When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Tag Heuer Tiger Woods Golf watch review

taiji

Thought of sharing my review with members here in RWG.

Square case watch has never been appealing to me. I will not even consider at it if it runs on quartz movement. However, after a trip to the AD. I think my thinking change as I was totally captivated by the limited edition Tag Heuer Tiger wood golf watch.

With the mixture of finely brushed titanium and SS casing, this watch weigh super light and unlike tradition watches, there is no clasp to close at the bottom of the bracelet. Instead, it uses a black silicon bracelet with exceptional elasticity for optimum comfort (Silicon bracelet can be trimmed for resizing to fit perfectly). The clasp is on the main watch case where it comes with double safety (push button at 10 and 2 o'clock) integrated using a patented lock and unlocking system. Another special thing is that the crown is at 9 o'clock to avoid wounding the wrist during a swing. The movement used is a swiss quartz movement and water resistance of 50m. Dimensions are L: 37.5 by W : 36.7mm by 10.5mm thick. With its sleek design, light weight and wearing comfort, it is absolutely an ideal watch not only for golf but other sports as well.

This limited edition golf watch has 2 versions. Version 1 is the first launch in year 2003 and a new face lift for version 2

Left Version 1 and right version 2

1568844523_03261edbc7.jpg

1568844677_d5d0bb9fc2.jpg

Although both version uses the same case an silicon bracelet, the most obvious difference is in the dial design (version 1 has

Edited by taiji

Thx for this review : I have been thinking about getting it now and then. But there are several reps on the market, and I'm afraid to get the worst. Also I was very doubtful about the strap quality. You raised my doubts on this specific question. I hate cheap straps, and for this rep, impossible to change it.

Very interesting, really. :)

Very very well made review. Good research!

I have also considered this watch several times, but the SS instead of titanium put me off.

Sometimes I wonder why the rep factories choose to make close to 1:1 copies of some slighty odd watches, like this one and the new Baume & Mercier chrono...

This should definently be linked to the Tag Heuer buyers gudie! :)

Yeah this is a ncie review, i also had the chance to try one on at a local AD, felt very good on the wrist. And the rep price is terrific for such quality details like the ones mentioned on your review. Not a bad quartz if I may say so myself.

I have more reviews made but yet to release them as I'm not sure if my reviews are ok. Anyway, Thanks guys... :p

@pix

The difference is in the movement used. Swiss quartz or asia quartz. Don't be fooled (which I nearly fell for it) by the better looking dial with the correct painted green red Tag logo. The dealers also made mistake and claim that it is using swiss quartz inside until I ask them to open up the case.

The cheaper asia version look better comestically while the swiss looks off as they use the wrong and rusty looking metal plate tag logo.

• 4 months later...

A small free BUMP for this excellent review.

I went for the Version 3, as I prefer it from the aesthetics point of view.

Paid 135 USD shipped, including the box etc... (which by the way are really well executed). Even got the Tag Heuer Paper bag :lol:

Nothing to do with some prices we see around.

The movement IS a Swiss quartz (Ronda).

Actually, I'm 99,9 % sure that this is the exact same watch as sold by TT or PC for 238 USD + shipping.

And if I take the risk to blame them here, it's really because I paid half the price (or let's say they sell it double price) than what it's worse. That's not acceptable.

I've been hesitating on this model a lot due to the strap, and probably because I had other priorities.

Actually I like it, the level of finishing is excellent externally, could be a bit better "internally" (the part that folds/unfolds. Well, I'm speaking of tiny things, which will probably not disturb many people. At least not for the price.

The strap does take dust and is very soft. Softness is not a flaw in itself. But often a sign of poor quality, at least when I compare this strap to the other rubbers I own.

Well, I must say I saw (could not touch) the gen in an A.D. : surely took dust too (or the A.D. showcase was dirty :lol:) , although the rubber was obviously of better quality. All these little squares are worsening the phenomenon.

I can't say it's a bad strap however : the TAG HEUER LOGO is sharp, unlike some very cheap rubber I tried (Omega for instance).

The trick : apply some car plastic cleaner or silicone based solution on the outer side (to avoid contact with the skin).

The seller was fast (shipped EMS and got it within the week)

I'm now wondering if I should have it AR coated or not... It's almost 50% of the value of the thing but would definitely make the dial look much better... and closer to the gen. Especially the holes.

A good compromise is to get the white dial.

A pictorial to follow asap...

• 1 month later...

Gents a couple of questions on this wonderful timepiece! I am really attracted to the design and comfort of this watch btw!

1.can we pls see some wrist shots, as I am concerned that the watch is too small compared to the ones I have and have got underway(ORIS CC)!

2.Is the crystal really sapphire?

3.How about the clasp , does it lock up tight and will it pop accidentally?

4.Is the rubber really that crappy as on the 42mm omega PO rubber straps?

Basically these are the questions I have!

I should share what attracted my interest in the watch. Well first its the design , here we have really hot and sweaty summers, and as much as I want to I cant wear my ORIS CC in the hottest of days because it would probably cause dehydration,dizziness and total exhaustion. Also I cant wear any leather strap watches because people will sense me from miles ... This little guy is the perfect one for the job since its little, light , has no clasp on the opposite side , sits really comfortable and is all rubber!

Really like it but pls lets see some wrist shots!

cheers

oh and one more thing PIX where did you get yours from ?

Edited by Omega Fan

Gents a couple of questions on this wonderful timepiece! I am really attracted to the design and comfort of this watch btw!

1.can we pls see some wrist shots, as I am concerned that the watch is too small compared to the ones I have and have got underway(ORIS CC)!

2.Is the crystal really sapphire?

3.How about the clasp , does it lock up tight and will it pop accidentally?

4.Is the rubber really that crappy as on the 42mm omega PO rubber straps?

Basically these are the questions I have!

I should share what attracted my interest in the watch. Well first its the design , here we have really hot and sweaty summers, and as much as I want to I cant wear my ORIS CC in the hottest of days because it would probably cause dehydration,dizziness and total exhaustion. Also I cant wear any leather strap watches because people will sense me from miles ... This little guy is the perfect one for the job since its little, light , has no clasp on the opposite side , sits really comfortable and is all rubber!

Really like it but pls lets see some wrist shots!

cheers

oh and one more thing PIX where did you get yours from ?

Hi,

sorry for the wristshot, as I sold mine in the meantime. It wears small, but its square shapes make it look a bit bigger. However don't expect to have something huge on your wrist : it's supposed not to harm your swing when you play golf ;)

My crystal was sapphire (water drop test). I advise to have it AR coated (the gen has a light AR coating) or to get it in white dial. It'll cost you between 50 and 70 dollars, but actually the watch will still be ceaper than the one we get from the trusted dealers. And it will really make the dial pop up.

Well... the strap... that was the thing which made me sell it. It's acceptable, not as crappy as the very cheap ones you have on PO, but it definitely takes dust. I think it's both related to the rubber and the pattern (little squares). But to be honest, so does the gen : I saw it at the airport and I thought they could have find a solution, for the price <_<

Swiss quartz as far as I'm concerned.

I bought it on iOffer from a seller called Logotime. Everything went good, but I can't warranty he's a perfect dealer. At least he seems to have good feebacks. If you buy from him, it's a bargain, as for about 140 USD you get the "Swiss" version + box and papers, shipped !

I won't compare with Trusty or other prices, in this case it's just terrible how the price is set by our boards dealers...

BTW, no "clasp", as you might have noticed. The way it closes is OK and I did not experience anything popping up.

Hope this helps.