When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Forum Too Popular

The fact that we still post after 5 years is something to be amazed at. I'm viewing who has responded to the bump of this ancient thread and its all the contributors of several years, all camaraderie. Therefore where RWG still has its popularity. By-Tor is correct, even the newb can now get a near perfect inexpensive rep as the asian have evolved refinement in manufacturing and marketing, and they will only get better. Now we see acceptable "sterile" homage type watch sections popping up on gen watch forums, which is just the rep. manufacturers going legit "under-the-legal-wire" of asian movements acceptable without the problem logos. Same cases, same movements, same factories, just no license problems....................And Reader's Digest has just recently filed for bankruptcy protection.

Am I part of the in-crowd now? Eek!

"Some men, blah, blah, blah greatness. Some men, blah, blah, blah greatness, other men have greatness thrust upon them."

It's all that "photog" contribution 'Pugwash'. It was your undoing with regard. It certainly wasn't your helping a noob source the best new version DSSD V5. Pics upon delivery please. Noob. :lol:

I dunno, I think the 'banter' (pronounced: thread crapping) is pretty null. Comparatively. Even "Off Topic" is a stagnant pool in the corner of a large roof. Lord knows I try, but even I will wait until the thread has run a reasonable, purposeful course. If the replies start getting redundant, or if junior members start echoing the advices of the seniors' because they only read the OP and skip the thread to reply. I will. As 'Pugwash' noted; as an inside aside, to and, only go noticed by the old guard. Largely not even then. I do it for me.

This is an old thread, and I only drug it up because Rya posted in it and was looooooong before I registered. Here. The other day he coined a cyber-phrase, which is probably common vernacular in the ether, but was new to me; "necroing" an old thread. I thought it and he; funeh. So, when I come across these I realize, what I only wondered those years; "What's going on over there in rwgjr. ?"

i agree with pug - you'd do better at the library or the kiddie pool or even the other place although i don't know if it is up or not.

Well, we don't have 'Nixon' to kick around anymore. Now, do we?

But, 'Too Popular' ? towit: lol

I find myself hopping between the four forums (RWG, RWG1, RWI, and RG) but overall I'd say there's not enough interesting dialogue, so I find myself not really posting anything (just have been on to check the shoutbox and PMs), so I spend my forum time on other boards.

Edited by hexagram

I hate to say this and I know it's controversial and even though my heart goes out to the hard working people making RWG what it is behind the scenes this place is not the same as it used to be when I originally joined. Part of that has to do with trends in the rep industry and part of it, does not.

That's pretty much the way I feel about it. And then again, it isn't.

So, someone exhumed a post from 2006 and I start getting these "Reply to Topic" emails so I had to see what all the fuss was about. Thus far I have learned the following:

• Ken Berg has changed his name to "KB." (That's very 'James Bond meets Crocodile Dundee,' Ken)
  • Not as many members of the clique group are Moderators as I had thought.
  • At least HERE there aren't multiple "Have you seen the new DeWitt Rep?" threads, ad nauseum.
  • I finally received my RWG Watch.
  • Where is Gran? Where did Bricktop go? And, most importantly, where did Eddie Lee go?

So I went back to my archives, circa 2006, and found a few pertinent images, some of which you'll have to help me with the identification thereof.

Self explanatory -

aaaaaabbbblaaade.jpg

No clue....

000_oldfart_03.gif

Is that Klink seated on Jesus' right?

lastsupercopy.jpg

I don' have a clue -

fodder.gif

Slayer, right?

reveal_01.gif

We all remember who this is -

whodis.jpg