When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Orlando Bloom's 127

TeeJay

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

You're getting a gen fiddy for x-mas???

:lol:I wish :lol:

Only a rep, but as I collect movie memorabelia, including 'watches from the movies', this one falls into that catagory, so I wanted the strap to be as close to Orlando's as possible :)

Edited by TeeJay

Thanks for the reference material guys. Logan, if you were able to dig up production stills of the watch, that would be fantastic. From comments Orlando made in an interview about buying a new watch, and the interviewer's note that it was a Panerai, I'm wondering if this was indeed his own personal property rather than a 'costume piece'. From the second photo, it's clear he has the second keeper on the strap (something I don't tend to do on PAMs as I find they slide up (as Orlando's has done) so find it easier to remove them) It shouldn't be too hard to track down a suitable strap based on those pictures, if anyone (V :lol: ) could point out a supplier, that would be most appreciated :) Thanks again, everyone :)

Or rather, what would be the closest strap to purchase to replicate the watch he wore in Elizabethtown? My fiance's getting me a 127 for christmas, and I want it to be as close to the Orlando's watch as possible. Thanks in advance :)

http://jitteryjim.com/?page_id=432

This:

Elizabethtown-Panerai2.jpg

Almost 100% sure it's:

mfgreenlu6.jpg

fiddymfbrown1lo0.jpg

The grain of the leather, the distinctive reverse side, and most importantly the bluey-brown stitching all point to...

MANIFATTURE FIRENZE HAMMERED BROWN LEATHER CALF WITH BROWN STITCHING! :tu:

https://www.manifatturefirenze.it/home.php/...cat/46/idart/68

Item Code: A4-232

EC Price : € 76.80

Extra EC Price : € 64.00* (~US$ 90)

SHIPPING RATES

Italy Europe Rest of the World

Standard Shipping 9 € 9 € 15 €

Insured Express Shipping

See Shipping Fees Table

Cash on Delivery 12 €

The watch belongs to the president of Panerai USA(Phillipe Bonay) and it was on a loan for the movie.

hxxp://forums.timezone.com/index.php?t=tree&th=527145&mid=1487859&rid=0&rev=&reveal=

Shame that the scans have been removed.. :)

Thanks!

"Orlando nicely scratched the case while filming! :("

...yeah, well, at least it wasn't the sapphire crystal like me. <_<

(Not on the Fiddy though. I would've weed myself)

The watch belongs to the president of Panerai USA(Phillipe Bonay) and it was on a loan for the movie.

hxxp://forums.timezone.com/index.php?t=tree&th=527145&mid=1487859&rid=0&rev=&reveal=

Shame that the scans have been removed.. :)

Thanks for the link, and indeed, a shame the links had been removed. If the watch was on loan, then I'd take Orlando's comment (and the interviewer's note) to mean he bought a PAM after filming (sadly, it only said Panerai Luminor, it didn't specificy further what model he had bought himself)

http://jitteryjim.com/?page_id=432

This:

Elizabethtown-Panerai2.jpg

Almost 100% sure it's:

mfgreenlu6.jpg

fiddymfbrown1lo0.jpg

The grain of the leather, the distinctive reverse side, and most importantly the bluey-brown stitching all point to...

MANIFATTURE FIRENZE HAMMERED BROWN LEATHER CALF WITH BROWN STITCHING! :tu:

https://www.manifatturefirenze.it/home.php/...cat/46/idart/68

Item Code: A4-232

EC Price :

Edited by TeeJay

Thanks for the link, and indeed, a shame the links had been removed. If the watch was on loan, then I'd take Orlando's comment (and the interviewer's note) to mean he bought a PAM after filming (sadly, it only said Panerai Luminor, it didn't specificy further what model he had bought himself)

I have yet to watch this film, Elizabethtown! But if Sssurfer recommends it, how bad can it be?

BTW, should Paneristi watch a cannon of films before, during and after owning Panerai watches?

I propose a popcorn session in Shoutbox, when we all go to Blockbuster, and synchronise view on our DVDs:

Daylight

After the Sunset

Elizabethtown

Bridget Jones' Diary

Eraser

The Transporter (1 & 2)

Gridiron Gang

Chick flicks AND Di.ck flicks. Awesome!

That's fantastic, and I'd agree with your 'diagnosis' :) Silly question though, what do you mean by 'distinctive reverse side'? Does that mean the section that goes 'outside' the wrist, or the inside surface of the strap which goes against the skin?

Inside, closest to the wrist. :)

Also, now that you mention it, OEM Panerai straps also share this same look. Since it belonged to Philippe Bonay, it's a possibilty.

However, OEM Fiddy straps start at U$350 in their boutique...the default one you get with the Fiddy in the original box is the "OEM Cashmere tan", if memory serves, though.

So that points back to it being Manifatture Firenze's, not OEM.

:) RESPECT :notworthy::notworthy::notworthy:

We are lucky to have members like you within our community.

MERCI DANKE THANK YOU Serdecznie dziękuję (yeah, I copy pasted)! ;)

Just checked Risti. OMG...he looks so wet in this photo. No wonder I don't like pretty boys.

800-OB-Panerai-all.jpg

Looks like Titanium they said. I agree, but which?

(They also said he was wearing the Cali, 249, on the cover of People magazine, so he's a definite goner, Panerai-wise)

I have yet to watch this film, Elizabethtown! But if Sssurfer recommends it, how bad can it be?

BTW, should Paneristi watch a cannon of films before, during and after owning Panerai watches?

I propose a popcorn session in Shoutbox, when we all go to Blockbuster, and synchronise view on our DVDs:

Daylight

After the Sunset

Elizabethtown

Bridget Jones' Diary

Eraser

The Transporter (1 & 2)

Gridiron Gang

Chick flicks AND [censored] flicks. Awesome!

I haven't seen it either, and to be honest, am not the world's greatest fan of Orlando Bloom, my interest was more in the watch than him personally :lol: That said, I'll probably get round to watching the movie at some point :D

I have to admit, I didn't notice a PAM in Bridget Jones' Diary, but, having read, I know it's worn by Hugh Grant :D As for the Transporter, Jason Statham's PAM is another 'movie watch' I'm keen to add to my collection (his comment on the T 1 commentary about the watch makes it sound like his own personal posession rather than a wardrobe piece as he says the name with real pride)

:) RESPECT :notworthy::notworthy::notworthy:

We are lucky to have members like you within our community.

Absolutely :)

Inside, closest to the wrist. :)

As in against the skin, or the longer section which comes from the 6 O Clock lugs?

Also, now that you mention it, OEM Panerai straps also share this same look. Since it belonged to Philippe Bonay, it's a possibilty.

However, OEM Fiddy straps start at U$350 in their boutique...the default one you get with the Fiddy in the original box is the "OEM Cashmere tan", if memory serves, though.

So that points back to it being Manifatture Firenze's, not OEM.

If the color is different to the default strap, that would rather point towards an aftermarket addition rather than it being a default strap... This is precicely why I thought it best to ask the advice of those in the know, rather than muddling through the various strap sites while tabbing back to the still of Orlando giving Kirsten a piggy back and scratching my head :lol:

MERCI DANKE THANK YOU Serdecznie dziękuję (yeah, I copy pasted)! ;)

Just checked Risti. OMG...he looks so wet in this photo. No wonder I don't like pretty boys.

800-OB-Panerai-all.jpg

Looks like Titanium they said. I agree, but which?

(They also said he was wearing the Cali, 249, on the cover of People magazine, so he's a definite goner, Panerai-wise)

I'm not too hot on PAM models, but, looking at that pic, I'd say that the main dial was a dark grey rather than black, and that the secs @ 9 subdial was a lighter grey. The case might be titanium, although I wouldn't want to say for sure... If I ever get a guinea pig with wavy dark hair, I'll know just what to call him :lol: