When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Proper photo of gen Sub

Rocsen

I sold this to Blowers a few months ago and it is a Z serial from October 2006. I remember it well as I swapped it for an Sd before selling it to them in exchange for an IWC doppelchrono Fleiger. The cg's are not quite even on this one which is why I recognise it. The bezel insert is perfect, just not centered. Small world!!

I sold this to Blowers a few months ago and it is a Z serial from October 2006. I remember it well as I swapped it for an Sd before selling it to them in exchange for an IWC doppelchrono Fleiger. The cg's are not quite even on this one which is why I recognise it. The bezel insert is perfect, just not centered. Small world!!

Wow :D

I didn't know reps can have such imperfections. Especially the m's that don't line up. That can't be normal? I've never noticed that on any other gens. You sure you didn't flog them a modded MBW? :lol:

How much profit do retailers actually make off second hand Subs?

I always wonder about this. Because I know Rolex pretty much holds it's value, but that doesn't mean you'll get what you want when you sell it.

Edited by Rocsen

Blowers usually work on around 4-500 pounds on a Sub based on trade in values. Never pay a premium for a Submariner or Seadweller now because availability is much improved. 3 Rolex dealers close to me all have Subs in the window now plus SD's too. Here is a wristt pic of that same SuBmariner.

ultimatesubpo1.jpg

and the SD is swapped it for

sddi5.jpg

Thanks watcher. Nice wrist shots!

I'm starting to like the SD more and more ^_^

It just has such a sleek look without the cyclops

I'm still wondering about those m's. You reckon thats normal? Doesn't Rolex have like a standard print that goes on all their dial faces?

Edited by Rocsen

I have had many many Rolex watches through my hands in the last 10 years and dial print varies very much as do other small details. We as rep men/women look at the very smallest thing and over analyse every time. All genuine watch makers vary slightly whether it be a different dial print to how high the crystal sits above the bezel and how the bezel feels even. It does not make them fake but rather it makes them individual. They are generally hand assembled and that will always lead to differences.

As to the Seadweller, you are right. It is a much more imposing watch on the wrist and the fake will be out in early november so watch this space!