When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Which watch do you wear gets noticed the most?

Guest watchbuff

Guest watchbuff

To all the watchlovers out there.

Which watch do you wear, gen or rep get's noticed the most.

IS it about the gold? About the size? (size does matter :good: )

Is it about the shine, the bling (a new yawk thing) or the strap.

From reading someones post I find that most of my "affluent " friends never notice or mention my wristwatch.

Most nouveau rich I deal with wear understated watches that are very pricey

For me the watch that get's the most commentary is of course...

My Bell and Ross 46 mm 01-92 Second is my gen Breitling B2

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It depends where I am. If Im away with the Navy (URNU), my Breitling doesn't get too much attention, as alot of military personnel have them. If I where my Omega PO round in pubs etc... it gets a fair bit of attention from people who know what they're looknig at. I have a Fiddy on order at the moment, so I am imagining this might attract some glances due to the sheer size of it haha

Like strapping a laser pointer to ones wrist.....I have found that this one cannot be worn without attracting attention (and that attention usually illicits some form of verbal commentary)

lunchhoustons3_1024.jpg

And the strange thing is that, during construction, I was sure this would become my stealth Daytona (because it lacked the iconic & easily-identifiable black Daytona bezel). Just goes to show ya that the best laid plans..........

And to preempt the next obvious thread (The watch that receives the least notice)

vc_patek.jpg

(Patek Philippe Calatrava WG 5107 (at right))

At quick glance, people think it is a Timex or Seiko. I cannot tell you how many times I have had someone do a double-take & then actually grab my wrist and hold it still so they could read the name on the dial. They look at me, look at the watch, look at me again & then their jaw goes slack.

Ain't life grand?

Mind reader! Was about to post this question tomorrow. ;)

For me:

pierhublot1es4.jpg

A snooty restaurant "hostess" made me wait a while to be seated. I looked at my watch to ascertain if I had time to wait, flicking my wrist casually. When I looked up, she LITERALLY had her mouth wide open, staring at it.

God that felt good. The cow.

i would have to say that my 063 gets the most positive attention. they all just say "nice watch". however, my noob gets the most negative attention as most my friends say "is that real?". they dont ask about the authenticity of my other watches...

And to preempt the next obvious thread (The watch that receives the least notice)

vc_patek.jpg

When I met old President Bush, this plain Patek was the watch he was wearing on a blue/red grosgrain strap. It was so casual, and yet so elegant. I think he could get away with that because he's King Prep. Anyone else, and it would look retarded.

(Hmm, actually his watch was a little flatter. Still, same idea!)

Ain't life grand?

:thumbsupsmileyanim:

When I met old President Bush, this plain Patek was the watch he was wearing on a blue/red grosgrain strap. It was so casual, and yet so elegant. I think he could get away with that because he's King Prep. Anyone else, and it would look retarded.

Yes, the Bushies have a habit of staring at their watches alot (often at the wrong time). :bangin:

Yes, the Bushies have a habit of staring at their watches alot (often at the wrong time). :bangin:

Heh. Never saw Jeb even wear a watch. And at almost 6'6", all I saw were his wrists...

EDIT: You know me, Miss Curious. Just Googled "Jeb Bush height" and this came up: 6' 3" (1.91 M). I dunno. My dad is 6'4" and Jeb was NOTICEABLY taller...

Mind reader! Was about to post this question tomorrow. ;)

For me:

pierhublot1es4.jpg

Personally, I preferred the WHITE nail varnish ! (Oh, sorry, we were talking about watches....... !) :lol:

mdsc05764br4.jpg

The Rolex 16613BL "TT Sub" would definitely have to be the watch I get noticed in most.

In my neck of the woods, people don't have a clue about watches... they only know "Rolex" and assume its the most expensive brand. I have had many people just gaze into this watch... it's blingy without a single diamond. On a nice, warm sunny day with short sleeves its the perfect timepiece, for the light gracefully beams in every direction and the blue face just perfectly sparkles and twinkles.... I love this watch... it's one of my favorites.

Gosh, in second place it would have to be my Sky-Moon, not because it's an expensive patek, but just because its so unusual and people often find the layout and design quite neat and fresh.

To all the watchlovers out there.

Which watch do you wear, gen or rep get's noticed the most.

IS it about the gold? About the size? (size does matter :good: )

Is it about the shine, the bling (a new yawk thing) or the strap.

From reading someones post I find that most of my "affluent " friends never notice or mention my wristwatch.

Most nouveau rich I deal with wear understated watches that are very pricey

For me the watch that get's the most commentary is of course...

hands down, muller long island crazy hours and brown-dial tag monaco get the most positive comments. PAM's get negative, but I love 'em anyway.

I keep mentioning this watch, but my Franck Muller Crazy Hours get the most smiles/notice/conversation. They might notice the rest, but perhaps people expect a rolex or something. My wife looks oddly at the PAM. Don't know what my coworkers think

I usually don't get any comments on my watches. But the 111H gets comments all the time and generally from people who don't wear watches at all. A friend of mine, who I've known for 6 years now, commented on my PAM right after I got it. He never wears a watch and has never one commented on any of my other pieces, so I was surprised when he said how nice my watch was.

DSC03044.jpg