. The diamond AP actually looks pretty good. Subtle as bling goes. :)

Italians have their own agenda when it comes to wrist décor. Although they don’t generally favor the French cuff, they do like their barrel cuffs to fit snugly at the wrists, leaving little room for anything but the most slender wristwatch. Italy’s own “Duke of Windsor,” Gianni Agnelli, crowned “Rake of the Riviera” back in the 1950s, has been contravening protocol, sartorial and otherwise, for as long as anyone can remember. “Avocado” resolved this conundrum by sporting his watch over his shirt cuff -- after which, all Italy took note. :)

http://www.askmen.com/fashion/trends_100/1...ashion_men.html

It's like a large sign "look at me I'm having a watch that's to big for my wrists...."

No thanks, i prefer the watch on the wrist....

• 3 weeks later...