When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Best 1665 - White or DRSD

1665fan

I think that the general concensus is that the MBW white dial is a bit more accurate (or should I say, less inaccurate) than the red. However, neither are close enough to fool an expert.

The backs of the MBW are correct for the red, but incorrect for the white (although believe that some of the correct GW case backs have shown up lately).

For me, it's red only. The red watch has a mystique that the GW does not share. (Plus, I love the Superdome, which was not original to the GW).

Uh ?

RolexSeaDwellerGreatWhite_800_24.jpg

why not both :o

RolexSDDoubleRedMM_PS800_10.jpg

:p

I was waiting for you to reply like this, Stephane!!!!!! You have two of the best reps I've ever seen (and I look to them frequently when I am in a bad mood). I still wonder who is the pure modder/artist ;).

Since a vote is requested i say double red, no doubt, and more likely to be found on a wrist !!!

OK Stephane that was just not funny. No way no how. The poor chap wants to know which one to choose and you go and show off those two beauties, he has no choice now, you've just cost him twice as much. Have you no heart?

Hmmm, I could have posted 3 :D

Stay tuned, the third one will come soon :wub:

...although believe that some of the correct GW case backs have shown up lately...

could you tell me where a correct GW caseback can be found?

... I love the Superdome, which was not original to the GW..

Uh... didn't no this... so the GW was only diliverred with the flat T39?

F, nothing wrong with a T-39 Superdome on a Great White. The gen crystal is a thing of beauty, even on a Seiko. :D

This white gen one was snagged up recently for $13.5K, plus shipping. No flat top on this one.

1655raildial4yf1.jpg

1655raildial3tw7.jpg

Sweet, looks like a rail dial too!