When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Forum Too Popular

Well it's great that RWG has so many members but it seems to me it's getting hard to keep up with the posts. The general discussion area can go on for pages of todays posts. I was wondering if it would make sense to have some more folders. Like watch check, ebay deal or not, my new watch, new watch I'm thinking about. OR some such --- It's just a thought but I feel like I have to wade through a lot of unintersting posts (to me) to get ones that are intersting. I like that reps v gens is seperate, I like that The Zigmeister zone is seperate so the idea is if we could figure out a way to have more sub categories it might be more enjoyable for all.

Just a thought

or perhaps just another useless post that you had to wade through!

mark

Well it's great that RWG has so many members but it seems to me it's getting hard to keep up with the posts.

Switch forums.

I read all three and am active on them all, but I gave up on trying to read all posts here as threads have a tendancy to be hijacked by old hands with in-jokes and running themes, which is inevitable on a forum with this many people that have lived together on other forums, but can get annoying if you're looking for a signal-to-noise ratio that's more watches, less banter.

Someone once described this forum as stepping off a pavement into busy traffic. That's an excellent analogy in my books.

One problem I had was when I subscribed to a thread that I thought would be useful, the moment the regulars got on it, I had to unsub as email notifications that someone called someone else whatever were polluting my inbox.

Don't get me wrong, I like it here, and am guilty of the banter myself from time to time, in spite of my being a newbie, but I can't treat this as the forum I live on.

I'm not going to hijack this thread as a promote-your-fave, so don't ask me about other forums, not even by PM. That is ungentlemanly. :D

you wouldn't know, as much as you'd like to believe you would. Facts, observations, and opinions are so difficult to deal with when you're a mod aren't they habibi?

Moderator in name, moderate by nature. The job found the man my son.

Notwithstanding this, with mine eyes I see what I see, my brain doth computate and my gob doth relate (well my fingers and my pc). We are undeniably in fairly healthy fettle.

JTB

PS - Good to see ya here.

• 3 years later...

I hate to say this and I know it's controversial and even though my heart goes out to the hard working people making RWG what it is behind the scenes this place is not the same as it used to be when I originally joined. Part of that has to do with trends in the rep industry and part of it, does not.

Hey Corgs. How's my favorite 'Merican north of the border? Any closer to Texas? :lol:

Well, hmmmm, let me see. I joined the old RWG in Nov, '04. About two weeks later 'Highflyingclive' joined. That was the first and last time I lamented 'change' on RWG.

It ebbs, it flows. The trick is; bend the damn thing around to the way you want it. The rep industry however? Well out of our control and hands. The only way to control that is to stop buying. Not hard. Despite all the 'addiction' rhetoric.

Good to see you.

What has really changed? Well, everything is new and amazing once... then it becomes just amazing. In time it becomes something you can take for granted. It's not just this hobby, it applies to everything.

I think we have all witnessed the evolution of replicas in the last 4 years. The change has been dramatic. Now all most important watches have been replicated. Even the best Sub... so it's only natural that things slow down a bit.

We have to learn to enjoy what we have. In this hobby and everywhere else in life too. Terrible clich