When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Cousteau2007 now listed on Trusty

watcher

Hmm, not a IWC aficionado by any means but I like to think I have an eye for detail, and I'm confused about that inner bezel ring between 0-15 :brow:

Original (postponed/cancelled?) prototype pics showed no border just black band...

post-115-1189681339_thumb.png

Now we have Trusty's available model pics showing thick orange border between 0-15...

post-115-1189681820_thumb.jpg

Then to confuse things further we have IWC's official pic with a very fine orange border...

post-115-1189681892_thumb.jpg

And just to make things EVEN more fun, here's a pic of a gen 'real life' CD, note the 'midweight' border halfway between Trusty's and IWC pics...

post-115-1189682157_thumb.png

Confused??? I am. :p

There are always differences between prototypes and final products.. Both for the genuine as well as the replica. I guess this is what the rep maker waited for: to see an actual photo of a genuine. Then he corrected these details and released it. ie The border should be visible.

Actually these days, the rep makers just go out and buy a gen to work from ;)

I like the Cousteau - but not this color combo. I agree - the first was better.

it's all what I like in this watch

we all have mostly (but I'd rather said only) white, black, black and white, white and black dials.

I'm not against the idea of putting some fresh colors in my collection.

Actually, everything does align according to Josh. I like all the versions, but stepped up to this one. As someone else said, I also like a little color in a watch.

This one's a beauty, and I'm gonna enjoy it.

That's good to hear. I am going to check with King, and Angus. I just hope this isn't a cartel exclusive. BTW that faux wood on the 2006 killed it for me, and I much prefer the engraved diver.

I have passed the order a minute ago from Joshua, the watch is in stock, he confirm me by Email.

I'll let you know next week.... if everything goes right.

Hi Buddy:

Looking forward your review + photos!!!

Can't wait

BTW: SAS=Britsih Special Air Service.......

Best Regards,

Raymond

I think the bezel alignment is really hit and miss. The wierd thing is that the one I bought sits virtually bang on after the click. I sent my 2006 to The Zigmeister for a ETA and datewheel swap. Also the infamous superluminova application. This is perhaps my favorite rep. I am very tempted to buy the 07 model as well.

Cousteau2.jpg

Cousteau1.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
Hmm, not a IWC aficionado by any means but I like to think I have an eye for detail, and I'm confused about that inner bezel ring between 0-15 :brow:

Original (postponed/cancelled?) prototype pics showed no border just black band...

post-115-1189681339_thumb.png

Now we have Trusty's available model pics showing thick orange border between 0-15...

post-115-1189681820_thumb.jpg

Then to confuse things further we have IWC's official pic with a very fine orange border...

post-115-1189681892_thumb.jpg

And just to make things EVEN more fun, here's a pic of a gen 'real life' CD, note the 'midweight' border halfway between Trusty's and IWC pics...

post-115-1189682157_thumb.png

Confused??? I am. :p

Here is 2 pics taken from a webshop selling this wonderful watch :

649062-792237.jpg

and

649062-792240.jpg

Seems to be close to the rep one, no ? :p

C U

+++

;)

Stef.

Edited by stef