When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Davidsen Quality

Jawo

I know this is somewhat off topic, but we've also got TWP. Sure he is new compared to some other dealers, but still... You can purchase watches from him, with all the mainstream mods and I've mostly heard good things about him.

The problem with a lot of these dealers who start out with excellent quality and QC and then end up becoming some of the most horrible dealers to end with, is that their passion is not watches, but making money. And once they realize that they are making thousands and they can't keep up with orders, QC starts to deteriorate until it reaches nonexistence. I don't know, I think thats pretty normal in any business sense. If Rolls Royce all of a sudden start mass productions, don't you think their quality would go down considerably? Quality would be worse than the hand assemble cars, but the price would still be the same because of the brand...

As long as we have dealers who are active in the forum, participate in the forum and not only in terms of sales and what they can offer, ones who love watches themselves, we'll never have any issues...

My 2 euro cents

Regards,

VW

Hi all,

I just gotten DSN's 183E. Great watch! But about QC before shipping..... He found out the movement had some issues.

He took 3 dats servicing and testing before sending it.

Watch is fine, movement is sound and only lost 5 to 10 sec's in the last 3 days!

Good luck with making you're choice!

Alex

i have /had 4 watches from him - only 1 had a slight problem that was fixed with rivers springbars.

all of then have the extra quality feel - don't want to say genuine feel - but way better than other

stock Panerai Reps.

Frank

i have /had 4 watches from him - only 1 had a slight problem that was fixed with rivers springbars.

all of then have the extra quality feel - don't want to say genuine feel - but way better than other

stock Panerai Reps.

Frank

I have heard the DSN AR coating is too strong and if fact takes away from the watch b/c the gen doesn't have such a strong coat... is this true????

The AR issue is a tough one- I prefer AR on any watch...I think it adds to the 'genuine' appearance, regardless of whether the actual watch uses it to as strong a degree.

I also feel that crystals are decieving- they're not like a wrong dial print or something- they generally have an unconscious effect. I could see if the AR gave off a reflective hue that was wrong in colour- but I strongly doubt if the presence of anti-reflective properties within the crystal itself would be sufficient to cue anyone of it being a rep.

Especially with the supposed variance in the AR used on the gens.

The AR issue is a tough one- I prefer AR on any watch...I think it adds to the 'genuine' appearance, regardless of whether the actual watch uses it to as strong a degree.

The AR is not double-strong on my PAM 112. I feel it is PERFECT, and looks close to gen compared to the Risti members' photos I've seen during their Wristies.

I too have heard that the AR on DSN's Fiddy is different from the more yellow-muted tone on the gen ones. I just love the look of mine though. It's a domed watch, and the AR on it makes it look gen. It's hard to explain -- but it looks SMOOTHLY elegant with it.

Both of my DSNs are priceless to me.

The AR is not double-strong on my PAM 112. I feel it is PERFECT, and looks close to gen compared to the Risti members' photos I've seen during their Wristies.

I too have heard that the AR on DSN's Fiddy is different from the more yellow-muted tone on the gen ones. I just love the look of mine though. It's a domed watch, and the AR on it makes it look gen. It's hard to explain -- but it looks SMOOTHLY elegant with it.

Both of my DSNs are priceless to me.

So you have a DSN Fiddy and DSN 112 and are pleased with the AR on both? I am planning on getting a DSN 111, anyone comment on it's AR?

In my person opinion and I know others love them. They are the most overratted watches in the rep world.

The dial accuracy is just terrible.

On the new 177H he finally got the font right but then cuts out the numbers too large. I could spot a davidsen as a rep in a heartbeat. If andrew or josh sold a watch with any of his dials they would be skewered on here. For some reason people are blind when it comes to this guy.

His case work is nice though.

He should just admit he cannot make a dial to save his life and get some help.

I would be first in line for one of those watches.

the AR compared his 112 to my gen 000 is fine - no worry s here.

the only thing you could complain are the cgs and crown.

but cgs are better in his latest offerings ... the crown is fixable.

i can not see big flaws in his dial printing but i have only a 112 here ;)

the fault that bothers me most on all Panerai rep - the L SWISS MADE L size and placement is

perfect on the 112.

Frank

He should just admit he cannot make a dial to save his life and get some help.

I would be first in line for one of those watches.

I believe he has been given advice recenly on some dials. The member himself recently said so in a related DSN thread.

When buying such a pricey watch one must use common sense -- I compared photographs for hours, as well as mined the knowledge of Paneristi here and in other forums.

I bought the two DSN watches which are closest to perfection -- the Fiddy, and the 112. I am waiting for a better 249, but I believe his 232 is very good too.

DVSN is a genuine guy and in my experience a gentleman to deal with.

-Some of his parts are of a very good standard - Sapphire, Movements and some of his recent case/CG combos are of an excellent standard.

-Some of the dials are excellent - New 217 , 082 , 112, 5218-207A , early 5218-201A etc......got to give respect for these

- Some parts - in my experience are critically flawed - poor fit on thick brushed custom CG , spring loaded custom crowns that "snapped" , custom cases that had poor threads for CG.....believe all have been addressed.

In balance and with many purchases under my belt I think that DVSN's watches are only as good as some of the other dealers.

You pay a slight premium for a lumed-dial , cannon pin fix in practical terms.....the rest of the extras are "nice" but not critical to lasting satisfaction

IMHO you simply cannot beat selecting your watch around the dial - and then getting it lumed by a recognised "lume-master" such as Ziggy or Vacuum for example.

Get the dial right and you'll love your watch for a long time .....all the other modding touches can be picked up with ease along the way .....but just study the dials and compare to gen to find the right watch for you.

FGD

Ive only had really good experience with david san. Hes been super cool to me, and ive bought 3 watches and a bunch of parts. He was even working on a ceramic coating at one point, and he was sending me ideas and drawings. A very nice, and enthusiastic person.

I bought one watch from him where the movement holders where missing. Mind you, this was a couple of years ago, just when he started of doing whole watches instead of only case sets. I was about to email him, and the postman knocked. The same afternoon came a little letter with a set of movement holders. He must have remembered that he forgot:-)

He has always been keen on checking up on weird things for me, such as a pvd coated caseback, with the saphire glass. Never a problem, even though i never ended up ordering.

I can only recommend him. A super guy.

I have to agree with many of the other comments here I'm completely underwhelmed by Davidsen's offerings. I have given his watches a try on several occations (due to many glowing reviews) but I have not been impressed, stripped lugs, and crown guard screws, loose sloppy levers drive me crazy and are inexcusable for watches at his price point. Some have gone so far as to call him an artist PLEASE with non existant QC and ever present issues with his dials I will not be wasting time or money with his watches (sold my others off, good riddence) and the AR on his watches while nice is a dead rep giveaway especially the Fiddy that blue hue is completely wrong for that model. Best bet pick a nice "starter" from one of the collectors on board and mod it out, the end result will be much more satisfying than anything Davidsen offers that's my method of choice.