When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Baume & Mercier Riviera Arrives

lanikai

My B&M riviera just arrived today and I must say I was not expecting what came out of the box... :o

I have nothing to compare it to as far as a genuine or a genuine pic... but it is a stunning watch .. up close and in person.. the recessed sub dials and the curve of the bezel .... the sharp lines of the Roman numerals and the fairly good lume out of the box add to the "detail" of this rep, after a Ziggy lume it should be fantastic .. because of the very thin detailed lines outside the lume ... the dial hinges on black/ash ... very unusual and appealing (again for "me") ;)

I like the look of the silver subs dials .. not overly silver...the bracelet is another eye catcher.. rounded .(resembles the curve of the UPO bracelet) and the triple clasp (like the VC) is another plus (for me)

it is a heavy watch even without the bracelet ...as I say.. i am not doing a "review" just my personal view of this rep... so before anyone takes it apart .. let me enjoy it for at least a day... :p

Here are my simple pics...

post-2172-1192584378_thumb.jpg

thank you for taking a look

Aloha,

Lanikai

post-2172-1192584303_thumb.jpg

post-2172-1192585382_thumb.jpg

wow that looks great!! congrats on the new piece lanikai. :D in the description it says that there is AR coating....how is the AR on yours?

thank you IT.

the AR is very faint.. the 'claim' is that a gen. was used.... to tell you the truth if the crystal did have heavy AR it would really take away from the "look" of the dial .. the dimensions of the numerals and sub dials really do "play" on the visual effects .. on the eye ... it appears to go in and out of a three d visual

I really need to study the Photo sections by Pug and Jiro ... :rolleyes:

Good looking! reminds me of the AP's

thank you ... yes it does but is the AP's bezel rounded ?? I have yet to procure one of them

Important Note...

I have a 7.5" wrist... and the bracelet fits nicely without adjustment.. so those of you with large wrists... better take note you will need one or two more links..!!!!! :rolleyes:

thank you ... yes it does but is the AP's bezel rounded ?? I have yet to procure one of them

AP Royal Oak bezels are circular on the inside and an octagon on the outside (8 sides I think). It's an old design which seems to have inspired many.

Now this watch... didn't think I'd be bothered having not seen it, but looking at your pictures, my interest is definitely piqued!

Baume et Mercier is so under-estimated these days.

It used to be a manufacture once.

Anyway, congrats on your new B & M (sounds classier than B & R to me, at least).

Your triple adjustable deployment clasp looks very nice.

For reference, here is my genuine one:

BaumeEtMercierStephane_PS800_09.jpg

Enjoy your new Baume et Mercier Lanikai.

Cheers

Stephane

You sure are brave for 'testing the waters' with a newly-released watch, but it does have definite visual appeal. I don't know much about the gen, I can't even guesstimate the retail price... but it looks like a very "subtle but elegant" piece. It seems like a great alternative to the huge amount of Breitling CEs going around...,

Baume et Mercier is so under-estimated these days.

It used to be a manufacture once.

Anyway, congrats on your new B & M (sounds classier than B & R to me, at least).

Your triple adjustable deployment clasp looks very nice.

For reference, here is my genuine one:

BaumeEtMercierStephane_PS800_09.jpg

Enjoy your new Baume et Mercier Lanikai.

Cheers

Stephane

Yes Stephane .. one look at your engraving and you would know that yours is the genuine ... it looks diamond etched.. very nice.. alot of suavivity..(new word.. made it up myself..) now I know they got the spelling correct thanks for the "reference" :p

OOps.. Ma BADD B&R

You sure are brave for 'testing the waters' with a newly-released watch, but it does have definite visual appeal. I don't know much about the gen, I can't even guesstimate the retail price... but it looks like a very "subtle but elegant" piece. It seems like a great alternative to the huge amount of Breitling CEs going around...,

Actually corgi.. I realize that we are dealing with replications,.. remember the first really good rep (in your mind) that you got.. well these day's I had to do a reality check on this being "a hobby" and not get so bent on exact replication, this is supposed to be fun at the same time as rewarding ... .. so with that said .. I purchased it based on how I felt about the look.. not really if it could pass for a genuine.. but since I did get it I may as well post pics in case someone else can benefit from the "flaws" or not of the watch.. for the good of.. blah..blah .. you know the line..

and thank you for your kind words.. :)

Lani

AP Royal Oak bezels are circular on the inside and an octagon on the outside (8 sides I think). It's an old design which seems to have inspired many.

Now this watch... didn't think I'd be bothered having not seen it, but looking at your pictures, my interest is definitely piqued!

yes Chronus.. they say Plagarism (sp) is the best form of flatery .. so there is nothing original in the world... but you are correct these shapes are appearing more on different models .. like the styles of cars..(lines) this bezel has the same beveling too.

Important Note...

I have a 7.5" wrist... and the bracelet fits nicely without adjustment.. so those of you with large wrists... better take note you will need one or two more links..!!!!! :rolleyes:

At about 1/2" to a link, I'd need at least 4, maybe 5. Does the collector sell individual links?

At about 1/2" to a link, I'd need at least 4, maybe 5. Does the collector sell individual links?

Damn Dog.. where you wearin your watch ?? sound like a forearm shot for wrist check.. :huh: ...

I'm sure your collector can manage something..my wrist did shrink from yesterday.. after the gym it is alway's a little bigger.. so it was actually a little loose today... but you are going to definately need extra links

big dog.. big dog.. :D

On wednesday i had the gen in my hand and I could barely notice any AR and it was the same excat model as this one (nice watch by the way)

I beleive the lday behind the counter said $3100 USD i'm almost certain of it.. But Since I was wearing my SFSO, the B&M felt very light none the less it's a very nice original design watch. And while on thatr section I spootted some other non-chrono B&M that should be rept, they looked a lot like the Portugese from IWC.

But lately every new watch that is released is chrono. They must be saving the ETA's for the next price hike..lol

Nah Lanikai, my wrist is just a little larger than 9.5". If I were to try to wear my watch half-way up my arm, (which probably fits the "When does a watch become gay" criteria) I'd need something more like a 16" dog collar.

Hey POTR what part of Seattle?? I used to live there..

Nice one !

I'd like to know if the inside edges of the double deployant clasp are polished or if you can see the "raw" steel ?

Also, how easy/difficult are the links to remove ?

(I have two reps where it's a nightmare, and I decided to pay 200% attention on that from now on)

Thx

Actually Lanikai, I am in Puyallup (home of Megan Qwan), and my day job is in Fife (home of the latest domestic "road side bombs"), just saying Seattle usually saves the time of answering the question, where the heck is that?

Well if you don't know the annual Puyallup Fair ... then you just haven't been a world traveler ... best apples I've ever had :D

great view of Mt. Ranier ... if I remember correctly

Nice one !

I'd like to know if the inside edges of the double deployant clasp are polished or if you can see the "raw" steel ?

Also, how easy/difficult are the links to remove ?

(I have two reps where it's a nightmare, and I decided to pay 200% attention on that from now on)

Thx

Sorry for the late reply.. yes the inside of the deployment clasp is polishes.. the entire deployment clasp is highly polished

The liks are a peice of cake.. if I sy that then you know it's easy.. (screws) .. i took one off but found it too snug .. like I said earlier if you have a large wrist.. (bigger than 7.5" ) then you need to ask your collector for extra links

• 3 weeks later...