When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Help needed from Rolex experts

perry563

1680 mag is supposed to be biger... Noobmariners and such are usually too small and about 2x mag, My noobmariner mag sucks.. gen 16610 is 2.5x and the old 1680 look to be about 3x but thats how they are supposed to be.

Lonnie

1680 mag is supposed to be biger... Noobmariners and such are usually too small and about 2x mag, My noobmariner mag sucks.. gen 16610 is 2.5x and the old 1680 look to be about 3x but thats how they are supposed to be.

I have seen pics on here of the BEGIN date mag. That is NOT the date mag on the Begin I just recieved from Joshua. Date mag on mine is not bad at all and the date font is not thick. Either the date mag has been changed or I was lucky.

There's no doubt that the date mag on a gen 1680 or a WM/MBW 1680 is larger, just like mojo says.

And if you compare it to a 16610 gen, the 16610 mag is smaller. Once again, the crystal is closer to the date window. Date mag on noobs and begins is pretty close to gens IMO. Not worth worrying about.

Just to give you some reasons to do not worry TOO much about date mag.

A good friend of mine, eminent member of this board, has seen a lot of genuine Rolies.

Probably more than any of us will ever see.

His statement is that there are a lot of chance that most of them are different.

Some have a bolder date, some thiner, ...

This comes from "serviced or not", various date wheel suppliers, and even aftermarket parts like crystals and cyclops.

Lots of Genuine Sub owners have been to regular watchmakers to avoid AD fees ;)

So, yes we all want, and me too of course (it's my third date wheel on my 16610), to be as close as possible.

But hey, if your modded rep is not as close as the genuine high resolution picture that you have found and that is the the one you consider to be the best genuine pic ever, it's not such a big deal.

Remember, people like us, looking at such details so deeply, are only member of these boards...you will never crose someone like that in the real word !

Cheers

Stephane