When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

All Fun And Games In Haditha?

Lollipop

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A bit like a meeting in Celtic FC boardroom......Baird's Bar....mebbes aye......mebbes naw.....:D

Only when that wee hun Dalglish was in charge. Thank god we saw through him. Took us a while though! :lol:

JTB

Proof, if ever it was needed, that any conversation on slaughter in the middle east can be turned to talk of Scottish football, via baked beans, in only 51 steps :lol::thumbsupsmileyanim::lol:

And there was me trying for 57 steps..........(think about it!)

JTB

:lol::lol::lol: lol!

You got me! I'm thinking, gawd, what kind of hardcore football knowledge do I not know here?

Feckin' beans!! :lol:

BTW I picked beans because they're funny, but I still think one tin of baked beans (including the tin) has the energy of 80 million barrels of crude oil (used as, well, oil)....

Aye laddie..........it's amazing whit a good look at a mans sporran can do tae the ladies. Come to think of it.............it can do things tae the laddies as well.........in certain parts of the world but no here............................................Scotland..............where men are men and sheep are nervous!

JTB

I remember her from a previous life. She used to be known as Miss T. Undercrackers!

JTB

Now now you shilly boy. I reshemble that remark. It's jusht as well I looged in tonight. hic! Had a few Bristol Creams with Braad and Angeline to wet the babys shed and I thought I would lag on to shee if there was any questshions for me. hic!

Can I jusht say at the inset that I have no designsh on JTB. Lovely boy as he is - he is shomewhat too course for my delicate tashtes. I prefer my men to be dishtinquished and with a penchant for the finer things in life.

There is a speshul one on the board who has caught my good eye, but a lady never dishcloses her ardour in such a public fashion. hic!

Now where did I put my Alka Seltzer?

MU

"(we are <5% of the population and use 25% of the oil)" And feed 80% of the world with that 25%.

Without the US having oil the whole world will perish eventually.

neither is true...the world was here before us...and some think better off without us running amuck...

<10% of our exports is food...5% of our imports, so a net of 5%...and we import far more than we export in total...

Exports - commodities:

agricultural products (soybeans, fruit, corn) 9.2%, industrial supplies (organic chemicals) 26.8%, capital goods (transistors, aircraft, motor vehicle parts, computers, telecommunications equipment) 49.0%, consumer goods (automobiles, medicines) 15.0% (2003)

Imports - commodities:

agricultural products 4.9%, industrial supplies 32.9% (crude oil 8.2%), capital goods 30.4% (computers, telecommunications equipment, motor vehicle parts, office machines, electric power machinery), consumer goods 31.8% (automobiles, clothing, medicines, furniture, toys) (2003)

Edited by ArtM3

80,000 deaths per month under Sadam Insane. Get real.

in 25 years he would killed 25 million people...not true...

Human rights groups believe about 300,000 people were killed during Saddam's 24-year rule, which ended when U.S.-led forces toppled his regime in 2003.

there's estimates that the embargo killed as many as 1/2 to 1 mil elderly & children...

GWII

military druing the invasion as high as 100,000

civies range from 35k to well over 100k...

Edited by ArtM3

Those boys are innocent until proven guilty, but that's not the point. The point is that every death in Iraq is a complete and utter waste unless America learns an important lesson from them. For the first time in my life, I'm actually feeling sorry for the far right of the GOP. They've got one and only one justification for the war left--getting rid of saddam. The trouble with that is they'll never again get 50% of the people in America to believe that result is worth thousands of dead Americans.

For the record, though, the reason we went into iraq was not about oil. The stakes were even higher. The invasion was about an ideological war within the GOP, and the foreign policy community in America as a whole--all those guys who said Poppy was wrong not to take out Saddam were going to prove that their view of the world was right and the world view of the moderates were wrong. They wanted to set a precedent for America's foreign policy for the 21's Century, the way TR set it for the 20th. Read what their little club, PNAC, put out before the war.

That's why i never, ever will say the Americans that died in Iraq died in vain--either way thewy didn't. If there is a major turnaround in Iraq and it does become the shining light in the Middle East, they will have died for a good cause. And if Iraq proves that we should never listen to the crazies currently in control of US foreign policy again, then those soldiers will have given their lives to save tens of thousands of American soldiers in the future.

If that election in San Diego is any indication (Couldn't get a majority in a district that's more than 70% Republican even by spending $2 millione in the last weeks, unprecedented in House races) we'll, thank God, have a Democratic House in January. Even moderate repoublicans should hope for that outcome--because a major political defeat is the only way the right wingnuts will ever learn any lesson at all....

in 25 years he would killed 25 million people...not true...

Human rights groups believe about 300,000 people were killed during Saddam's 24-year rule, which ended when U.S.-led forces toppled his regime in 2003.

there's estimates that the embargo killed as many as 1/2 to 1 mil elderly & children...

GWII

military druing the invasion as high as 100,000

civies range from 35k to well over 100k...

Wasn't that a U.N. Embargo?

if memory serves me correctly, yes it was. that is just further proof that saddam did not care about his people, only himself.

Saddam was an [censored]! I don't think anyone will argue that point. I do miss his Defense Minister though. Now that is a guy that could drink urine and tell you it was a good Pilsner! See ryyannon's Avatar for photo.

Edited by ekhunter

FYI Saddam was totally against al quaeda, he even persecuted them in iraq. he even told america that terrorists were going to attack them (because iraqi intelligence intercepted plans about a massive terror attack)... and what followed? 9/11!

iraq was stable under saddam, now its full of terror, horrible! you cant walk on the streets without getting bombed or taken hostage... the us military made a huge mess with the iraq war, and now they are unable to clean their mess up!

imo saddam knew how to keep the region stable. not everywhere is america! those ppl are not ready for democracy, and they dont want democracy! you see what democracy does to that place! CHAOS!

the american way is not always the right way! its a whole different culture... jesus, america has to learn, that not everyone is like them, thinks like them and lives like them!

Edited by slay

FYI Saddam was totally against al quaeda, he even persecuted them in iraq. he even told america that terrorists were going to attack them (because iraqi intelligence intercepted plans about a massive terror attack)... and what followed? 9/11!

iraq was stable under saddam, now its full of terror, horrible! you cant walk on the streets without getting bombed or taken hostage... the us military made a huge mess with the iraq war, and now they are unable to clean their mess up!

imo saddam knew how to keep the region stable. not everywhere is america! those ppl are not ready for democracy, and they dont want democracy! you see what democracy does to that place! CHAOS!

the american way is not always the right way! its a whole different culture... jesus, america has to learn, that not everyone is like them, thinks like them and lives like them!

What's wrong with the world?

I'm sorry Slay, but this is one of the most offensive post I've seen on these forums. Yes, Sadam kept the calm. He did it by killing everyone that didn't hold his views or openly support him. I'm not sure how you see that as a positive. Hitler also kept Germany stable and the trains running on time.

How "stable" was Iraq for those that didn't support Sadam? What people deserves to be killed for their political beliefs? What people deserves to be starved to death because of the differing religious views? Who doesn't deserve the right to freely choose their political leaders? These are not "American" ideals. These are inalienable rights that every man posesses in spite of what you or his government my believe.

There are many problems in Iraq, but no more people die today than under Sadam (check the numbers). However, every death is too many and we should do everything in our power to stop the madness, but at least now the people are free to make their own choices. Just as under Sadam, the madmen are still there killing. It is just now they are a different group of madmen that kill you because of your beliefs.

Will Iraq be a success as a democracy? We should all hope so, but I still think the war was a mistake. Maybe Iraq should follow the path of many of the Eastern block countries that divided into ethnic/ religious groups to form separate countries.

Edited by robertrinaustin