When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

3717-2 Arrived.. Spitfire.. White Dial

lanikai

The 3717-2 Spitfire White Dial (new release) arrived yesterday..

going to pick it up today.....

Pics in a few hours ... SOS any of yous .. who would like to take a peek .. in case yous all were thinking of picking one of these up... what, you think I post for ego...and attention ... ggeezzz.. I just love the brutality of yous guy's ;) .. warms my heart ..back after lunch with pics

ok ...here they are

post-2172-1195259379_thumb.jpgpost-2172-1195259433_thumb.jpgpost-2172-1195259470_thumb.jpgpost-2172-1195259515_thumb.jpgpost-2172-1195259548_thumb.jpg[attac

meant=17583:IMG_1762.JPG]post-2172-1195259661_thumb.jpgpost-2172-1195259698_thumb.jpgpost-2172-1195271297_thumb.jpg this is an add on pic with a little better lighting

Well ... I .... really like this one.. silver white dial... subtle silver with white.. fairly good detailing on the dial... hard to tell with the IWC site.. drawing of genuine only.. but the sub dial numerals look very good compared to the genuine.

hands are all silver... it picks up reflections easily ... i don't have the tent as Pugwash' pro set up so a note ... the only black in the dial would be the sub dial numerals.. at first glance the 0 on the 10 looked misaligned but after looking at the genuine this looks like it was purposely done... (from what I can see of the genuine 0.. correct me if I'm wrong...)

may want to check the day window.. looks like it just clears the FRI ... something to note on the Genuine

Crowns screw machining is like a Rep.. ruff so be careful .. make sure you 'seat" the threads slowly..any sign of resistance.. back it up and start again... it will save you a lot of heartache .. (more for those without experience in rep screws) the bracelet clasp is rather good compared to other Replicas.. solid feel to the clasp.

I have no mm calipers but the tale of the tape seems close enough to the genuine.. height may be off by .02mm close enough

the AR is very ..very lite... it is a white dial so I rather like it that way...

I will be back to ascertain the hands later...

the Lume is very good as far as "out of the box".. no comparison to Ziggy Lume.. but I charged it for 10 seconds and the pic is in the light.... but SOP for life span.. still not bad ...

this is the only Pilot that i would really not mind the ss bracelet.. but this is more my vision of the pilot watches .. these pics are pics of the genuine .. note the hands at least the Minute is too long on the Rep.

post-2172-1195259884_thumb.jpgpost-2172-1195259804_thumb.jpg

I like the Honey brown gator for the nice contrast with the white dial.. It doesnt over-power the dial and lite ss case

the brown gator is not bad looking either.. fairly good compliment to the case and dial... both look good so i may have to get both of them.. :lol: ... the brown gator is the one up for RWG auction.. wow.. all of a sudden I can't find it.... <_<:g:

Joshua.. got it to me in 4 day's .... speed :victory:

anyway hope this will help you decide what to do with this Replication... this may end up with more wrist time than the 3717 black dial

thanks for the views...... :D

lanikai

Ok a little update on the (general overview) .. since this a rookie job.. i will not label it a review

as a rookie . i failed to add one of the most important item... A7750 movement ... As Ziggy has noted on his threads ... it is a good movement but not serviced well at the factory...

IMHO the makers of the IWC Pilots do a very good job in this area.. the 3717 after 24 hours is running right on time with my desk top that I used to set it yesterday..my 3717 black dial was also running spot on . i had to send it back for a dial swap.. the dial was the problem .. not the movement..

it seems like the maker of the Pilots does a good job at servicing these movements .. but I still think I may have lucked out .. only time will tell.. conversely .. the Breitlings are (mine anyway) horribly serviced..

As i said before the minute hand is longer than the genuine.. but the good news is there seems to be enough metal before the lume to where the hand can be taken down .. by a really good horology Modder (Ziggy).. take a look and see what you think

I don't know about you,.. but I have wrestled with the 3717 spring bars .. when I attempt to remove the bracelet.. so I had to improvise a little

post-2172-1195357745_thumb.jpg

push back the spring bar and in the open position insert a toothpick.. then simply use your spring bar tool,.. release the opposite side and .. bada bing.... release the bracelet..

hope that helps those like me who want to use a hammer after vain attemps to remove the bracelet from the case.. :D

post-2172-1195259590_thumb.jpg

It is a very nice watch and much more dressy in appearance than the black example. I'm puzzled as to why this new model has not benifited from double AR like the ingenieur instead of just using the same old 3717 crystal. With new DW's and doble AR this would then be in the superrep league. ENJOY!!!

• 5 months later...

Hi Lani,

Mine just arrived today from Jay. Smokin'...that thing is beautiful It is now the classiest of my watches. I actually found the bracelet removal was not as bad as I was expecting. It took 2 tools, and a bent pusher pin...and wearing down 2 of the teeth on 2 of the small forks...but it came off alright (I couldn't find my toothpics).

Here's my review:

Toad's Review of the IWC Spitfire Chrono