When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Review of the modded IWC Ingenieur IW322701 replica

Seadweller4000

frontpage.jpg

For 'tis the sport to have the Ingenieur

Hoist with his own petard: and 't shall go hard

But I will delve one yard below their mines,

And blow them at the moon: O, 'tis most sweet,

When in one line two crafts directly meet.

William Shakespeare, Hamlet, 3. Act, Scene 4.

Stronger, more resistant, larger and more technical, the Ingenieur from IWC is back.

Now, 2 years after continue of the production, it feels like it had never been gone.

The origin of this line goes back to 1944 when Albert Pellaton created a new mechanism for automatic winding. He invented the seated spring rotor and the pawl winding mechanism that improved the energy transmission of the barrel spring, making it the most robust system to date. In the 1950s, this Calibre 8521 gave birth to the first watches called ‘Ingenieur’ that had a classic appearance but were technically very refined, such as their complete protection from magnetic fields.

8521.jpg

Over the years, IWC’s Ingenieur established itself as one of the most solid watches of its era, culminating perhaps with the Ingenieur SL, designed by G

Great read! Appreciate the research and effort you put into these reviews! :)

The Inge is a fabulous rep. As you say, it feels very well made, with smooth edges.

On youtube, you can see the http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_FoJdNjaY7U... One very interesting thing that the watch in the video has not only short hands, but also the Asian datefont!! 2.23 out in the video you can clearly see a closeup of the datefont! :blink:

youtube_inge.jpg

I hate to just jump on the bandwagon - but a fantastic review. I find it interesting how this watch and the VC Overseas seem to be poised at the exact same buyer. I have a VC on my wrist right now as a matter of fact...

Thanks again!

-B

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 3 months later...