When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

All Fun And Games In Haditha?

Lollipop

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Saddam was an [censored]! I don't think anyone will argue that point. I do miss his Defense Minister though. Now that is a guy that could drink urine and tell you it was a good Pilsner! See ryyannon's Avatar for photo.

As far as I know, 'Baghdad Bob', aka 'Comical Ali', was not Saddam's Minister of Defense as much as the official spokesman for the Irakian Ministry of 'Information'.

He was the only high-ranking members of Saddam's government not to be included on the infamous most-wanted rogues gallery that appeared as a deck of cards, and was never actively searched for by the coalition forces.

It's rumored that President Bush had a particular affection for him, considering that by his surrealistic declarations in the face of reality, Ali had actually contributed immensely to decreditabilizing Saddam's regime and furthering the American war effort.

Dozens of sites dedicated to him appeared, perhaps the best being 'We Love the Irakian Information Minister':

http://www.welovetheiraqiinformationminister.com/

Years after, it sill makes for funny reading. The photoshopped pictures are priceless...

67945-33381.jpg

As far as I know, 'Baghdad Bob', aka 'Comical Ali', was not Saddam's Minister of Defense as much as the official spokesman for the Irakian Ministry of 'Information'.

He was the only high-ranking members of Saddam's government not to be included on the infamous most-wanted rogues gallery that appeared as a deck of cards, and was never actively searched for by the coalition forces.

It's rumored that President Bush had a particular affection for him, considering that by his surrealistic declarations in the face of reality, Ali had actually contributed immensely to decreditabilizing Saddam's regime and furthering the American war effort.

Dozens of sites dedicated to him appeared, perhaps the best being 'We Love the Irakian Information Minister':

http://www.welovetheiraqiinformationminister.com/

Years after, it sill makes for funny reading. The photoshopped pictures are priceless...

68023-33330.jpg

Sorry, my mistake for misidentifying his title. Minister of Hilarious! I still loved that guy! He would have been very successful in politics here in the United States. More politicians need to study this guy. Maybe he has a career as a stand up comic. Maybe Bush could hire him as the White House spokesman.

What's wrong with the world?

Let's all wave our American flags, they are all jealous of us. They wish they could live the way we live.

They should thank us for liberating them. So what if we killed so many innocent civilians? Kill more if it wipes out all the terrorists.

Every country in the world would love to be like America, with every citizen having complete freedom. Every country should be a democracy like America.

Let's all wave our American flags, they are all jealous of us. They wish they could live the way we live.

They should thank us for liberating them. So what if we killed so many innocent civilians? Kill more if it wipes out all the terrorists.

Every country in the world would love to be like America, with every citizen having complete freedom. Every country should be a democracy like America.

This is either brilliant sarcasm or slightly disturbing! :rolleyes:

:lol:..yeah.....they're jealous of all those hurricanes that are about to come along again....forest fires.....ministers being murdered....proecutors and judges.....also........the children being abused......the urban violence......the hawks in the Government....having to deal with right wing religious fundamentalists......Bill O'Reilly.......switherers like Hilary Clinton....GWB.....and all the other corrupt bastards....like Tom Delay.....etc etc.....yep everyone else is just dying to emigrate to AMEREXICO........ :lol::lol::lol: Edited by TTK

I have nothing against America at all, but as an Australian I can state in all honesty that I do not want our country to be like America.

Just on another topic I would love to know what your two edited post's said :brow:

Ken

I have nothing against America at all, but as an Australian I can state in all honesty that I do not want our country to be like America.

Just on another topic I would love to know what your two edited post's said :brow:

Ken

i beleive that all countrys want a form of democracy and freedom that fits their culture. maybe like america and maybe not. that would depend on what the population of that country wants. i'm also curious of what those edited posts said.

:lol:..yeah.....they're jealous of all those hurricanes that are about to come along again....forest fires.....ministers being murdered....proecutors and judges.....also........the children being abused......the urban violence......the hawks in the Government....having to deal with right wing religious fundamentalists......Bill O'Reilly.......switherers like Hilary Clinton....GWB.....and all the other corrupt bastards....like Tom Delay.....etc etc.....yep everyone else is just dying to emigrate to AMEREXICO........ :lol::lol::lol:

The dogs bark,

The caravan moves on....

The whole world would be speaking German or Japanese if it wasn't for us, and this is the thanks we get. Ha!

68676-33197.jpg

:blink:

:lol:

It's better in French:

Les chiens aboient,

la caravane passe.....

Simple, yet difficult to translate the nuances:

The dogs yap (as)

The caravan passes....

The idea being, well, you know.....

I guess something to do with the frustration of those left behind.

It's better in French:

Les chiens aboient,

la caravane passe.....

The dogs yap (as)

The caravan passes....

That's deep! Are you cocktailing already? It is 5 o' clock somewhere. Say Baghdad!

It's better in French:

Les chiens aboient,

la caravane passe.....

The dogs yap (as)

The caravan passes....

No doubt it's French!! :lol: Very Eric Cantona - "When the seagulls follow the trawler, it's because they think sardines will be thrown into the sea"

My question is, how did this thread ever get off the important topic of beans? :g::lol:

:lol::lol::lol:

You hurt my eyesight doing that with the colours!

Take it easy ;)

Cheers! :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Hey you're not supposed to see that. I couldn't find the colour code for the background so I guess I had to stick with that... anyone know what the colour code of the background is?

CIA fact book

Oil - consumption: 80.1 million bbl/day (2003 est.)

Oil - proved reserves: 1.349 trillion bbl (1 January 2002 est.)

1.349 x 10^12 / 80.1 x 10^6 ~ 16,840 days ~ 46 years...

taking into consideration the rate of consumption increase, maybe 20 years...

68704-33191.jpg

Panerai watches - saving the world energy crisis hand in hand with beans. In no way mentioned to make this post more interesting and relevant.... :whistling:

Okay, I have a second revelation. Not only can baked beans save the world - Panerai watches can as well (including reps! :thumbsupsmileyanim: )

Taking ArtM3's figures as a point of reference it is possible to take the number of joules of energy in a barrel of oil and multiply this by the proved reserves.

:whistling:

Done this yet? Oh, okay I'll save you some time (assuming my pet monkey is any good at abacus).

That gives a proven oil reserve of 8.25588 x 10^21 joules.

Einstein, also the name of my pet monkey, says that Energy = Mass x (Speed of light)^2

8.25588 x 10^21 = Mass x (8.98755 x 10^16)

Means Mass = 9.1859 x 10^4

Mass = 9,185 kg.

There is the equivalent energy in 9 metric tonnes of any mass to equal the entire global reserves of oil (used as oil, not its own mass).

Taking ArtM3's figure of 16,840 days (or the daily consumption) this means you can get the world's global daily consumption of oil out of:

9185 / 16840 = 545 grams of baked beans or some Panerai watches

Oh, and the technology has to be invented to split the particles involved, etc, etc. Minor details(!) But the energy is there.....

RWC saves the world energy crisis. Bing! Next!.....

@Chronus - select the text below to reveal! :p

Thanks, just got home from work after 10pm ! :group:

So tired, so very tired :yawn:

That's a simple trick I use to stop accountants finding things on work I've done - if they did they would screw everything up! :rolleyes:

@Chronus, another simple trick seems to be to have a full PM account so we can't contact you :D

Hey you can't PM me and give me no way to reply :bounce: it's just not fair :wounded1: .....so there :bleh:

Ken