When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Where's the best place to buy out-of-box PAM 111H?

godzilla

Hi guys,

I am quite new to PAM so i need your advise. I've been reading reviews and tips on how to buy 111H for a while, but the more I read the more I get confused.

1. So, can anybody tell me where's the best place to buy PAM111H? I prefer unmodded PAM since my budget is about $350 max.

2. I read couple reviews about davidsen, some people says his new ultimate + new dial is the best unmodded so far, but some says the dial is wrong and also reports issue of his springbar. So... is davidsen PAM actually good or bad? And can anybody pls explain to newbie like me what's the difference between davidsen's and other dealer's PAM?

3. Any suggestion regarding my search for 111H would be appreciated.

Thank you very much

2. I read couple reviews about davidsen, some people says his new ultimate + new dial is the best unmodded so far, but some says the dial is wrong and also reports issue of his springbar. So... is davidsen PAM actually good or bad? And can anybody pls explain to newbie like me what's the difference between davidsen's and other dealer's PAM?

Since you've done some research (something imperative before anyone comes to the forum to ask questions for the first time), let me then ask you -- Davidsen's 111h is out of your maximum price range reach. I mean, please email him, but last I heard it's more than $350, especially including Western Union fees. So I wouldn't even bother with DSN if that's your criteria.

You have several choices.

A cheapie $100 Silix version, but not "best". A great TWP unmodded version, but I believe not cheap these days. An Andrew/Joshua 111h, around $158 not including shipping (I have two from Andrew), but not totally accurate. Or you can hunt down the Member Trade areas for one, if you upgrade your Membership.

It depends what you're looking for really.

Guest porsche356a

For your needs, taking in to consideration your financial constaints, TWPs may work best. He is in the US, but requires a 2-3 week lead time. But it definitely meets your requirements. This may also work as a solid starting base (PT).

Good Luck! ;)

If you are asking for the best looking 111h you will be happier if you save up the cash and spring for a NICE one. If you jump the gun, and buy a half-assed rep, knowing full well that for a little more you COULD have gotten a 99%... you'll kick yourself, and likely buy the modded watch anyways.

Unfortunately NO-Angus does not have the super-lume to my knowledge

(But I believe you can request lume on sausage dials from him, but I've not seen them yet)

I just ordered an ulitmate 111h from davidsen.

The total cost of the watch with one strap was 345.00

I used xoom to pay him and my fees were only 14.99 to send money from new york to hong kong..

so total cost came to 360.00

Since your budget is 350.00, i'm assuming you could spend another 10 and get the davidsen if that is what you are looking for.

I used xoom to pay him and my fees were only 14.99 to send money from new york to hong kong..

so total cost came to 360.00

Since your budget is 350.00, i'm assuming you could spend another 10 and get the davidsen if that is what you are looking for.

Thanks guys for all comments. I really appreciate that. Khurram, thanks for the tip about usinf xoom over WU, it could really save some money. Also, can u pls tell me how did you get that price, $345? I received email from davidsen and he's offering his 111H ultimate for $360. Anyway, $15 is not much difference.. maybe he raised the price.

So my last question before ordering from davidsen are:

1. With this price (assume $360+$15 Xoom), $375, are there better choices out there?

2. Since davisen's PAM is a little bit higher than other dealers'out-of-box, can anybody in comparison between davidsen's and other rep? Any pcooments and photos would be really helpful.

I hope I didn't ask too much, just want to educate myself before making decision as well as to make sure I will get the watch that best suite my need and budget (not best PAM of course ). I am really impressed with this community for the help and amazingly quick response. Thx again guy!

I'm impressed with Angus's rep, really the only missing thing is the lum, I don't know....Go with Angus and get everything but lum, Go with Davidsen, get great lum but dial isn't correct and crown is too small. I used to really like the 111, but after seeing so many silly little problems with varous reps the whole thing has turned me off and to be honest I would rather put the money into a gen, but I understand that's just my take on things.

It's listed as more than that on another forum. He is generous to repeat customers, but seeing, Khurram that you are new (at least HERE), I'm presuming you have some nice bargaining skills.

As for the followup questions, Godzilla, I think now is the time to hit Search or to have a quick browse over the Panerai threads. The questions you ask have been answered at length in other posts -- the long and short of it is, it depends what you are looking for, which you still haven't mentioned.

You want good lume, nice dial, good proportions, etc. etc? There just too many variables.

Somehow, I suspect you'll like TWP better for your budget. My 2p.

Guest watchbuff

Hey all

I ordered a PAM111H from Davidsen for $350.00 with the cannon pin fix, lumed dial and gen sapphire. the rest I may mod myself as per the guru's instructions here.

Go with Davidsen, he seems to have a solid rep. Not 100% but who really is.

The PAM111E I am offering has not superlume but very good one, upgrading is part of the pleasure of collecting reps, when you get tired of the decent weak lume and you can just get a superlumed dial and hands and upgrade it by yourself (change the dial) or let one of our experts to do that.

PAM111H has been released for quite a while and PAM111E will be less and less, as I can see this PAM111E is qiute good in all aspects so it is still a good rep to collect, that is why you see me offering this replica, this PAM111E need me to take case from factory A, dial from factory B, movement from factory C and assemble and mod the watch (thick crown and cannon pin) at a watch smith.

If you dont like the PAM111E, I can also provide PAM111H with thick crown, too, some of you may have already known I can provide superlumed PAM111H thus here we have a quite 'perfect' PAM111H, it is not good to talk about price here and please feel free to contact me if you are interested.

My e-mail is puretime2005@gmail.com, PM is also fine.

• 4 weeks later...

Hello and thanks to all who posted here essentially building yet another informative PAM thread.

Question; Would I fond davidsen in the Collectors forum, if so what alias does he go by.

I posted a topic in the general discussion forum asking what watch suggestions members had.

The result of that post is that I have decided to spring on a PAM111 H or E, have not decided that yet.

I will purchase it with a thick brown strap with bold stiching as well as a SS bracelet, if possible.

Now on to selecting a collector/member/person to buy from.

I don't mind purchasing used either, hint hint, to anyone wanting to part with one...

Sorry for hijacking the post.

Robb AKA Flamemax

I have Angus's "Ultimate" 111H and will be writing a review on it over the weekend. It has superlume and yes everything is pretty perfect. Only two issues - colour of the lettering some find not quite off white enough (I find its pretty close int he flesh) and the "swiss made" text is like 1/10th of a millimetre too close to the 6.

Other than that the AR, Lume, CG, thick crown, movement etc are spot on

I got 1 of TWP's lightsaber 111h's...Relumed with his special mix and can pin fix for $125 (for the watch) and $120 for the upgrades (asian 6947) so $245 total..I personally think that his lume blows everyone else's outa the water but thats just from pics, we'll see how it is when it comes but im sure its nothing short of amazing...It should get here in the next 2 weeks (hopefully) i'll post pics no worries, i'm very excited about this 1 I just got 2 new bob straps, a black ostrich and black sportivo, both of which kick ass!

i dont think it can possibly get any better than this...(sorry for stealing your pics TWP) I would like to see it next to a DSN...I spoke with watchbuff and he said the lume on his DSN 111h is really good..

Panerai-111H-Mod.jpg

Edited by UB7