When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Nothing out of China October 1st through October 3rd

lysis

For those of you looking to acquire an item from one of our Chinese "collectors"

China is essentially shut down from October 1st through October 7th to celebrate the Chinese Communist revolution. "National Day" essentially lasts a week and for us, that means no mail service out of China.

(Edit -- Although the National Day "Golden Week" is from October 1st to October 7th, as other have stated here, EMS

service is shut down only from October 1st to October 3rd)

Thats nuts! What a holiday!!

Its hard to believe they would shut down the entire country for 7 days LOL

Thats gotta cost them (chinese manufacturers) a lot of money in lost revenue.

I wish we had week long holidays here in Canada LOL

LOnnie

Damn, gota wait an extra 6 days for my BCE and 005 :( China gets a week holiday, and we get 1 lousy stinkin Columbus Day ! We should get a week off, the guy discovered that the earth was round for cryin out loud...

Edited by UB7

Where in fact China is shut down from the 1st to the 3rd of October (shipping resumes on the 4th) and the celebration is the Mid Autumn Festival. :rolleyes:

Andrew and I are emailing each other as we speak, and he confirms your 4 October date, Ken. But he called it "National Day". ^_^

Thats nuts! What a holiday!!

Its hard to believe they would shut down the entire country for 7 days LOL

Hello. The entire country of Brazil during carnival -- ESPECIALLY Rio.

Try to get something done the week preceeding Ash Wednesday, I dares ya. :lol:

BTW, you Americans have a lot more holidays than I remember as a child in England. Frankly, we used to enjoy having the Queen Mum around, since my kiddie school would take half-day off to serenade her at Clarence House. A WHOLE HALF-DAY! God, I miss her.

*pours G&T on the floor in memory*

It might pay when linking info that you do in fact read that info.....

Since 1999, the government has decreed every Chinese worker should enjoy three mandatory vacations a year -- the Golden Weeks. This week's autumn holiday, the Spring Festival, which coincides with the Lunar New Year, usually late in January or early in February, and the Labour Day holiday beginning May 1 are the only chances for many Chinese to travel.

And yes Victoria, National day is another term.

Ken ;)

Ooh, another lady on RWG? FINALLY! It's been me and Rima seemingly for years...

But seeing your .sig makes me wonder if your Mrs. P. ;)

Finally? olivia has been on the boards longer than I have ;)

What upsets me about the title of this thread is that it was based on a speculative google search and I had already posted the correct information for my clients within my sales section, the correct info is of course that China is open for business as from today.

Ken

Finally? olivia has been on the boards longer than I have ;)

So has Clive! But he doesn't usually post here...

What upsets me about the title of this thread is that it was based on a speculative google search and I had already posted the correct information for my clients within my sales section, the correct info is of course that China is open for business as from today.

How about using your magical super-duper califragilistic powers and alter the title? Or at least PM the member to do so. :)

No I'll not be altering threads to suit my own beliefs and the member has more than enough information to see that he was wrong and has chosen to leave the thread as it is.............which of course speaks volumes.

Ken

To get back on topic for just a moment-

I have a good tracking number from one of our collectors who shipped from China today (the 3rd).

This seems not as overwhelming as Chinese New Years. We will all get through it somehow.

Carl