When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

HOLY SH*T!

slay

i've PM-ed PT to see the price rnge of the mvt...it is very interesting...

but soon all dealers will have it and the price, like you said @slay should lower a little bit...however a step further on building a great 127....

I just ordered a fiddy from Joshua with the CN movement and was pretty excited to see this as a replacement movement. I would think the price would be well below 150 (usd). I mean, in many ways converting the fake swans neck into a functional one seems to be just making a screw that works. I'm sure it's more difficult than that, but I can't see the price being over 150.

I just ordered a fiddy from Joshua with the CN movement and was pretty excited to see this as a replacement movement. I would think the price would be well below 150 (usd). I mean, in many ways converting the fake swans neck into a functional one seems to be just making a screw that works. I'm sure it's more difficult than that, but I can't see the price being over 150.

Since this movement is new...don't expect it to be cheap. Better give it some time.

I would guess closer to $200 but I would love to be wrong. :)

PT says it will be under $300 for sure but he doesn't have a exact price. Once these start showing up in the reps it should be very hard to tell the gen from the rep...... :p

Edited by rocket754

Wow, the fat needle makes a huge difference... That's the one thing I always look at when spotting gens in pictures.

I'm also thinking about a Fiddy project now. I've got one with ETA but wrong bridges. Get the Davidsen AR coated sapphire crystal, this movement, a good lume and you've got an almost perfect Fiddy!

yes it does have the fixed pin :)

even IF its 200$, add the 120$ for the CN fiddy and you have a _PERFECT_ fiddy for 320$!

if i get it for a good price, i will replace ALL my CN unitas/old bridge unitas movement in my pams with one of those!

Edited by slay

This movement is not going to be cheap, that's one thing for sure. =P

Have fun...

Enjoy the weekend!

ANDREW

Don't you have a working Swan Neck Regulator on your custom Swiss ETA 177H ?

I found the flaw.

We all knew it would be there somewhere!

Anyone order a "CFFICINE PANERA"?

Having said that though, who really needs to be that anal?

Its a very good improvement, and the flaw stops people selling the movt for $1000+ on 'ze bay'.

I noticed that too, but when it's cased up you can't see that far to the edge can you ?

This movement is not going to be cheap, that's one thing for sure. =P

Have fun...

Enjoy the weekend!

ANDREW

it shouldnt be much more expensive than the old swan neck movement with the wrong shaped regulator, otherwise its just a huge rip-off mark up :)

but time will tell!