When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Asian auto 21j or Asian ETA 2813

RRFAN

Hi, Looking to get a submariner for xmas and I'm stuck between Josh's and Andrews Beginmariners. They are both the same price but are slightly different (i think).

Josh's is an Asia Eta 2813 - http://www.pc-80108.com/rlss10009-black-be...ing-p-2303.html

Andrew's is an Asia Auto 21J but is waterproofed to 50m - http://www.trustytime88.com/index.php?main...roducts_id=2248

Both come to the same price with shipping. From some searches I've done the Asian 21j is best to steer clear of but there have been mixed reviews on the 2813 Eta also.

Which would you guys choose if you had to? Both sellers have good service so I'm not fussed on choosing it on their merits, just on the watches themselves.

Many Thanks to anyone who helps.

Edited by RRFAN

The two movements you mention are one and the same. The difference is that Josh is a proven liar when it comes to describing his movements. There is no such thing as an Asian ETA 2813. The 2813 movement is not a calibre produced by ETA. It is a movement produced in China by PTS resources and is a distant copy of a Miyota/Citizen design.

Calling it ETA is complete bullcrap designed to make you think it is something other than what it is.

The prices are the same because the products are the same because the two sellers collaborate. Andrew seems to have a conscience about misrepresenting his products though.

Josh clearly doesn't.

The two movements you mention are one and the same. The difference is that Josh is a proven liar when it comes to describing his movements. There is no such thing as an Asian ETA 2813. The 2813 movement is not a calibre produced by ETA. It is a movement produced in China by PTS resources and is a distant copy of a Miyota/Citizen design.

Calling it ETA is complete bullcrap designed to make you think it is something other than what it is.

The prices are the same because the products are the same because the two sellers collaborate. Andrew seems to have a conscience about misrepresenting his products though.

Josh clearly doesn't.

What he said, just marketing bull. Have a look at a noobmarina.

• 4 years later...

Can someone point me to Anrika's website if he has one?

I can't find him under the links.

-Alex

Can someone point me to Anrika's website if he has one?

I can't find him under the links.

-Alex

Narikaa left this forum about 1 month ago. He still operates on other forums.

He has a photo hosting site, not really a web store.

You look at the watches then email him to order https://www.dropbox.com/gallery/2644807/1/Narikaa%20Gallery/MENS%20WATCHES/?h=a09530