When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

100 Most Popular Watches

Victoria

I saw this posted on RWI, and found it very interesting indeed. As voted by the readers of the gen watch site, The Watch Quote ("Luxury Portal Site"):

100 MOST POPULAR WATCHES

Rolex

Submariner - Sea-Dweller 4000 16600

Rolex

Submariner - Submariner Date 16610

Rolex

Daytona - Cosmograph Daytona 116519

Omega

Speedmaster - 3570.50.00

Rolex

Submariner - Submariner Date 16610LV

Rolex

Daytona - Cosmograph Daytona 116520

Omega

Seamaster - 2503.80.00

Rolex

GMT - GMT-Master II 16710

Panerai

Contemporary Collection - Marina 44mm PAM 00104

IWC

Aquatimer - IW354806 Aquatimer Cousteau Divers S

Interestingly enough, neither the 1665 nor the 6536 nor the 1675 are in the top 100. :unsure:

I knew a man like you would notice that, Nanuq! ;)

BTW:

Chopard

Mille Miglia - 16/8331

Chanel

J12 - Blanche H1008

Panerai

Historic Collection - Luminor Marina 44mm PAM 00005

These in the rep world would be MUCH higher.

Although the J12 doesn't get any write-ups on RWG, I am positive a lot of you chaps have bought this for your wives and girlfriends, as well as a HUGE section of ladies themselves have bought them from our collectors.

Not I, nor my mother, but we're very much the exception.

And the PAM 005 would possibly be Top 20.

I would also be curious to see a Rep Top10 popularity poll. Not by accuracy - we've been over that many times before- just by popularity.

I posted something similar on RWI itself.

I realise it cannot be done on RWG, and I think other rep forums should be allowed to vote, but is there a polling site which could stand such a lengthy list of choices? At least 50.

I wonder: Submarine, PO, SPM, Speedy, PAM111, Fiddy, SFSO, Chronomat Evolution, Link Chrono, Carrera, 3717, Cousteau Divers , Big Bang.

Sounds spot on for a potential Top 13. If you include DJs and SMP Chrono, as well as perhaps a few PAMs like the 177, and that could be our Top 20.

Like the Poll Tax, the RWG Collaboration watch, and electing a sex-pest, Nazi-fathered, steroid-abusing, Austrian-born "actor" as Governor of California, this poll is one of those things that "seemed like a good idea at the time" :whistling:

Honestly, I almost fell asleep scrolling through that predicatable and unimaginative list :yawn:

p.s. no vintage rollies??? :blink::thumbdown:

Panerai

Special Editions - Luminor Marina Militare 1950 47mm PAM 00217

So the 00127 didn't make the list? I've noticed more and more young successful types wearing PAM's here in the states now. A couple of young lawyers in the same building as I wear them and they also have matching Aston Martin's so I would venture to say they are gen. I also watched this new TV show called "Life" about some cop sent to prison wrongfully so he got millions and was set free and he was driving a Bentley and wearing a PAM.

Panerai

So the 00127 didn't make the list? I've noticed more and more young successful types wearing PAM's here in the states now. A couple of young lawyers in the same building as I wear them and they also have matching Aston Martin's so I would venture to say they are gen. I also watched this new TV show called "Life" about some cop sent to prison wrongfully so he got millions and was set free and he was driving a Bentley and wearing a PAM.

I trust Bently custom-fitted super comfy seats for him... :shutup2::pinch:

:lol:

Panerai

Yep...I can't go to bars or restaurants near my office (and now my apartment, having just moved) without seeing at least one. I'm not exaggerating either. I see at least 3 a day. I yearn for the days when I would wear my 112F and everyone had no clue what the giant hunk of metal on my wrist was. Oh well...

I would have to agree with the comments concerning the reason for this top 100 list, is as a result of the watches that 'The Watch Quote' is selling or has sold. On a number of other sites there are some conflicting reports listing the 'Top' 10 - 50 - 100, etc. Each list based on a different criteria.

Certainly most of the top 10 are fairly universal, but sales of a specific model on this list seems to be what constitutes its number on the list.

So the 00127 didn't make the list?

Ah well, as you can imagine with such a limited run (1950) there are so few of these that got bought, let alone are seen by others.

Another huge difference between the rep world and the gen world, where almost everyone seems to have Fiddies, gets one eventually, or at least has easy access to getting one.

I've noticed more and more young successful types wearing PAM's here in the states now. A couple of young lawyers in the same building as I wear them and they also have matching Aston Martin's so I would venture to say they are gen.

As mentioned, I live in a condo full of models and their high-powered boyfriends, amongst others (Thalia once lived in the Penthouse...) And I have yet to see a FRIKKIN PAM on anyone's wrist! WTF!

That's just me blowing off steam, not doubting you in any way. :p

I also watched this new TV show called "Life" about some cop sent to prison wrongfully so he got millions and was set free and he was driving a Bentley and wearing a PAM.

Heh. Most of the cops I've seen down here wearing Casios or MAYBE if they're a detective, a Seiko. :)