When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Replica watch salemen thugs attack ex-cop

Wiss

Hope everyone is doing well tonight!

I ran across this news article and thought how tragic. It is on a different level than this forum but it still shows the risks of the hobby. In any case, it could have been anything, (just happened to be thugs dealing in replica watches)

Not as simple as it seems......most Thai watch vendors will give you very little trouble...if any......the problem in this instance was that the Scottish guy conifrmed an interest...@ 2500 baht.....and haggled the vendor down to around 800 baht.....then told him to [censored] off......the Thai guy took umbrage at losing face....not tomention hislunchmoney that day......and decided that there was no chok dee krhab for the Scots guy...and set about him with a bar stool......a clear cut case of 'pick your dealer'.....B)

Just goes to show that a drunken Scotsman and reps dont mix. Judging by what the guy was wearing in the pics, he should have taken them up on the offer and bought a rep. You are right though, most street dealers will not display violence unless really prevoked. This is what happened... Excuse me kind sir, can I opper you some pine watches for very good deal today? Bugger off!! Look at that rehaut and crown, you should be ashamed. The rest is history.

Nah.....the Scotsman said...."that's no' an MBK.....that's wan o thae Chinese copies.....Josh's salesman then set about him with a stool...saying..."miao these are DEFINITELY from MBK.....look at the crown guards...."....:lol:

he said "omg there's no TRL, how can you sell this junk"

to which the thai gang of street thug rep watch purveyors took as the ultimate superduper 1:1 MBW (literally) 5th gen final version perfect insult and damn near killed him.

thank god we can talk smack from the comfort of our own homes via the series of tubes known as teh internets

Nah.....the Scotsman said...."that's no' an MBK.....that's wan o thae Chinese copies.....Josh's salesman then set about him with a stool...saying..."miao these are DEFINITELY from MBK.....look at the crown guards...."....:lol:

Are you saying that Joshua (Perfect Clones?) is a Scotsman?

Reminds of a night in patpong....

Farang sitting there, arguing with the thai about how he doesn't know how to run a business....and the farang wife sitting there eggin' her husband on...."you tell 'em sweetie"... :schmoll:

It was pititful. :hammer:

Good for a laugh....and a big ol' crowd of tourists too...everyone...awestruck. :gathering:

Never, ever in my life saw a patpong vendor telling a farang to phuck off...it was hilarious....stupid farang just wasn't gettin' it that day... :shutup:

Yep

No middle ground with Thais

Its

Friendly smiles or homicidal maniacs

Theres no 'Hold me back Doris or I'll kill him'.... 'Oh leave it Jeffrey hes just not worth it' bullshine out there. Cross the line and anything short of fatalities is considered very trivial indeed.

I recall the first sample I had some 12 years ago there, at a rural party....... couple of teenagers got to arguing - as drunken teens do anywhere... punch thrown....all hell breaks loose....several deaths immediately ensued from edged weapons...and only stopped when the landowners uncle emptied a pump action 12g into the fighting mass !!!

Anyhoo, anyone who drinks in Nong Beer Bar...needs some sense beating into them

;-)

Wow. They sound like women.

No...the farang men they beat up are women.....!

As Reg says....there is no such thing as handbags at 50 paces with Thais...even the women......the moment the insult has registered....it's bedlam.....and one thing Thais do not do.......they do NOT stand back and mutter...."oooh......that's terrible that is...they should be ashamed of themselves they should".....!

I've tried to impress upon many faramgs over the years that they should not work on the assumption that because Thai people are small compared to farangs...especially burly Yanks and more recently...... burly...and exceptionally stupid Russians....that they are a take-on.....they will whup your ass seven sides to Sunday.....they're next door neighbours with Vietnam ....and Lordy knows as do the Yanks....they were hardy lil fukkers....same with any of the countries in that region...Thai / Laos / Burma / Cambodia / Vietnam.......every young boy there takes compulsory education in Muay Thai.....they will Tony Jaa your ass all over the place....!

The Scots guy was just being a p r i c k...he was haggling the vendor downwards and then told him to p i s s orf.......big mistake....in this case a polite or otherwise refusal does OFFEND... asimple 'miao krhap" at the start of the trading would have been both approppriate and wise...!

Edited by TTK