When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Mid Week Wrist Check

By-Tor

It's interesting because the colour of the stitching in the picture looks lighter than it does in person- it's supposed to be black stitching on a Crazy Horse. I actually got an ABP horned croc strap with it, but that's been sold and was sized for 26mm lugs. I was very tempted to just leave the MP Senape on it, it's a beauty.

Mezz, you have good and EXPENSIVE tastes in straps. Very impressive that you bought the APB horned croc.

I wish it was gen! :o

Bah. We will have a gen, one day me and you, and maybe I'll suggest to Admin that we have a section for former rep-now gen owners for special Wristchecks. :p

It's funny Vic, but my interest in getting a gen has yet to really develop. Modding a vintage rollie with gen parts?

That has appeal to me, I've got to admit...but one day I think you should mod that forum for new-found gen owners. We'll be the nouveaux riche of gen owners. I was wondering about developing a miniature flag that we would attach to our watch, which would be like an orange diver flag in colour, and would say "genuine watch here!" in bold lettering on both sides. Or maybe we develop some sort of sticker(?).

Yes, the Crazy Horse and ABP (especially) were expensive. In retrospect, I suspect that I may have been very happy had I gone with Savage or Tootall, from a value standpoint. I wasn't that excited about the ABP strap, really. It was very high quality, no doubt, but wasn't as suited to my taste as I'd expected.

It's funny Vic, but my interest in getting a gen has yet to really develop. Modding a vintage rollie with gen parts?

That has appeal to me, I've got to admit...but one day I think you should mod that forum for new-found gen owners. We'll be the nouveaux riche of gen owners. I was wondering about developing a miniature flag that we would attach to our watch, which would be like an orange diver flag in colour, and would say "genuine watch here!" in bold lettering on both sides. Or maybe we develop some sort of sticker(?).

I say we get a tattoo. "GEN PANERAI OWNER" on the wrist, with "I'M FINALLY LEGIT!" on the usual bullseye bumcrack area.

Yes, the Crazy Horse and ABP (especially) were expensive. In retrospect, I suspect that I may have been very happy had I gone with Savage or Tootall, from a value standpoint. I wasn't that excited about the ABP strap, really. It was very high quality, no doubt, but wasn't as suited to my taste as I'd expected.

That's a shame, Mezz baby...perhaps we'll be seeing it soon in a sales area "near you". ;)

@Dluddy: You rascal! You were holding out on us. The exact same watch I posted earlier in the week, and there you were, with an even more beautiful strap version -- you must be a Scorpio!

Leo....

I've had it for a while - dug up an old dial shot - notice the year subdial :)

vcmalteretrogradewristdv3.jpg

by this time next week, however, I shall be wearing a fully modded PAM177H by Vac:

pma177h.jpg

You got it! YAY! Why not. You only turn XX once. ;)

Many happy returns on the day, once again!

TRIVIA FREEBIE:

Born on November 15th

Ed Asner

Ol' Dirty Bastard

Roberto Cavalli (LOL)

Petula Clark (Cool!)

Beverly D'Angelo

Kevin Eubanks

Felix Frankfurter

W. Averell Harriman

Mwai Kibaki

Aleksander Kwasniewski

Curtis LeMay

Anni-Frid Lyngstad

Sania Mirza

Georgia O'Keeffe

Erwin Rommel

Claus von Stauffenberg (Erwin and Claus...double wow)

Judge Wapner (LOL)

Sam Waterston

And died on 15 November? Booker T. Washington. One of my heroes.

Prince of Wales turned 59 yesterday. His parents' Wedding Diamond Jubilee is in 5 days. Major hootenanny planned in the UK this weekend...

Wow! DET11, that photo is amazing! Let me make it my desktop wallpaper. :)

UPDATE: Heh. Your fingers are 20" big. Hope that was okay, though. I realised you didn't release it as wallpaper, so just say the word, and I'll take it down!

No problem Vic, thanks for the comment.....No photoshop or anything...straight up pic in my backyard...you know what they say about large hands......hehe

or is that feet?

Edited by DET11