When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

review: IWC 3717

scoobs1971

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Could someone provide a link for the ETA day/date wheels for this watch? I'm in the EU if that makes a difference.

Thanks.

A

Cousins UK is where you need to be. Unfortunately their site has been changed and all the old archive links to the right parts won't work anymore. But if you look for Valjoux 7750 parts you'll find them.

Datewheel: VAL775025571WB3

Daywheel: VAL775025611WB3

Each around GBP 3,-

Good luck!

Edited by scoobs1971

• 2 months later...
One more swiss powered beauty on Timefactors NATO:

WOW, looks stunning on G10, I bet this is a 22mm version?!

Just ordered a 3717 from PT.

I hope it will arrive before the Chinese new year holidays start...

Also trying to get this strap from HKTAN:

CeramicDoppelonDistressedWeather-1.jpg

I think I will like this more 'old school' strap more than a plain black croc. Although black with white stitching (like from TWB) could be great as well... ;)

Also trying to get this strap from HKTAN:

CeramicDoppelonDistressedWeather-1.jpg

I think I will like this more 'old school' strap more than a plain black croc. Although black with white stitching (like from TWB) could be great as well... ;)

I ordered this HKTan strap last October and it's still not in. You'd better be very patient if you order with Aaron...

The TWB crocs are very decent fro the price and give it a dressy look. From what I understand TWB is also selling pilot straps somewehere this month.

For great looking pilot straps try this: http://www.steinhartwatches.de/index.php?i...mp;Sel_Cat_ID=1

I have not ordered yet but they do look nice. The straps are 22mm but it should be no problem.

Don't know about the 22mm... I also had a 22mm Pilot strap of which I needed to shave off 1 mm to make it fit. Not too happy with the result, tough.

First off, all of you guys' 3717's are stunning. But that being said, is it truly a 'super rep'? I guess it depends on your definition. My definition of a super rep is one that comes 90% accurate out of the box. From what I can tell, it takes lume, datewheel swap, and now double AR mods to make this a super rep. Given that these are pretty easy fixes, why can't we get it like that from the factory, making this truly a super rep in my book?

• 3 months later...

It's been almost 8 months since I posted this pictorial.

Meanwhile I have upgraded my watch with K2222 double AR, ETA DW's and a OEM Big Pilot strap, which really is a big improvement.

When I - for some reason I forgot - took the dial off the movement I found out that the quality of the dial painting sucks. In the pic on the left you can see on the edges near 6 that the paint got off. Also when another member tried to relume the hands of his 3717, the paint fell off too. Be warned that extreme care is needed when you handle dial & hands.

I ordered a replacement dial from Angus (on the right in the pic). It turned out that the text 'IWC Schaffhausen' and the markings and numbers on the subdials were painted 'greyish' off-white instead of clear white as on the first batch and gen.

There also seems to exist another new incorrect version with thinner 3, 6, 9 & 12 markers (good!), but with the numbers 1, 2, ...11 lumed (wrong).

So far it seems that the first batch of 3717s (from EL?) are still the best. If you have one.... you'd better keep it.

post-4081-1212600201_thumb.jpg