When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

planet ocean on top gear!

longshot

i love top gear. but living in the US and not having cable i end up watching it on you tube. i always make an effort to check out the watches and it looks like clarkson and hammond both have decent watch collections. but this scene from a recent episode is the first time i've been able to positively identify one :)

i would recommend watching the whole segment, because it's funny as usual. but right at the 5 minute mark is the best part:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6c6DhBAFXJs

i love top gear. but living in the US and not having cable i end up watching it on you tube. i always make an effort to check out the watches and it looks like clarkson and hammond both have decent watch collections. but this scene from a recent episode is the first time i've been able to positively identify one :)

Yup...I'm the same. Youtube for Top Gear!! Yup...the PO looks good with the Lambo. Thanks for the post...I also learned something new about feminine protection.

Tif from 5th gear wears a Breitling Navitimer, and Richard Hammond wears a Chronomat Evo on a leather band, interesting to see them wearing some different watches because they always wear their breitlings

You must have missed my previous Top Gear posts as I posted this pic of Hamster in a TAG.

top-gear-2.jpg

Is that a monaco? It sucks that richard wont drive fast cars anymore after his huge accident, damn was that insane hes so lucky to still be alive...He was going like what, 250mph?? Crazy richard, apparently in his rehab after the accident he didn't even remember how to drive etc...He said lego's and stuff like that helped him to jog his memory and coordination

Edited by UB7

It sucks that richard wont drive fast cars anymore after his huge accident, damn was that insane hes so lucky to still be alive...He was going like what, 250mph??

Won't drive fast cars? You must have missed his antics in the first three episodes of the year. In the most recent, for instance, he drove the Bugatti Veyron flat out down a runway.

Oh, and his crash was at 288mph.

I thought Tif was the one who topped out the Veyron?

BTW: I'd love a replica of that car if any of our collectors are keeping track of such things ;) 1:1 of course.

I use Dishnetwork here in the states i get two british channels and DVR TopGear in an almost religiuos manner.

Is that a monaco?
No, it's a Monza. Now discontinued in favour of the inferior Carrera <_<

I love cars and the content of Top Gear, but just can't get past how obnoxious Clarkson and that Hamster bloke are. Just ruins it for me. Accept they appeal to the chav mentality but it's clear they were the spotty bullied nerds at school and much of their humour hasn't progressed since. Same problem with seeing Jamie Oliver - all have faces you just want to punch....hard....repeatedly.

James May though I like he's quite funny in his pomposity and has an old-school self-depreciating style you just can't dislike. He really should have jumped ship to Fifth Gear with the other good ones, like Tiff (top man, been there as a pro driver) and Vicki Butler-Hendersomething (again, an ex-pro not a jaded journalist).

I spotted the Clarksons PO as well and another one on BBC this morning. James Martin in the Saturday Kitchen was wearing an Orange bezel, orange strap PO. Unfortunatly its not the type of show to find on youtube.

http://www.thebox.bz/browse.php?incldead=0...amp;titleonly=1

Like I say, YouTube is for amateurs. ;)

Edit: Looks like thebox.bz is registration only. It's free, but links to torrents of most UK TV shows. Get your Nigella goodness there.

What caught my eye about Clarkson's rubbery PO was how shiny the strap has become through wear. He has that thing on all the time, even going through the Kalahari.

PS. That was one of the worst episodes. Nice idea, but was always going to be in the shadow of the pinnacle that was the US road-trip.

Excuse me, but isn't the Breitling Emergency exactly the watch you want to be wearing when crossing some of the most inhospitable terrain on the planet?!?!

:huh:

Absolutely, its just I would have taken it off before putting my hands anywhere near that banger.

Not doubting the emergency's merits for a second.

I've worked as a mechanic for the last 20 years and I don't wear any watch or jewellery when working for a good reason.

If I was lucky enough to own a beautiful watch like that I would not take near an engine even if there was no safety problems, I suppose he can afford to treat it as just another tool, lucky bugger.