When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Time for a Panerai Competition.. V strap giveaway

V

Well.. it has been a long time since a nice panerai competition / giveaway...

There are two questions... 1st is knowledge and 2nd is luck. The one who answers both correctly (in the second one if you are close enough I will consider it correct) will get a surprise strap.

1st:

What is this ship in the following photo? (and I do not mean the name of the ship :p )

shipor8.jpg

2nd:

What Serial Nr. has my OEM Panerai 112 ?

GOOD LUCK :D

P.S. In case Imageshack is not working here is the photo of the ship attached:

post-89-1196353593_thumb.jpg

I searched for the serial number by scrolling back to some lontana post of RWG's yesteryear, where V might've posted something like "I got my first gen PAM!" in the title.

Well, I found a poll where he asked for help in choosing his gen purchase -- the one he chose, the 112, was not the winner, BTW, heh.

But no post mentioning the serial number.

So, if this is correct and he never mentioned it before, the variations can be endless, and the question is indeed, blind luck.

I have an inkling V wouldn't make the question this hard, so it must have been posted somewhere ("Gen v. Rep" area?), or in fact, Prof got it right and it's 2687.

The first I conjecture is a photo posted before on RWG, perhaps by a famous member like Tanfo, which mentions something notable about the ship. Or even, just mentioning who posted it, is the answer.

That can be my only conclusion, since Prof's detailed reply about it seemed even to a PAM newbie like myself, a very good response (unless it's something more basic like "Ship is part of the Decima Mas Flottiglia" or some such).

Both of these questions, given the logic I employed above, are best suited for old-time RWG members, and not for newbies. So good luck to the more established members in remembering the answer. :)

Well the first question can only be answered from very true Panerai enthusiasts.. (not Tanfo.. he only has the biggest collection not the most knowledge in the history of Panerai :p )

I know 4-5 persons who may be able to reply to it.. Let them check the thread and we'll see.

Question Nr 2.. No I have never posted a photo of my serial number. Which means it is pure luck.

At least to make a little bit more easy I will say it an I series 112 with only 1500 examples.. Which means the 2687 is comletely wrong :)

There are two questions... 1st is knowledge and 2nd is luck. The one who answers both correctly (in the second one if you are close enough I will consider it correct) will get a surprise strap.

1st:

What is this ship in the following photo? (and I do not mean the name of the ship :p )

shipor8.jpg

2nd:

The ship, is simply, a Pam watch carrier ,as for the serial number of your 112,how should I know? :rolleyes:

1. Metta.

2. May I ask whether it is your gen 112 or else?

Amazing collection! I am left speechless!...

1. Metta.

Damn. My guess was the "portaerei" L'Aquila. But yours is obviously correct.

(BTW, V, that's my official entry. "L'Aquila", the first aircraft carrier in the Regia Marina. Converted from the cruise ship, Roma)

2. May I ask whether it is your gen 112 or else?

It's a gen I believe, Sssurfer :).

And my final guess since V bought it late last year, apparently, is serial number 1359.

1. this model of ship that was in the room of attended of the veccha Panerai and it had a control panel to singly turn on all the lights that were produced by Panerai. quoted by Ferretti Francesco. The pic was taken in Paci's house. From what I can gather most if not all the pieces are fakes.

I can provide more info, but that should suffice

2. 1111

Edited by tootall

It's a gen I believe, Sssurfer :).

Yes, mine was a stupid question. I noticed the OEM word by V only after asking it.

Btw, K., I too love Marillion... :D

1. this model of ship that was in the room of attended of the veccha Panerai and it had a control panel to singly turn on all the lights that were produced by Panerai. quoted by Ferretti Francesco. The pic was taken in Paci's house. From what I can gather most if not all the pieces are fakes.

I can provide more info, but that should suffice

2. 1111

Yeap.. this the correct answer to Nr 1 question...

The photo is of the famous 'Garibaldi ship'.

A lot of speculation about the Pams 'aboard' :)

Some say they are fakes.. I personally believe some of them prototypes made for fun by various OEM Panerai parts laying around.. others production models probably made outside the normal production numbers? unauthorised?

Some interesting watches there.. A gold 201/A a destro 201/A a 'Flavor Flav' :p 49 with pink indexes !!!!

and of course some Vintages that simply CANNOT be fake.

More details here on the original post:

http://www.network54.com/Forum/265104/thre...aribaldi%20ship

About question Nr 2 no one has been even close to my Serial Nr.

KEEP THE GUESSES COMING :)

1st:

shipor8.jpg

2nd:

N