When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Help on next purchase

subzero1

OK, I've not done this before, but I need help deciding on my next purchase. I've got:

DSN Pam 183

DSN Pam 111H

DSN Pam 082

Pam Ferrari 011

Pam 113

Pam 029 2892

Pam 024

Omega Upo black

Omega Upo orange

Omega SMP Bond blue

Breitling Evo TT Black

Breitling Evo TT White

Breitling Evoe SS White w/Diamond Bezel

Breitling SOSF Blue

Breitling Bently GT Red

Breitling Navi Serie Speciale White

Breitling Navi Serie Speciale Black

Cartier Santos 100 SS

Cartier Santos 100 TT

IWC 3717 on hktan pilot strap

IWC GST White/Gold

IWC GST Ti Black

IWC Cousteau 2006 Blue

IWC Inge Ti AMG

IWC Inge SS

Hublot SS/SS

Hublot polished Ceramic/SS

I'm thinking about selling my 029, Blue swiss SOSF, and red Breitling Bently GT and getting something else. I'm just not sure what. I like the 249 cali dial, but I know from the 127 that 47mm is too big for my wrist. I like the idea of a RG HBB w/ceramic, but I already have 2 other HBB's. I like the idea of a Carerra, but how many SS/black watches can one justify? Maybe a VC overseas or a Cartier Seatimer w/AR? Maybe a solid gold watch ala the St Expury? Or the gold Timewalker?

And no rolex for me, it just doesn't appeal. I like a couple of their models, but don't want to be constantly asked "is that real?"

As you can see, I'm at a real loss for direction - help!

OK, I've not done this before, but I need help deciding on my next purchase. I've got:

DSN Pam 183

DSN Pam 111H

DSN Pam 082

Pam Ferrari 011

Pam 113

Pam 029 2892

Pam 024

Omega Upo black

Omega Upo orange

Omega SMP Bond blue

Breitling Evo TT Black

Breitling Evo TT White

Breitling Evoe SS White w/Diamond Bezel

Breitling SOSF Blue

Breitling Bently GT Red

Breitling Navi Serie Speciale White

Breitling Navi Serie Speciale Black

Cartier Santos 100 SS

Cartier Santos 100 TT

IWC 3717 on hktan pilot strap

IWC GST White/Gold

IWC GST Ti Black

IWC Cousteau 2006 Blue

IWC Inge Ti AMG

IWC Inge SS

Hublot SS/SS

Hublot polished Ceramic/SS

You need more arms!! :lol:

GREAT collection!! B)

What about a watch with something interesting about the movement? A skeleton or Homer's tourbillon? Just something a little 'different', you have so many great watches already....just one suggestion for the pile.

Maybe I sell the watches and improve the ones I have. I need some good HKTAN straps for my Santos 100's, those are $190 each (one brown, one black), plus AR coating. I'm commited to sending off the crystals for the Santos 100's and the Pam 113 to Chieftang's run, but I'm thinking about sending some more off to K2222's run (no lip marks and free existing AR removal), which would let me get the 111H, the 183, the 011, the 082, and both HBB's coated (the HBB's are the most recent "lite" versions w/the 28.8k movements). All of my other watches already have double AR coatings (either came that way, or I got them done on previous runs). Hell, maybe I could even take the santos crowns to a local jeweler and get that super-crap "sapphire" replaced with a real sapphire. I already have some of the prototype dials from rocket on the way for these two watches. Yeah, I think maybe that is what I'll do, while I patiently wait for the Graham chronofighter to be released in the next 6 months.

What about a watch with something interesting about the movement? A skeleton or Homer's tourbillon? Just something a little 'different', you have so many great watches already....just one suggestion for the pile.

I second that motion!

A tourbillon watch is one of the greatest purchases you will make. The movement will astound and mesmerize you as it defies gravity, rotating its microscopic pieces in a beautiful dance harmonizing technology with raw spirit.

Mine:

dsc06328croclv9.jpg

Otherwise I think you should do a challenge for yourself and set out to buy a brand that you still haven't owned yet. I don't see any Vacheron Constantin or Patek in your collection... maybe you should try one of those!!

advice : do not sell the 029...and the mvt is the 2893 - not 2892 as you wrote...this is definitely one of the best looking and mvt powered reps that the chinese have built...that movement is simply fantastic...I got myself just a cople of weeks ago another 2893 movement just to have it...

as for the advice...you have a great collection...what else could you need?...somebody adviced you the Corum Admiral's Cup...it is definitely a great watch but the question is do you want a 48mm watch?...the built of the rep is to the highest standard...it's a kind of super rep...(mine is on the way)...and I do agree with cornerstone...a nice tourbillon to make complete your collection...there is the RG released from Homer not long ago, and there is a FS in the watches section by a member on the forum that sells it for 100$ less of Homers price...GO FOR IT!

I like the idea of a Carerra, but how many SS/black watches can one justify?

Nah.

Maybe a VC overseas or a Cartier Seatimer w/AR? Maybe a solid gold watch ala the St Expury? Or the gold Timewalker?

Something tells me you wouldn't like either. I see you tend to stay with the same marques, and you have a definite theme going on (that's not a slam! Good deal).

VCO white is delicious, but it's formal. Will you use it overmuch to justify its purchase? You seem to love sporty watches, which of course, can be dressed up easily. But they are not,

Maybe I sell the watches and improve the ones I have. I need some good HKTAN straps for my Santos 100's, those are $190 each (one brown, one black), plus AR coating. I'm commited to sending off the crystals for the Santos 100's and the Pam 113 to Chieftang's run, but I'm thinking about sending some more off to K2222's run (no lip marks and free existing AR removal), which would let me get the 111H, the 183, the 011, the 082, and both HBB's coated (the HBB's are the most recent "lite" versions w/the 28.8k movements). All of my other watches already have double AR coatings (either came that way, or I got them done on previous runs). Hell, maybe I could even take the santos crowns to a local jeweler and get that super-crap "sapphire" replaced with a real sapphire. I already have some of the prototype dials from rocket on the way for these two watches. Yeah, I think maybe that is what I'll do, while I patiently wait for the Graham chronofighter to be released in the next 6 months.

You got quite a lot, I think go for improvement the ones you have, because you have quite enough. I agree that people always suspect that a rolex is fake, although you can wear some other more expensive brands and no one would notice.

I tried the timewalker black dial chrono in an AD and it is quite impressive. I hav'nt heard anything about the quality of the rep.

Anyway, good luck and thank you for helping me feel that my 5 good reps and some other cheaper ones are not too much

If pushed, I would say an AP ROO like the beauty Raymond got.

MBW AP ROO or RO...or even the PP Nautilus...those are great watches...

I have personally the MBW AP ROO EoD...it is a great watch...you seem to have all the great reps...and you don't like the Rolex...the other MBW's are great reps...definitely worth every penny...

I like PAM's a lot...my fav brand but since the EoD got in my hands...well, if I had the $$$, I'd buy all the line of the MBW AP ROO's....

I think I will see if I can improve the current collection first. I had a very nice Breguet rep a while back, white guilloched dial, tourbillon, blue hands, SS case, and glossy black lizard strap. Sold it because it was way more dressy than anything I wore. And I found out I really don't like tourbillon movements, just a thing I didn't like showing through the dial. If it was only displayed on the back I'd probably dig it, but through the front just looked odd to me.

The SOSF and Breitling Bently will definitely go up for sale, just no wrist time to justify keeping them. The 029 I keep waffling on. There's something odd about the case that bothers me and I just can't put my finger on it. I have a chieftang cyclops for it, and I will probably replace the existing one with that, and get everything AR coated and see how I like it after that. I love the tuxedo dial, but it's so obscured by the non-AR crystal that the depth and beauty of it gets lost. I do love the movement, and I love the engraved bezel, so maybe the AR will be enough to bring me around to loving the rest of it.