When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Your Favourite Ballad

jonthebhoy

A bit harsh Ken. People forget that Rod the Mod was/is a great songwriter as well.

Such wonderful tunes as Handbags & Gladrags, Maggie May, The Killing of Georgie, You Wear It Well....etc. etc.

I could go on and on..........and he's a big Glasgow Celtic fan, so I won't hear a bad word said against him! :bleh:

JTB

I was awaiting your response, knew you'd be a supporter of Rod being a mad tic fan lol.

Rythmn of My Heart is classic and every beat of my heart isn't bad either.

Not a massive fan of the Great Amercan Songbook pish he's been doing recently since he had probs with his voice and lost the ability to do his gravely rock tunes. But hey Millions of Yanks luv the stuff so who am i?

I had the pleasure of spending a weekend with Gavin Sutherland a couple of years ago (Sutherland Brothers and Quiver) and he still gets healthy royalty cheques every six months or so for Rod's version of Gavin and Ian's song 'Sailing'.

They won't hear a bad thing against him either. ;)

JTB

I had the pleasure of spending a weekend with Gavin Sutherland a couple of years ago (Sutherland Brothers and Quiver) and he still gets healthy royalty cheques every six months or so for Rod's version of Gavin and Ian's song 'Sailing'.

They won't hear a bad thing against him either. ;)

JTB

Wonder why? :g:

Great Songs from an Englishman singin' bout how much he loves Scotland. Now there is the kinda englishman that I like, one who knows that the grass is indeed greener on the other side.

2 I can't stop listening to are:

Hurt - written by Trent Reznor and sung by Johnny Cash on his CD The Man Comes Around

Right Where it Belongs - again by Trent Reznor but this time also sung by him on the CD by Nine Inch Nails called With Teeth

Peace,

Steve

I'm totally with JTB and Edge concerning Rod Stewart, but then again my idea of great music is Nancy Sinatra and Pee-Wee Herman...

Any problems with that?

And since I'm in a REALLY bad mood at this moment, let me add that I'd appreciate knowing what's happened to johnnyboy. I thinik some people know, and are just not telling. Which means that it's none of my (our) business.

So why do I keep feeling that it IS my business?

Any problems with that too?

Finally, to the asshat who has been putting me on spam lists because I was stupid enough to leave the access to my email address open, I've closed it, you fu$§*tard.

Also, please think of me when the [censored] starts hitting the fan in your life - because it will. And sooner than you think....

Have a nice day, all.

These ballads y'all mentioned are nice and sappy, maybe would listen to one while sipping Sherry or something, not! No one mentioned KISS, Motorhead, or Guns N Roses. They sang ballads didn't they? Metal!!!!!!! That's where it's at! But, hey, I'm just a old headbanger.

These ballads y'all mentioned are nice and sappy, maybe would listen to one while sipping Sherry or something, not! No one mentioned KISS, Motorhead, or Guns N Roses. They sang ballads didn't they? Metal!!!!!!! That's where it's at! But, hey, I'm just a old headbanger.

I'll list the first ballad I really liked, KISS Beth. I used to pretend I was Peter Chris.

Some other favorites in no particular order

Green Day - Wake Me Up When September Ends

Scorpions - Holiday

Garth Brooks - The Dance

Natilie Marchant/ 10k Maniacs - Verdi Cries

Brooks and Dunn - She Used to be Mine

Green Day - Good Riddance

Billy Joel - Scenes from an Italian Resteraunt, but there are many more

Elton John - too many to name just one

Montgomery Gentry - Lonely and Gone

Jimmy Buffet - Boston

Robert Earl Keen - I'm Coming Home

Edited by robertrinaustin

Still Loving You - Scorpions

Fly to the Angels - Slaughter

Alone Again - Dokken

Save A Prayer - Duran Duran

Headed for a Heartbreak - Winger

Love Bites - Def Leppard

Bringin On The Heartbreak - Def Leppard

Hey...I'm an old metal head 70's and 80's kid. What can I say?

Edited by SubFrog