When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Asian 7750 - How Many Problems Are There Really?

Admin

Don't forget that there are non-chrono Asian 7750s out there, like the Arktos. :)

This is true. However I've never understood why some Panerai models are equiped with 7750's when there isn't a chrono function. I always thought that this movement was designed for chronos only?

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is true. However I've never understood why some Panerai models are equiped with 7750's when there isn't a chrono function. I always thought that this movement was designed for chronos only?

It's automatic. It has a second-hand at 9.

In that case, I give up. It is official that the Asian 7750 is a rock solid movement and is every bit as good as the Swiss 7750. Now we know. We should never pay a premium for Swiss movement chronos. :)

No that's not the case.. It is just a matter of luck.

If you feel lucky go for it.. :D

I just sold my 7750 powered 212, but never had a problem with it in the short time I used it. Chrono worked absolutely fine too.

I also have a PAM212 Asian 7750 on mine and it works like a charm. One thing I have noticed is that some days it runs 10 seconds fast and other days it runs more than 2 minutes fast. Does this happen on the Swiss 7750 too or is this something that is more common in the asian version of that movement? I guess service is in order... or perhaps sell the one I have and get the Swiss Joshua version with the correct black dials? <_<

Are all you folks who have had no problems saying you have not even had to, at a minmum, glue the subdial and/or main second hand into place because they slip and then don't properly reset?

That's right. All I've ever done is unwrap the watch and start wearing it. Never taken any precautions. And nver had to do anything with the watches.

Dear friends,

There is really nothing bad about the Asian 7750 movement. Many people who buy them do not know how to operate them properly and in the end when the watch decides to crank out, they blame on us for not checking watch, watch was defective from start..blah blah blah. =P

that is total [censored]. as The Zigmeister staited, most of the movements he serviced were JUNK from the factory. they had dirt in them, were not oiled properly, had boken gears and so on!

Just follow these simple rules and your Asia 7750 (whether NEW or OLD) movement will always be there for you.

also bullsheat, read the previous comment. if a watch has a crappy movement, it can die any day!

Rule 1: If you ever depress the pusher to start Chrono, always let it run for at least 15 seconds before you depress same pusher to stop it.

dunno about you, but if I spend 300$ on a watch, I expect the watch not to break in the ivent I press the pusher TWICE within 15seconds!

Rule 2: Do not depress the pusher for reset if you did not even start the chrono

this shouldnt harm the watch in any way, if its correctly fabricated

Rule 3: Do not depress the pusher for reset if the Chrono is running. You should only do that after you have depress the pusher to STOP the chrono first..then you proceed to reset it

this should also not work/harm the watch

Rule 4: If you need to change DATE , please adjust time to 4:30 before you adjust the date. Pull the screw crown out lightly twice..adjust time to 4:30 and then push it back lightly once and adjust the DATE. If not, the gears will TANGO and your movement will start to feel cranky

that is correct. also correct for genuine movements!

Rule 5: Do not meddle with the internals if you are not The Zigmeister... It needs an expert to get those internals out...

that is also 100% correct, but I doubt any of the problem happened due to the owner messin' with the internals!

My first IWC GST Chrono was great, then the chrono didn't return to 12 and it got worse and worse. Eventually, the watch just stopped working. The dealer, PT, replaced it and the replacement arrived, but didn't keep good time at all. Rather than bother PT again, I opened it and set the +/- myself, only I took bad advice on what to change and the beat is now off.

It's booked in to The Zigmeister's. :D

Of course the beat is off. The two things on the balance wheel change the beatrate. if the beatrate is exactly as it should be, the watch keeps perfect time. if the beatrate is off, the watch does not keep time. you can seriously do this yourself, if you dont care about 5sec's +/- a day, I have done this a dozen of times!

I had one of the first daytonas from Sean that worked great untill last week without ever opening it. Last week my baby threw it against the wall. Now it is not working properly :Jumpy:

My PAM 196 from EL was also one of the first. Still works fine. It went skiing, wakeboarding, waterskiing, took a sauna with it - no problem at all.

Regarding the 'dirty' un-lubricated movements that some have obtained...

Either dirt & dry is not always terminal.. or a certain factory got lazy or

tried to build a 7750 without the proper facilities or workers. :brow:

I think it's the latter... a bad batch went out.... and the Asian 7750 has been

marked with a red lined circle ever since.. <_<

Problem is we have not pinpointed the dealers which were, and still may be

carrying that crusty line.... maybe they are all gone, but who knows ?

It really sucks.. making the only safe way to buy one, is have the dealer

open & check before mailing, or buy in the used market from a known

member.

Either that or limit yourself to the new release, though that too seems to

have it's imperfections... as most reps do...

Why is it,.. we still love them with their little dimples and moles ? ^_^

The Asia 7750 b1 is [censored] in its out-of-the-box state and for Andrew to say otherwise is flat out dishonest--like every dealer, he knows exactly how bad they are.

The upside is this: if shell out the dough to have them competently serviced (I just figure any asia 7750 watch I buy is going to cost $40 more than the dealers price) they work just fine.

I wouldn't hesitate to buy an asian 7750 powered watch--I just know i'll have to go through the time and expense of servicing.

Of course the beat is off. The two things on the balance wheel change the beatrate. if the beatrate is exactly as it should be, the watch keeps perfect time. if the beatrate is off, the watch does not keep time. you can seriously do this yourself, if you dont care about 5sec's +/- a day, I have done this a dozen of times!

Speaking with The Zigmeister, he said the advice I recieved to move the two things closer together was flawed. Only the inner lever should be moved. The outer one should never be moved unless you have a machine to measure it.

Because I took the advice without qualifying it, my watch now needs work to fix what I did. This essentially forced my hand and convinced me a service was the right course of action.

Speaking with The Zigmeister, he said the advice I recieved to move the two things closer together was flawed. Only the inner lever should be moved. The outer one should never be moved unless you have a machine to measure it.

Because I took the advice without qualifying it, my watch now needs work to fix what I did. This essentially forced my hand and convinced me a service was the right course of action.

funny thing is, that it worked on about 9 or 10 watches of mine! and they all keep time pretty good (between 5-7sec/day), but hey, if you want to pay 175$, it is up to you :) of course it takes time, to regulate the watch without a beatrate machine, but it can be done, I know that, because I have done so. The Zigmeister might be the experienced watchmaker, but I KNOW what I have done and what worked, so he can say what he wants IMO

but hey, if you want to pay 175$, it is up to you :)

The $175 buys me a hell of a lot more than fixing the beatrate. It gets my 7750 serviced. You could say that the $175 buys me peace of mind. :D

Oh, and I do realise Asspire is selling the GST for $199, but ... well, you know.

The $175 buys me a hell of a lot more than fixing the beatrate. It gets my 7750 serviced. You could say that the $175 buys me peace of mind. :D

Oh, and I do realise Asspire is selling the GST for $199, but ... well, you know.

I know, but maybe it didnt need service for another 2 years? We'll never know ;)

And I know that also, BUT, first its Paul and 2nd aparently he does not have the Ti Version you have. The Ti is the only one of them I really like and the only one I would buy (and its even real, Ti, as I have heared!)

My 196 ran perfectly for a year. The problem with it now is that the hour sub dial @ 6 just keeps running. It's not a big issue I just keep resetting it.

The funny thing is that I got pulled up by a so called Panerai expert who commented that it was a common problem with Panerai chronos. I actually had to convince him it was a rep. He was mortified at the quality of it.

I have a 196 from Andrew with a 7750 and it has been a flawless runner. Gets rotated regularly with my 029 and they both keep exceptional time. I rarely use the chronos and never adjust the date during the "witching hours". My Navitimer with a 7750 was equally as dependable.

I have no fears about this movement. I love my 196.

You can strike the dealer theory. One each from Eddie (196), Andrew (Breitling), Sean (24) and now Ken (187) although I suspect it will only require gluing the hands. The basic mechanism looks good.

your 187 has issues??!?