When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Got a strange itch to get a 232...anyone care to comment

tech

For some wierdo reason, I have recently been drawn to the Radiomirs....

what? :huh:

Anyway, I have a Ticino 1938 hommage inbound and now I am looking hard at the 232 our dealers are offering....does anyone have any of these pieces and can they comment on their desireability? Or better yet, are you happy with 'em?

Am I alone here on this current obsession...all this Omega PO, IWC 3717, HBB, rolex sub/super SD/vintage and of course, PAM 111H lovin' around here.... :yeah:

I just don't see any of the Rad line except the 183/231 being touted around are lovely board. Are these watches for wimps....am I going girly man here or what ....as I am really "feeling" them lately.... :brow:

Thats street yap for...I like 'em. B)

BTW, I picked up the Ticino hommage piece as the rep 249 our dealers have, has a stupid "california" written on the dial....of which the gen does not. And of course, I fondled a real PAM 249 last week & I'm sorry to say that it ain't worth $7.8k.... :bangin:

But hey, what do I know...

Thanks DT...how did I miss that post...I swear I am dyslexic with the search function....thanks for the reply and the recommendation....and especially the mention of rolli....i remember now his watchsmith re-doing the lugs on his 232...making them more gen like.

cheers

You are not alone, I saw some really nice pics of a 232 on the web recently and thought that it's a really nice simple design, but I'm worried 47mm is too big so I've been considering the 210g or 210h which are 45mm and clear back. you can find examples on trustytime site. Any wrist shots or thoughts on the 47mm size 232?

You are not alone, I saw some really nice pics of a 232 on the web recently and thought that it's a really nice simple design, but I'm worried 47mm is too big so I've been considering the 210g or 210h which are 45mm and clear back. you can find examples on trustytime site. Any wrist shots or thoughts on the 47mm size 232?

Sure...trusty and josh always have nice photos....don't get me started on the junkassPOS 113 that andrew/TT sent me, absolutely NOTHING like his photo....basically a canal street/patpong junker. :thumbdown: ...so, photos don't always equate to the actual watch...'cept maybe TTK, Angus, Narikaa...and a few others...

Anyway...i'm lookin' for members that have pulled the trigger and have these babies on their wrists...

I do agree that the 45 Rad might be the better fit for me as 47mm and me no get along...thought maybe this would "wear" differently....

So far the DSN is looking nice...thx to Rolli and Deltatahoe previous postings. :D

cheers

Thanks for that, I'll keep this in mind when choosing my collector.

Thanks to Rolli's pics of his smith's exceelnt work, I'm thinking Davidsen's 232 is going to be my next rep purchase, akthough is it me or does TT's case look a little bit better finished/engraved. I like the 232 because it'd be more believable on me than a rep of a 70k 1936 vintage, because the solid back is a good thing, and because it looks like someone finally got the dial color right. Looks like it only needs a lume an OEM strap and the lugs mod to be perect on the wrist.

is it me or does TT's case look a little bit better finished/engraved.

one thing i would comment is the crystal on davidsen's is probably one of the best crystals i've seen on a pam rep -- very nice.

Looks like it only needs a lume an OEM strap and the lugs mod to be perect on the wrist.

davidsen's stock model is superlumed -- no need for a relume :victory:

like i said before -- i wouldn't hesitate on this one -- it's a beauty :wub:

archibald, if you are able to find a watchsmith that is willing/able to modify the lugs for you, please post about it -- i'm pretty sure it is a difficult task....

deltatahoe

I bought a 232 from Trusty and it is a nice watch for sure, however Davidsens seems to be more accurate. The gen is amazing

and will probably be the non rep watch I purchase.

I bought a 232 from Trusty and it is a nice watch for sure, however Davidsens seems to be more accurate. The gen is amazing

and will probably be the non rep watch I purchase.

The 232, the 210, or the 183 are the three Radiomirs I would buy, if gen.

Tech, our forum colleague Dluddy (who I think I saw the other day, but perhaps he's travelling and hasn't seen your post) has a Davidsen 232.

He recently received a darker dial than this chocolate one here, and upgraded hands. It's still beautiful as is, though. :wub:

pam232cammellowristrv2.jpg

pam232oncammellonl4.jpg

The GeF Camello is a perfect combo at that.

My next Davidsen purchase is in fact, the 232 for Christmas. :)

The 232, the 210, or the 183 are the three Radiomirs I would buy, if gen.

Tech, our forum colleague Dluddy (who I think I saw the other day, but perhaps he's travelling and hasn't seen your post) has a Davidsen 232.

He recently received a darker dial than this chocolate one here, and upgraded hands. It's still beautiful as is, though. :wub:

pam232cammellowristrv2.jpg

pam232oncammellonl4.jpg

The GeF Camello is a perfect combo at that.

My next Davidsen purchase is in fact, the 232 for Christmas. :)

Thanks Victoria...the Rad line is without a doubt very clean....same as the luminors....the 210 and 232 are very appealing to me at the moment...guess that's part of the Panerai look we are all drawn to...gotta say though that I have slowly been selling off my eta movement genuine pannies....I refuse to spend anymore big bux on eta movement pams when our reps are just as good....now, on the other hand...my next gen PAM will be the 233...already handled it at the AD...all I can say is wow...

As far as a Christmas prez to yourself...that 232 sounds lovely...I'll be looking forward to the 'Nad' shots you always give us...i think I have already blown my Christmas budget till 2010....lol

But I will somehow manage to "find" some $$$ to pick up a few more pieces.

:p

• 2 months later...
one thing i would comment is the crystal on davidsen's is probably one of the best crystals i've seen on a pam rep -- very nice.

davidsen's stock model is superlumed -- no need for a relume :victory:

like i said before -- i wouldn't hesitate on this one -- it's a beauty :wub:

archibald, if you are able to find a watchsmith that is willing/able to modify the lugs for you, please post about it -- i'm pretty sure it is a difficult task....

deltatahoe

Won't OEM wire lugs solve this problem, or don't they fit?

It actually wears smaller than what the size suggested. I've 6.7" and it sits quite nicely on the wrist, I think the key is finding just the right/correct strap size and you good to go. the dial color does changed quite drastically depending on the ambiance light.

232SC-1.jpg

232MP.jpg

DSCN7763.jpg

DSCN7697.jpg

It actually wears smaller than what the size suggested. I've 6.7" and it sits quite nicely on the wrist, I think the key is finding just the right/correct strap size and you good to go. the dial color does changed quite drastically depending on the ambiance light.

232SC-1.jpg

232MP.jpg

DSCN7763.jpg

DSCN7697.jpg

Sharpie, those photos are EXTRAORDINARY. I am so happy I am soon to pick up Deltatahoe's 232, which I just bought.

I have V's Vintage strap in mind for it, already.

But any strap tips would be appreciated. :)

Yeap my Vintage will look nice with the brown dial..

The following two Panatime straps also look nice and not expensive (50$)

http://panatime.com/26deoiledkbr.html

there is also a darker version

http://panatime.com/26xlsideoivi.html

The following two Panatime straps also look nice and not expensive (50$)

:o

Panatime? After all my Pacis, Dirks, and Vs...just no. *g* Thanks though!

@V: Ahh. No it's okay. I have a little saved for more straps.

@V #2: The Paci Papaya I could've gotten but didn't, argh! I like the first one you showed. I must look at that. The Natale is a little too masculine-looking, for me. Thanks again!

:o

Panatime? After all my Pacis, Dirks, and Vs...just no. *g* Thanks though!

Well just thought something less expensive.. if you want I also have recommendations on the upper scale ;)

For example this new TOsc strap looks nice for it:

p1004390905-2.jpg

or the Natale MP XII

p72092391.jpg

232SC-1.jpg

232MP.jpg

DSCN7763.jpg

DSCN7697.jpg

These are great pics. Is this a DSN?