When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

My freind went to thialand and all i got was this lousey...

kokedose

First of all let me say i know this should have gone in the worst sub thread,but i really needed to share the horror(good therapy :)).

I have been collecting for about a month and have some lovely peices supplied by Andrew(a true gentleman in IMHO).And now with thanks to all the good advice i have read on here i am happy with the peices i have in my modest collection(Swiss LV sub,BCE on brown leater,timewalker chrono and tag aquaracer...Pam fiddy and UPO on the way...the collection comes before food at the moment ;))

The story:

My freind at work had a holiday in Thialand last year with her husband and i asked if she could get me a rollie sub,gave her pics of a gen and

post-8595-1195138553_thumb.jpg

post-8595-1195138561_thumb.jpg

post-8595-1195138572_thumb.jpg

post-8595-1195138582_thumb.jpg

post-8595-1195138589_thumb.jpg

Welcome and sorry to hear things did not work out better. Like they say, so close yet so far........

What I think people forget is how civilians see watches. To the average person, a Sub is a Sub is a Sub is a Sub. Most of us, if our memories are good & we are willing to be honest, would not have been able to tell the difference between the watch your friend got and the real thing back when we started out. So the odds of your friend coming back with anything even approaching a quality Sub rep are about as remote as the odds of a non wine connoisseur picking out a rare wine from hundreds of table quality strains while blindfolded (and being pitched at constantly by people who are trying to get her to buy their particular brand of bottled sludge). Not likely. You might have improved your chances for success (a bit) if you had taken the time to educate your friend on the specific details to look for that separate the cream of the crop from the kind of thing she ended up with. Of course, that assumes that your friend would be willing to learn and remember what you tell her.