When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Pictorial of the ''Super Seadweller'' from Josh!

elprimerozen

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hate to be a party pooper, but I simply fail to see what's so special with this rep.

The most serious flaw is the crystal/rehaut profile, which looks nothing like the gen, and the watch has the ugliest pearl and crown guards I've seen in a long time. This is can be spotted as a rep in 2 seconds, if you know SeaDweller. Maybe it's just me, but personally I think the "tells" are more than obvious.

Yes, it's the best modern SD so far, but overall I don't think it's anything extraordinary.

Seems like we're far away from getting a great modern SD

:angry2:

Basically, after reading for hours all the comments here, everything is wrong on this watch...isn't it?

:cc_confused:

I will proudly wear my 1665 for a while then, maybe next year we'll have a super-ultimate-perfect-improved Modern SD, who knows.

:clap:

@stephane: I wouldn't say "everything is wrong" with it. It's the first time when we see a halfway proper case and HE valve on 16600. It's probably really nice watch, I just think it didn't live up to all that hype.

It's a decent rep, but after all 1:1 claims and "modeled after the gen" it was a disappointment. Well, at least for me. Perhaps I'm too anal, but it would have been nice to finally see something extraodinary. The rehaut shape simply looks wrong, and this very characteristic look was the most important thing to get right (imho).

It's probably really nice watch, I just think it didn't live up to all that hype.

It's a decent rep, but after all 1:1 claims and "modeled after the gen" it was a disappointment.

I understand your feeling BT.

It's such a repeated situation: one step forward, two steps back :wounded1:

@stephane: I wouldn't say "everything is wrong" with it. It's the first time when we see a halfway proper case and HE valve on 16600. It's probably really nice watch, I just think it didn't live up to all that hype.

It's a decent rep, but after all 1:1 claims and "modeled after the gen" it was a disappointment. Well, at least for me. Perhaps I'm too anal, but it would have been nice to finally see something extraodinary. The rehaut shape simply looks wrong, and this very characteristic look was the most important thing to get right (imho).

For those us new to the hobby could you please elaborate on the crystal/rehaut profile. The CG's and pearl can be fixed, so I'm okay if they are flawed, but I'd like to know a bit more about the flaws you mentioned. Thanks for any illumination you can provide.

For those us new to the hobby could you please elaborate on the crystal/rehaut profile. The CG's and pearl can be fixed, so I'm okay if they are flawed, but I'd like to know a bit more about the flaws you mentioned. Thanks for any illumination you can provide.

This was discussed already in great detail in the previous threads (before this watch even surfaced), mainly by bklm and me.

As you can see from the comparison picture the rehaut profile on the rep looks absolutely NOTHING like the gen. It looks smooth and wrong, while this part of the watch on the genuine Dweller has very characteristic shape. Gen has two deep "dents" and extremely thick front rehaut, which makes the 16610 look very special and unique Rolex.

For me this is an outrageous flaw and it completely ruins this watch, and I don't understand how people can overlook it.

dwelleruz4.jpg

I am siding with BT on this one... sure, its a decent rep... but again, it isn't 1:1 like the 'marketing ploy' stated!!!

the images above clearly show that this is merely a thicker case, fitted with a HEL and mimics 'closely' to the true SD look... But, if they indeed produce this from the genuine article, they missed one HUGE detail!!! Maybe all this thing needs is a better/clearer crystal?!?!

SOMEONE possibly doing a crystal swap?!?!

Also, sidenote, the SEL's seem to look loose and high as always... dead giveaway!

Edited by poopypants

I hate to be a party pooper, but I simply fail to see what's so special with this rep.

The most serious flaw is the crystal/rehaut profile, which looks nothing like the gen, and the watch has the ugliest pearl and crown guards I've seen in a long time. This is can be spotted as a rep in 2 seconds, if you know SeaDweller. Maybe it's just me, but personally I think the "tells" are more than obvious.

Yes, it's the best modern SD so far, but overall I don't think it's anything extraordinary.

I disagree. I think the crystal/rehaut profile looks fantastic. The CG's while not perfect, are only a minor amount of work away from being as good as any. The pearl is so easy to change that I don't even think about that on any Rollie rep.

I borrowed these pics from sixpm over at RepGeek.

R_SD_2_0005.jpg

R_SD_2_0008.jpg

R_SD_2_0009.jpg

Is it 1:1? Obviously not. But in the areas that you can't change, it's as close as you are likely to get without buying a gen. The case is almost perfect, the bezel is almost perfect (and constructed the same way as a gen), perfect He valve, it uses the correct size case tube/crown and the end links look better than any Rollie rep to date.

Hmm, on www.repgeek.com (here) watcher says:

"The bezel is much deeper than of older reps and fits a gen insert without problem. I had to shave a little off the sides to fit it snugly under the lip of the bezel but no glue was required. It just snapped right in. Here is a pic of my King supplied SD with modded CG's(yes they need modding and If I owned sub24g's I would complain because they are not very evenly done at the back!!).

"

Sounds good to me!! :rolleyes:

Ingo

(some milling might be required...)

thank you millemiglia!!!

however, i thought i read somewhere where someone said an OEM will "click right in"... maybe i am wrong...

<SARCASM> I mean, we are working with a 'perfect', '1:1' model aren't we? </SARCASM>

Edited by poopypants