When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Help: First Breitling Purchase

stagfan

im going to have to disagree with the majority. i have had 2 steelfish's and a couple bce's and i have to say i think the evo is a much better rep. just my opinion...i could be bias though...i much prefer a chrono watch. i think the bracelet is much nicer and overall better construction of the case. ruby just got updated bce's with AMAZING AR and correct dial colors. very nice indeed.

76435071tm3.jpg

Both steelfish and BCE are very nice, if you do not need the chronograph (I use it in my BCE only to check if it is working or not) go with no doubt for the steelfish. Although the AR is top quality also in the BCE (at least the "ultimate"). The SF black dial is amazing, I think the blue is as nice, I don't like the white (sorry). The only problem with the Sosf to my opinion is its heavy weight but you can change to leather or diver strap (yes, the bracelet is not as good as the watch, although it is very similar to the gen), but I know the experts like it heavy. Regarding the lume, my watch glows very strong (the hands little less) and I think that as a first breitling rep the SO is quite a good choice.

Edited by rafib

im going to have to disagree with the majority. i have had 2 steelfish's and a couple bce's and i have to say i think the evo is a much better rep. just my opinion...i could be bias though...i much prefer a chrono watch. i think the bracelet is much nicer and overall better construction of the case. ruby just got updated bce's with AMAZING AR and correct dial colors. very nice indeed.

Beautiful watch, I am really tempted to buy one of these.

Both the BCE and the SFSO are just amazing, If I was giving advice though, I would say Eta steelfish just gets the nod, reliable accurate and good resale value.

I only have the Asian steelfish and even that is a fantastic piece for the cash.

If you are not sure, that may be the halfway house, if you like it punt it on and buy the ETA.

The lack of AR does not really bother me but the slightly stuttery second hand has me eyeing the Swiss version.

You really can't go wrong with any of these though, we are spoiled.

Im really getting confused. Hehe.

Beautiful watch, I am really tempted to buy one of these.

Both the BCE and the SFSO are just amazing, If I was giving advice though, I would say Eta steelfish just gets the nod, reliable accurate and good resale value.

I only have the Asian steelfish and even that is a fantastic piece for the cash.

If you are not sure, that may be the halfway house, if you like it punt it on and buy the ETA.

The lack of AR does not really bother me but the slightly stuttery second hand has me eyeing the Swiss version.

You really can't go wrong with any of these though, we are spoiled.

I've had several of the SOSF and the BCE and they are equal quality. I think the BCE is a more sophisticated design and is certainly flashier, but the SOSF has very good casework and better AR (and more durable AR). There is not a wrong choice here, just pick whichever one you like the design better on.

Who can debate the beauty of the SOSF.. it's just soo much more... well.. ACCURATE than the BCE... not to mention it goes great with that multicolored rubix cube suit you have in your closet from 1987.

IMG_1794.jpg

notice the "AR" on my Asian SOSF.... haha.. it's a beautiful watch.. i'd never pay the extra 150 for the ETA with AR... why should I when my 21j looks so stunning anyways... can't wait to pick up my rubix cube suit from the cleaners tomorrow! watch out i might break out with some Tektronic dancing to match

Edited by plaifender

Like most of the others have said, best is between the BCE and SFSO. For me, it is the BCE though, the SFSO is supposed to be a brilliant out of the box rep, pretty much indistinguishable to the gen, but it has been said before - best rep but not the best watch. For me, I have not got it basically because I doubt it would get much wrist time, it just doesn't come across as having that same presence as the BCE. Or for presence, go for jfreeman's advice. BLING B) B) If there was a full gold bentley 6.75, I would be looking at that as my next one...

Oh, and just something else to mention, as far as cost goes, the SFSO is by far a cheaper option, for the Swiss BCE it is close to $1,000 depending on what one you look for versus around $300 for a Swiss SFSO. Just something to think about too.

• 2 weeks later...
Final Judgement between the SFSO and the BCE ULTIMATE?

Either will do.

Do you want a Chrono? BCE wins. If not, Steelfish wins.

It's all opinion, either way. For the record, my opinion is that the Steelfish wins because the movement is the same as the genuine. :D