When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Just pulled the trigger on the light HBB...

Pix

Hi folks,

although it may sound crazy (old 7750), I ordered it. From the dealer who became my favorite one on iOffer. I'm posting his pics, showing that the watch was checked before shipment : I love this idea :D

I know that you either love or hate the HBB. I have always loved it (bought a quartz version, which I resold immediately), but it was (and still is) really too expensive for me. The light idea was... a great idea. At least I hope so :oops:

Let's review it upon receipt, in about one week maximum.

I am secretely hoping that the swap with a gen 7750 is not too difficult. As I have the luck to be in touch now with a former watchsmith, who can do such operations for his good "old" friend :lol:

I know already that the AR will be missing (black dial). But OK... 250 dollars ;)

img5197ph3.jpg

img5198nn6.jpg

img5199nj7.jpg

img5202zt0.jpg

img5204nv6.jpg

That's probably what I will do : it'll let me time to hunt the movement.

Euno : it seems it has the old Asian 21600 bph. I'll confirm when I will see it on Friday.

But i'm confused : http://www.silix-prime.com/product.asp?id=1859

Silix says it is 28800...

Who's right ?

Silix, trying a white lie ?

Or the other dealers hiding it's nothing else than the usual HBB without AR and with a lower price ?

Mmm...that's worth investigating. I'll take a closeup of the movement.

I heard about a month ago that there would be another manufacturer offering the HBB cheaper. Maybe this is silix's version? He has the CF dial version that is not in the lite offering of the other collectors. On the other hand Josh has confirmed that his lite version is from the manufacturer that brought the HBB in the scene. So, we might be witnessing suppliers competing. That would be good news for us.

PS: There is a difference in the calibers pictured. Look at the regulating lever. The 21.6kvph has the scale, where as the 28.8 doesn't.

I heard about a month ago that there would be another manufacturer offering the HBB cheaper. Maybe this is silix's version? He has the CF dial version that is not in the lite offering of the other collectors. On the other hand Josh has confirmed that his lite version is from the manufacturer that brought the HBB in the scene. So, we might be witnessing suppliers competing. That would be good news for us.

PS: There is a difference in the calibers pictured. Look at the regulating lever. The 21.6kvph has the scale, where as the 28.8 doesn't.

I think you're right, mate... :D

It seems a gold version is about to be sold too. Look at PC site. Don't know though if it's the lite one.

Before ordering my black PVD bezel version on iOffer, I asked Angus if there would be a gold bezel version, he told me I had to wait one week and proposed (as often) a preorder. This might be a very good option.

I will review this lite HBB this week end, I've now been wearing it for two days. I'm enthusiastic and can only understand and second the foolishness around this rep (love it or hate it, but it's an exceptionnal watch...).

Besides, it's my very first 7750, you can imagine how anxious I am ^_^

Only time will tell if I was reasonnable.

From the pics it looks like the one on silix's site is different than the light version. Notice the bolder date font on the one advertised as light and notice the lighter font in silix's pics. Makes you go hmmmm.

Correct. Silix does not Market his HBB as "Light". His HBB is different from Andrew and Josh.. at least that's what he's told me. His watch does have the better movment.. in my eyes, his version is a more practical buy for this reason

I'm very curious about how it is. Can't wait someone buys it !

Here's my fist wristshot...

Definitely a chunky watch.

It definitely would be perfect with an AR coating. This is surely my next step (for the first time), although it's already great without.

For the AR....http://www.rwg.cc/members/index.php?showtopic=52110

:rolleyes:

:huh:

Knowing the possible issues with the 21.6 k, that sounds odd I must say. Till now I could understand that the usage of an old 7750 stock helped (to some extent) to offer this lower price. But if you can get the latest Asian 7750 for the same price, what would lead anyone (customer or dealer) to choose the lower beatrate, on purpose ? I'm a bit doubtful about Jay's comment. Maybe this will become clearer later, but for now, I'm just, well, suspicious... :)

:huh:

Knowing the possible issues with the 21.6 k, that sounds odd I must say. Till now I could understand that the usage of an old 7750 stock helped (to some extent) to offer this lower price. But if you can get the latest Asian 7750 for the same price, what would lead anyone (customer or dealer) to choose the lower beatrate, on purpose ? I'm a bit doubtful about Jay's comment. Maybe this will become clearer later, but for now, I'm just, well, suspicious... :)

Can't say I blame you. When I ordered the vintage Rolex, I received no tracking number, no nothing, and after a month, (and over a weekend) emailed for an update. When I checked in monday, there were two messages. One saying the original shipment (which had had no tracking number) had been intercepted by customs and was being re-sent, and the second, containing the tracking number. When the parcel arrived, it was the wrong watch, and the jubilee bracelet I ordered was absent. An email was met with the offer to send the correct dial, and the missing bracelet. I am now in the same situation. No tracking number, and after a month, I am debating if I should send a confirming email. I am torn about doing this though, because if I do, I am sure I will receive a reply saying the delivery was confiscated (again :rolleyes: ) and that will just confirm my suspicions that Jay tells people whatever he thinks the want to hear to explain delays from sitting on orders, and if I don't sent an email, I'm also sure I'll never receive the dial and bracelet... I think I'll wait and see what happens. I wasn't going to wear the Rolex anyway, so it's not really worth running around after it. I've got my dealer who I know I can trust, so I'll be sticking with him ;)