When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Vintage Room

k2222

What a tease! Here he promises a photo of a 1665 DR with gen dial and then..... disappears?
Maybe Oli's just waiting until this thread goes VIP ;):whistling:

Tsk! I think Ms. Understood is going to appear soon and scare some sense into the lad!
Eh? Is it the 'weekend' already then, time to dust off your dress? ;)

Please don't...just leave the old trout undisturbed wherever she may be :crazy:

NO!!!

Why create another duplicate section, just to make searching the information more difficult again? Personally, I'm strongly against splitting the brands to yet another subforum... now that we finally have everything in perfect order.

"Vintage forum" makes absolutely no sense to me. What would that forum have? Pics of MBW Rolexes and "vintage" PAM's, 90%... and some gens that a few members own? Why couldn't people post these to Rolex and Panerai forums (like now) is beyond me... "vintage forum" would be just a duplicate area, just like "Eyecandy".

Believe me, it's real pain to search information from the forums like RWI, where 1/3 of the Rolex posts go to "Eyecandy", 1/3 go to "Rolex Area"... and then we still have people who post this stuff to "General Discussion".

Subforum layout should be kept as simple as possible. We already have too many sections, imho... and creating more and more confusing subforums will just end up in a horrible mess. Instead of creating more subforums we should think how we could get our layout even simpler and more user/search friendly.

PS: There are thousands of vintage Rolex & PAM posts in the archives... placed in the correct Rolex & PAM subforums. You think all those should be moved again to "vintage room"? The hell freezes over before someone of the admin team accepts the job. It'd take MONTHS.

Two clich

I didn't realize all those problem with new subforum BT, but i just thought it could be great please for all those Vintage fans

I think it's a great idea (in principle), but for practical reasons... definitely not. Another problem with subforums like this is that they eventually become virtual graveyards after the first two, three weeks of enthusiasm boost is over.

Personally, I don't understand why do we need a separate forum section to post and enjoy our vintages. I once posted a thread like THIS, and it became quite popular. Feel free to bump it... or make a new one. :)

At first thought a Vintage forum seemed sensible. But the more I thought about it, the more I came to side with By-Tor, but not for the reason he stated. Considering that the majority of postings in the Rolex forum relate to vintage models (and mostly Subs & Seadwellers), I think that adding a Vintage forum would suck the life out of the Rolex forum.

At first thought a Vintage forum seemed sensible. But the more I thought about it, the more I came to side with By-Tor, but not for the reason he stated. Considering that the majority of postings in the Rolex forum relate to vintage models (and mostly Subs & Seadwellers), I think that adding a Vintage forum would suck the life out of the Rolex forum.

That's another good reason.

And besides, why the hell we should mix up PAMs and Rolexes in the same subforum... and then still have separate subforums for them? This makes absolutely ZERO sense to me.

Sorry guys, but more I think about it... this whole idea is something that women could come up with...i.e how to make simple things as complicated as possible. :lol: