When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Can We Start A Help Edge Fund?

GhostfaceZX

I don't know how to do it, nor am I a trusted member of this group, so I'm suggesting some well-known member here set up some kind of donation fund for the financial losses that Edge suffered. Together we can all help ease the pain to his pocketbook.

Hopefully the pp account created will have a strong password!

Also, hopefully there will be a cap to the amount he actually lost - once the amount is reached, any incremental will be refunded.

Read about Edge's story here:

Read it here

Edited by GhostfaceZX

I don't know how to do it, nor am I a trusted member of this group, so I'm suggesting some well-known member here set up some kind of donation fund for the financial losses that Edge suffered. Together we can all help ease the pain to his pocketbook.

Hopefully the pp account created will have a strong password!

Also, hopefully there will be a cap to the amount he actually lost - once the amount is reached, any incremental will be refunded.

Thanks for the thought Ghostface but I have no intention of making this the boards problem. I am merely trying to educate the boards as to the goings on. As it stands I have spoken to pp and they assure me that all of the buyers WILL receive their money back. THAT IS ALL I CARE ABOUT.

I have also been told that I will not be reimbursed for my loss in this but that is not the top of my priorities at the moment. I have about 20 hoops to jump through for pp then my account will be returned to me so that I can refund the Buyers.

BUYERS YOU WILL ALL GET YOUR MONEY BACK!!!!

Thanks for the thought Ghostface but I have no intention of making this the boards problem. I am merely trying to educate the boards as to the goings on. As it stands I have spoken to pp and they assure me that all of the buyers WILL receive their money back. THAT IS ALL I CARE ABOUT.

It's not the board's problem...it's all of us trying to help someone who is down, just like all of us helped Dutchy. A few dollars from each of us who wants to contribute won't be much hardship to each of us individually.

I have also been told that I will not be reimbursed for my loss in this....

That is seriously messed up, but unfortunately, not much we can do against their monopoly.

I have about 20 hoops to jump through for pp then my account will be returned to me

It is a friggin ridiculous process. I spend countless hours trying to get the account I use unfrozen, and the only reason it was frozen was because I did not use it often...and then suddenly sold a bunch of stuff. friggin ridiculous!

Good luck.

Some simple math:

80 members x $10.00 and Chris is out of the woods.

40 members x $20.00....etc.

Once we decide how to do it, we post the message and keep bumping it up till we get there.

Remember, it could have happened to anyone of you...

Whadda think, guys...

It's not the board's problem...it's all of us trying to help someone who is down, just like all of us helped Dutchy.

A bit off topic, but where is Dutchy? He became very quiet after that fund raiser. Just wondering if there was ever posted any pics of the watches he received etc.

Thomas

A bit off topic, but where is Dutchy? He became very quiet after that fund raiser. Just wondering if there was ever posted any pics of the watches he received etc.

admin

Dutchy had final exams last month. He still shows up once a while in RWI.

AND IM BACK!!! SORRY GUYS, BEEN AT SCHOOL....LAST TWO WEEKS OF THE YEAR...TONSSSSS OF WORK!! I was just able to leave a response on the Dutchy funds thread, looks amaaaaaaaazing!!!

Sorry I havent posted here in a while mates!!, nothing against you gents! Ill be here much more often, as im a guy that cant be missed, hehehe. I just have to get this damned work outta the way! 2 weeks to go!

That is horrible about Edge, I would be 200% ready to help out in ANY way I can, lets get this started guys! I was reluctant to accept donations after my watch fiasco, but it sure is wonderful to have people help you out when you get knocked down by something like this. Who can get this thing started???

All the very best,

Floris

Ok, we have four members who have responded to the call so far:

1. Ghostface

2. leitztozeiss

3. [censored] Tracy

4. Ryyannon

Only 76 more members to go!

Hey, where did everyone go?

4 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 1 Anonymous Users)

3 Members: ryyannon, Admin, Verbal Kint

He helped me out in the past. I will help him out now. LMK

Hump.

143 user(s) active in the past 45 minutes

9 guests, 133 members 1 anonymous members

jraines87, Nanuq, jjajh, Dani, thomasng, watcher71, chronomat123, insane, Gunnar Gran, rsv123, V, Birdman, robertk, Estaban, tonton2000, Richard Tracy, Precious Time aka PT, TwoTone, Riskart, stenofsweden, artoero, halley, jkerouac, fitch, carlos, Watchandpen, irongambit, chieftang, d44hvj, sundevil753, bkatbamna, omd, pobiga, avitt, madasboot, migiandone, akelly, golferrrrr, OldeCrow, bigbag, Tikerz, Tribal, slay, laryea, jens, Johnkaz, subzero1, dcrooz, BenWaaaaah, madonna, evilboy, davewe, Dutchy, dadog13, fletch512, jpmlora, hanswurst, By-Tor, Sherrington, namor, t1hs0n, repaustria, rocket, badbob, trombone, Lucas, supermanx, hottoddy, Uhrenfreund25, delle, pasil.pt, spock, Perpetual Oyster, Bigdoggy, TANFOGLIO, squeaker, coty, got-it, aaronk_83, ljay, bernarddep, TXJB, poPsi, S1F1, gander, davethecat, palpatine, sevomd, bAdhAirdAy, strinos, Jonathan, je_fr, torresp, klingsor, docblackrock, fredmc, UnKnownSoldier, torontowatches, deltatahoe, andreww, edaniel, submersible24g, mdg137, cwai02, Jetsons, Pam, ridnwind, nicewatch, repliking, oswald, Usil, beerman, ryaku, vric, trunk21, tag, rocket754, NMD, rek001, stac, CharlesDickens, TmeShare, Dario33, miquel, boston21, pubus, Steve G, Erwin, malyel, eddhead, dgruter, rem922

Either some of you misguided souls imagine that I'm trying to gather these funds for myself

or that I'm such a fu$§*tard that you don't want to get involved in anything I'm associated with.

To the first, allow me to say that you're mistaken.

For the second, I quite understand your feelings.

For the latter reason, I'm leaving this thread to the next member who wants to move it forward with more success and dynamism than I'm capable of mustering.

Perhaps someone else will want to pick it up after the next person takes it to the next level, and so on....

My pledge to Chris stands, however.

Either some of you misguided souls imagine that I'm trying to gather these funds for myself

or that I'm such a fu$§*tard that you don't want to get involved in anything I'm associated with.

To the first, allow me to say that you're mistaken.

For the second, I quite understand your feelings.

For the latter reason, I'm leaving this thread to the next member who wants to move it forward with more success and dynamism than I'm capable of mustering.

Perhaps someone else will want to pick it up after the next person takes it to the next level, and so on....

My pledge to Chris stands, however.

Can we have admin (Admin) help out regarding accepting and distributing the payment? Maybe if he gets involved, we can work some kind of deal where any excess will not be refunded, but rather be put towards supporting this site and TRC. Maybe some cross-posting about this fund on TRC as well?

I'm in. Can somebody point me in the direction where I can find out what happened?

Can we have admin (Admin) help out regarding accepting and distributing the payment? Maybe if he gets involved, we can work some kind of deal where any excess will not be refunded, but rather be put towards supporting this site and TRC. Maybe some cross-posting about this fund on TRC as well?

I really appreciate all of the support but I amn't looking for retribution on this I am just trying to make sure that all the guys who bought have their money back.

Thanks for all the PM's of support and help guys much appreciated.

Oh and yes guys the dutchy fund watch has arrive I posted pics today for y'all. It's a MBW 1680.

Reards

Chris

I really appreciate all of the support but I amn't looking for retribution on this I am just trying to make sure that all the guys who bought have their money back.

Thanks for all the PM's of support and help guys much appreciated.

Oh and yes guys the dutchy fund watch has arrive I posted pics today for y'all. It's a MBW 1680.

Reards

Chris

Payback's a [censored], Chris.

We're not there yet, but if we make it, try and take it like a man...

Where's the Scottish Mafia?

We need some some organizaiton here...

The Scottish Mafia is here and we eat fu$§*tards for breakfast as well as pigs bladders, cows blood, magic mushrooms and other local delicacies.

I am happy to throw something into the pot from a personal perspective but will also discuss with Admin and other Mods if there is a means to set it up via the board.

JTB