When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

What to buy?

warbody

Hi guys

Finally buying a replica watch but now :( i don't know what to buy !

Well lets ask ! I have $500 to spend and i want a rep Most accurate as possible ! ( yeah yeah I'm going to say its genuine )

So please give me your recommendations all are welcome ! all kind of watches ! just "as genuine as possible"

Thanks Guys

Erick :rolleyes:

Hi guys

Finally buying a replica watch but now :( i don't know what to buy !

Well lets ask ! I have $500 to spend and i want a rep Most accurate as possible ! ( yeah yeah I'm going to say its genuine )

So please give me your recommendations all are welcome ! all kind of watches ! just "as genuine as possible"

Thanks Guys

Erick :rolleyes:

Well just remeber that if you are going to tell people it's gen it has to be believable. Not everyone can pull off wearing a $20,000.00 watch. With that being said, it depends on what you want to wear it for... a daily beater??? A nice dress watch??? Your profile says you are from the DR so i would stay away from anything gold-plated as it could start to wear off quickly in the hot weather. I would recommend the following (in no particular order):

Tag Chrono

Tag Aquaracer

OM Planet Ocean

SFSO

Hope this helps!

Superocean is just about the perfect rep but some do not like its very sporty/clunky look. The ULTIMATE Planet Ocean or Ultimate B Evolution are great choices. If I had 500 to spend knowing what I know now I would go for a MBW modern Sub. That will cost you around 350. That leaves you 150 to change out the band for a hollow link NOOB type and also a new bezel insert/pearl. What you will then have is a Rolex Sub that is 96% as good as the real thing. Not bad for your first rep dont you think?

Now that makes it a harder choice, what is your sister like? i think we need to A know more about your Sis and also hear a womans prospective on this (where is Vic when you need her) My wife and i Can both wear 47mm Pams but it is not every Lady that can do that, 39mm Aqua terra look great but have flaws (but what doesent) The Railmaster is near perfect on the face but not really for a Lady, my wife likes the EX2 with the cream face and the SFSO with the white( not really white but a champane cream) face. How about a white faced Pam??

Now that makes it a harder choice, what is your sister like? i think we need to A know more about your Sis and also hear a womans prospective on this (where is Vic when you need her)

Thanks for the heads up, FxrAndy!

My wife and i Can both wear 47mm Pams but it is not every Lady that can do that, 39mm Aqua terra look great but have flaws (but what doesent) The Railmaster is near perfect on the face but not really for a Lady, my wife likes the EX2 with the cream face and the SFSO with the white( not really white but a champane cream) face. How about a white faced Pam??

White-faced PAM 113 from Davidsen would be my suggestion without knowing a thing about your sister, Warbody.

This is David's more comprehensive thread on his PAMs on RWI, including price (sorry if that's bad form, please delete if so):

http://replica-watch.info/forum/viewtopic.php?t=15234

Raymond has one, and he speaks HIGHLY of it. I have one from Andrew, and since it's got to be modded to look as close to gen as possible, buying a magnificent rep from DSN is the way to go in this case.

I have never been asked either, but if asked, I will say my DSN 112 is gen. It's that good, and I'm that (dis)honest to say so here. :)

Well just remeber that if you are going to tell people it's gen it has to be believable. Not everyone can pull off wearing a $20,000.00 watch. With that being said, it depends on what you want to wear it for... a daily beater??? A nice dress watch??? Your profile says you are from the DR so i would stay away from anything gold-plated as it could start to wear off quickly in the hot weather. I would recommend the following (in no particular order):

Tag Chrono

Tag Aquaracer

OM Planet Ocean

SFSO

Hope this helps!

Actually, I have seen the Cousteau diver for under USD 7K at an IWC boutique in Hong Kong. The issue is finding one.

I think you just don't want to be wearing a $10k watch and driving a $12k car ... that MIGHT set off some warning flags! :blink:

I say go for a Tag Link (or Tag Link Chrono). Looks great, sleek (not chunky like SFSO), nearly flawless, and if you do get called out, most people recognize the name so they're not going to go home and google Audemars Piguet and think, hmmm ... warbody's sister must have either landed on some serious jack, or :busted_cop:

Sorry for my late response, well my sister is an architect so she's no so "Girlie" she likes to wear mens watches and she want a Rolex submariner ( she was going to buy a gen but i stopped her ) but perry's option looks very nice

She's not looking for a dressy watch most "casual" .. dont know what else to say ! thanks all for your suggestions keep going! !

As you say your sister isn't a 'girlie girl', how about a PAM 111 or 112? Large, minimalistic, strong enough to live up to any 'site abuse' she might encounter in her work, and, with the variety of straps available, incredibly versatile and customizable. I'd be the first to admit, the Omega Planet Ocean 45mm on rubber is way more comfortable on the wrist than a PAM, but, it's not as customizable...

I'm telling her the options she's now reconsidering the Breitling .... and about owning a 10k watch and a 12k car ... look here in DR 8/10 people just know Rolex and Cartier as "Expensive Watches" , most people can see a Real Patek Phillipe of $30,000 in your hand and they only say Oh Nice watch looks expensive but dont really have idea

Got it ?

Keep going :D im happy thanks everyone for helping

here in DR 8/10 people just know Rolex and Cartier as "Expensive Watches"

...sounds a lot like Canada... :rolleyes:

I would definitely recommend getting a Breitling Chronomat Evolution regardless. They have a high-polished bracelet, look extremely close to the original, and because its somewhat an obscure brand you won't have the trouble of getting called out. I wear a Navitimer, and I absolutely love it... Breitling has some very eye-catching pieces... but the steelfish superocean waterpark jellyfish is not one of my favorites...

Navitimer in the following combination is always a recipe for success;

Stainless Steel

Subdials at 12:00, 9:00, and 6:00. So it look like

old_navitimer.jpg

Then you will not have the problem of the date recess and the watch will be very very accurate...

Edited by Corgi

Sorry for my late response, well my sister is an architect so she's no so "Girlie" she likes to wear mens watches and she want a Rolex submariner ( she was going to buy a gen but i stopped her ) but perry's option looks very nice

She's not looking for a dressy watch most "casual" .. dont know what else to say ! thanks all for your suggestions keep going! !

Ahh, well, if that's the case, we're on another plane altogether.

Rima loves the Daytonas. Get her one of those!

Truly nice watches, a little mannish for my taste since I'm a girlie-girl usually, and unlike the PAM 111/112/113 which I wear, it can't be "toned down" with straps, but there are a lot of really good Daytona reps available.

Was saving this as a surprise wrist-check, but here I am wearing my dad's black-face Tona from Jay at watchsilix.com (recommended for those on a budget; it's not nearly as accurate as others).

daytonameexq0.jpg

Looks awful on me with the dragon lady red nails. Oddly enough, looks great on my mum.

Try this, print out photos all the same size of your top 20 candidates, fasten them to the wall, buy a bottle of good rum, drink it entirely, place a dart by your bed and when you first wake up in the morning, fling the dart at the photos and your choice will be made. Otherwise buy a Panerai 005 with a steel bracelet and you will be very happy.

I have the UPO (Planet Ocean 45.5mm) black bezel/orange numbers so I have limited knowledge on this from personal experience, but this forum helped get my knowledge go up a few notches on reps so here it goes:

*Omega Planet Ocean (Any size) - Don't get the Chrono...

*Omega Double Eagle.

*Any Panerai.

*Breitling Navitimer in SS.

*Breitling SuperOcean.

*Cartier Pasha.

*Rolex Yachtmaster (New) from Angus aka PureTime.

*Rolex Datejust or Day-Date in SS.

*Rolex Submariner.

*AP Royal Oak.

*Rolex Air-King.